I WANT ONE!! I WANT ONE!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
1 Kilo silver, only a 40 dollar face value coin but of course that's Liberian dollars. So go to Liberia, buy something for 10 Liberian dollars and hand them a 50 dollar Liberian coin and ask for the 40 in change....

I wonder what a 1 Kilo US silver coin's face value would be. More or less than 40 dollars?

Must admit I wouldn't mind finding one on the beach! I wonder if Liberians take these to the beach for refreshments....

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Lowbatts said:
Must admit I wouldn't mind finding one on the beach! I wonder if Liberians take these to the beach for refreshments....
I didn't think Liberians went to the beach. I thought they just stayed inside with their books.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
That is a really cool coin. I hate it that our mint only produces things that look like monopoly game tokens ... Last year I bought a 2009 Ultra-High relief St. Gaudens Double Eagle from our mint, and that was beautiful, but entirely parasitic upon upon a coin that was minted in 1907... Another cool mint example is the British, where all the coins have a piece of the royal code of arms, you lay all the coins out right, and you have a big shield. I bought a '09 mint set from our mint last year, and some of the "mint state" coins had scratches in them. Our mint is substandard ... sorry about the rant...

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind having one, if it wasn't $1,200 dang dollars!!! lol
Very pretty coin though... worth having to admire.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread