Last few hunts - Me smokum peace pipe!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I got out to my old standby grove last week. I didn't get any silver, but I found a couple old wheats, an aluminum religious pendant, and my second ever and best condition Chief Pontiac coin.

Pontiac small.jpg

Later in the week, Tim was a gracious host and invited me out to hunt with him in the sidewalk tearouts. :thumbsup: Found a kids plastic watch which I included in the pic because it's colorful, a cheapo chain, included because - well, it's a chain! I got one of the marbles Tim lost, and an urbanly fired bullet - I wonder what or who it hit...

During this hunt, I was working a parkway in the same area that a couple others had hit a day or two before when I got a broken signal right in the middle of the scraped parkway. I scanned it for a while and decided to dig. Out came a no date SQL from only 2".

SLQ small.jpg

I was wondering why the signal was so crappy on a shallow coin, so I checked the hole and found a rusty nail that was trying to hide the quarter. What the heck, I'll put that in the pic, too. ;D

Well, Mark invited me to his new Cracker Jack toy spot this morning. :thumbsup: I'd like to find a couple of CJ toys, so why not. After juicing up with Deet, it was into the woods for the first time in a looong time. Dating the area, I found a Rogers spoon handle with the Grecian pattern issued in 1915. Who knows when it was lost.... I also managed to find two old CJ toys. One is a bent candelabra, and the other is this cool and complete Indian Peace Pipe - my "find of the day". :thumbsup: I knew it was something special when Mr. CJ toy himself started to drool over it. ;D

Peace Pipe small.jpg

Peace Pipe face 2 small.jpg

So it was fun hunting this past week. While the finds aren't coming in hand over fist, I managed to pick up some cool things and have a good time hunting with friends! :thumbsup:

Finds small.jpg

Thanks for checking out my finds, HH and peace! to you! UG!

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything you found is cool! Not a bad haul at all.
HH
John

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wicked Digs !! :occasion14: The pipe is a keeper for sure! :headbang:

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Neil that pipe is really cool. Well worth the extra deet?? Parway digs treated you well. I found a chain there just like the one you found, bullet also (no casing). Now with the summer heat gone for awhile, more HH to you.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
That Pontiac token was one of my first token finds many years back! It's a cool one too!

Nice bowl, dude!

Great digs all around!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still drooling over that pipe :P and as Litefire mentioned, finding
one with the war-paint still on it is more than wonderful :thumbsup:

Your Pontiac token is just as cool as your SLQ. . . which ain't too shabby either :wink:

We'll have to hit that place again and dig ALL those "low-tones"
especially when they're deeper than 5-inches :wink:

Very cool stuff!

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Olderactor said:
Great finds. I have a book on CJ toys you and Mark might like to see.
I was thinking of ordering that one, Jim. It looked really interesting, but it was $24. Then I thought I'd just talk Mark into buying it so I could borrow it to read for free! ;D :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread