Week 22, shiny, feathers and more

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Just a bunch of stuff laying around rotting in the ground. Hopped around with Mayo for a bit, yesterday Neil and Mark took a swipe at the local digs also. Sidewalk work ongoing. Found some more IH's, yesterday pulled two an 1868 and an 1893 so it's 6 out of the cinders for now. Got an 1889 seated dime also the other day, very beautiful if not for environemental damage (nicks/dings) and my pic does not do it justice and a nice 1916 buff. About a dozen wheaties so far but lost some in general loot pile in the garage.

A lead seal of some kind that reads U. S. (O. or C.) on top and Buffalo NY on the bottom. Frame handle from a very old comb, some pretty marbles, a glass fruit jar lid with Pat Pending's birthday on it, Sept 20, 1888! Another small screw cap, about 10 mm that has a painter and pallette emblem on it.

Scads o' clad including a 2003 20 pence (thought it was a nickle) until I just noticed it's odd shape.
Threw in the Camay soap cake token and dress button I found with Rich last week, didn't have pics of them up yet.

Have fun, keep at it!

Attachments

• Mayo in form.jpg
    Mayo in form.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 203
  • week 22 coinage old.jpg
    week 22 coinage old.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 208
  • week 22 pile.jpg
    week 22 pile.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 188
  • week 22 relics.jpg
    week 22 relics.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 193

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
:icon_thumleft: holy smokes your sidewalks are LOADED with loot, if you owned a concrete company just think what you could do!!!! :icon_thumright:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: CONGRATS ON THE SWEEET SEATED DIME!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seated Tim. Great haul at the sidewalk tearout!!! Hope you get another day or two at that site.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Yes indeed, we have a

winner small.jpg

Congrats on that full liberty seated, Tim!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Thanks for having us out! It was fun watching you pull those Indians up!

Your bird cleaned up nicely - I believe its new perch should be your dashboard.

Attachments

• winner small.jpg
    winner small.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 113

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
A big congrats on that Seated, Tim!
Judging by the size of your trash pile, you really earned a nice oldie! :thumbsup:

Do you run in all-metal on those tear outs?

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
litefire56 said:
A big congrats on that Seated, Tim!
Judging by the size of your trash pile, you really earned a nice oldie! :thumbsup:

Do you run in all-metal on those tear outs?
No, I use all metal sparingly. Remember, there's 100+ years of iron oxidized under those slabs and in those cinders and old coal chunks. I keep the disc above a large nail so if I hit another bayonet, horseshoe or what-not I'll know.

I'm pretty sure Neil had quarters disc'ed out yesterday....
And surely, if anyone should be deserving, it's our guy batting cleanup, Mayo. He's a parkway eating monster, I just ran ahead of him cherry-picking.

Hey Mayo, slabs on 400 block of Addison coming up today. The guys were knocking on doors telling the folks to move their cars when I just passed by there. Probably gonna miss some of that, gotta nap, big morning at the carnie, pouch o' coinage somewhat barren though.

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no proper words to describe what an honor it is to know you ...

I am in a suspended sense of possible, irreversible , AWE ... :'( :'( :'( ...(tears of joy)

Bravo ~ Al

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you got me on a good hair day...

Notice the sidewalk crew guy walking behind me carrying lumber - I had the feeling he was gonna swing one of those boards at my head if I didn't move out of his way quick enough. The hair is merely a protective device in such instances.

I got a few wheats (not pictured) on the sidewalk circuit, and also two foreign coins. Miscellaneous relics included a glass doorknob, a possible window lock, and a bent up piece which may have been a thread spool holder off an old sewing machine since it has Singer Mfg. Co. on it. And the top of a glass bottle - possibly a flask, which looks to be made of pewter. Tons of junk metal not pictured.

Attachments

• Sidewalk1.jpg
    Sidewalk1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 10Fils.jpg
    10Fils.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 10Fils2.jpg
    10Fils2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Canadian1.jpg
    Canadian1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Canadian2.jpg
    Canadian2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 165

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man o man Tim! Those sidwalk tearouts are treating you nice this year. Is that 3 seated dimes so far? :notworthy:

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
WTG on the seated dime and the early injun. Those are two nice coins you were able to retrieve from tough hunting conditions. Congratulations!

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Pocket Spill said:
WTG on the seated dime and the early injun. Those are two nice coins you were able to retrieve from tough hunting conditions. Congratulations!

Igotta get some way to try to keep up you ETrac silver gobbling monsters man! So it's the targets of opportunity for me.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Awesome Job Tim.
Way to go on the seated :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread