Kickin to the curb w/Mayo

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Kickin' to the curb w/Mayo

Some more sidewalk work ongoing in town, gonna be camping out on this one. So far no coinage to show except clad and a couple '40'ish wheaties. Finds included a nice crotal bell, an Elgin Bicycle Co. lapel pin identical to the one Mayo got a couple weeks ago. Watch faces, go figure... and a watch case bezel with winding stem still attached. Hitching rings, buckles, spade and fireplace shovel, pretty much relics across the board on this one.

Went to an old park also and got an 1886 IH, a couple wheaties, 1912, 1935, 1941 and more clad.
Mayo did a bit better with the old coinage and the bling!

Attachments

• curb work 2k10 001.jpg
    curb work 2k10 001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Mayo got one first.jpg
    Mayo got one first.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 175

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Kickin' to the curb w/Mayo

Even though I don't support it, that American Recovery Act is opening up alot of streets and sidewalks around where I'm at. Nice finds though. Love the relics.
HH
John

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Hey Tim, you sure didn't come home empty handed like I did. That pin is better than silver! :thumbsup:

I especially like the orange tarp,,, wonder why somebody would bury a brand new one... damn
grommets sure sound good sometimes, don't they?.... :laughing7:

Nice older Injun ! :thumbsup:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

You guys are on those sidewalk tearups out there like flies on... ...errr... ...nevermind...

WTG on those great finds, particularly the highlighted duo of the Indian and the pin!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice hunting! :wink:

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

"I especially like the orange tarp,,, wonder why somebody would bury a brand new one... damn
grommets sure sound good sometimes, don't they?.... "

Found four of them in a garbage can after a collegiate sporting event at the sports complex. They are printed on one side with some sports apparel name. They were all in their original wrappers, unopened. Gave a couple to Mayo for truck bed liners, table cloths, whatever. Think they're 4 X 8.

Now if I was one of those ijuts on that "American Pickers" show I'd have imnmediately run over to the grounds keepers and offered them 400 dollars for them.

Hey Neil hope you can make it out for this one too, saving some of the better ground for ya!

Hey DJ, they just re-painted all those "Build Illinois" signs with that "Recovery Act" tripe in my mind. Don't think they ever took back the 10 Billlion Ryan laid out for it, and they couldn't have spent it by now. But credit ho's being what they are....

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG Tim on your finds. Found a few of those grommets today myself with a few wheaties to boot. Your doing the "RECOVERY ACT".

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Batts puttin the juice to it as usual ... :icon_thumright:

Great IH ... HOWEVER ...

The bicycle pin is beyond stellar ... :notworthy:

~ Al

Top Member Reactions