Expired License

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a 1992 Chevy S-10 pick up that I don't use very often - I should sell it but it's got a great rebuilt engine in it with only 20,000 miles on it. Anyways it's been sitting in my back yard in the winters, then in the summer I move it out to the street. This year I only drove it a couple times and although I got the license plate renewal in the mail, I kept putting off getting it because I didn't want to spend the money on a truck I should sell...

So of course it finally happens and I get a ticket on it for having expired plates.
The funny thing is, on the back it explains it's a $75.00 ticket unless it's for seat belt violations, which is a $55.00 ticket. So they're telling me it's a greater offense having my car parked on the street with expired plates (hurting nobody other than our Secretary of State's income) than it is if I was driving without my seat belt on. But I guess to be fair, the plates did expire in January.

So in celebration, I cleaned up a vehicle tag I found.
It was bent on an angle through the middle so I had to pound it back into submission.
I don't think it will do me any good in court though - it expired in May - of 1920!

Attachments

• VehicleTag.jpg
    VehicleTag.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 229

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The state of Illinois might try and charge you 90 years tax Mayo. Don't
forget to take it out of your pocket before entering the METAL DETECTOR!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Now you just gotta get those diamond rings appraised....

And it's lunch at Goodfellas!

Go on, put that tag on the truck....

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
I don't know about putting that on your vehicle ... aren't the rates higher for 'pleasure vehicles' in Illinois? Licensing fees are one of the politicians favorite taxes because they believe they fall under the 'no new tax banner.' Thus they can jack up the rates for our pleasure vehicles and claim they are not taxing us more. So when you don't pay your user fees, you are hurting the state's favorite revenue source. Plus think of all the poor people in jail who would not otherwise have a job if people weren't buying the stickers and plates they make. You never know one of those stickers one day maybe made by a current or former governor of this state....

OP
OP
Mayo South Elgin

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I read that tag, I just read it as "Pleasure Motor"

Maybe I could give a ride to the singer in Moloko

Never seen them before today - it's almost like Devo morphed with Bootsy Rubber Band

If you watch closely, I think Lowbatts makes his cameo music video appearance working the cables.
I think the video may have been filmed at Lowbatts Labs?
:-)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man. . . sorry about the ticket. . . that sucks!

On a brighter note, that license is awesome :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW buddy!!!!! That is an AWESOME find right there!!!!! :icon_pirat:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Mayo South Elgin said:
The funny thing is, on the back it explains it's a $75.00 ticket unless it's for seat belt violations, which is a $55.00 ticket. So they're telling me it's a greater offense having my car parked on the street with expired plates (hurting nobody other than our Secretary of State's income) than it is if I was driving without my seat belt on.
...and red light cameras are all about safety - right! It's all about the bucks, baby! No politician will ever admit it, tho.

But, that's a great way to celebrate! A rocking good vehicle tag!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That will look nice in your shadowbox, or glued to the wall next to the "seat" in your newly remodeled bathroom!

OP
OP
Mayo South Elgin

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the good news is, the ticket costs less than the renewal sticker for the plates. And I sold the truck, so I don't have to renew the plates!

I may gold leaf that old vehicle tag and wear it on a heavy gold chain.
Now all I gotta do is find the chain...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread