Its been a while

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
It's been a while

Since I've found silver, so here are some finds from the last several hunts, both in the woods and in the turf.

Hit the woods with mark in July and found this Park Ridge Country Club badge. Mark ID'ed it as a caddy badge & the CC still in operation dates it to the 30's. :thumbsup:

Caddy badge \'shopped small.jpg

On the same day, I also dug a musket ball, my first one ever, a stooopid '08 V-Nickel, and two partial Cracker Jack toys - a crippled cow and a reallllly snub-nose .38! Then a few days later when Mark found his walker, I dug a plated fork and this old sterling pin. :)

Oval sterling pin small.jpg

Found a Bishop Choi St. Christopher medal several days later at a park. I guess these were pretty popular. I'll bet Tim has found one of these with all the digging he does. This one was awarded to JL. The front is a standard St. Christopher medal. Here's the back. "To JL from Bishop Choi" Too bad it's not silver or gold.

Medal back small.jpg

Today, I was heading out to the store and threw the detector in the trunk as an afterthought. There is a big old park between here and there and as I drove by, if the mood struck I'd stop for a few minutes. Well I stopped and after 20 minutes grabbed a '52 Rosie. After about another half hour, I found this deep '44 Merc. :)

Silvers small.jpg

This was the first Merc I've found at this park, having pulled three Rosies and a George before. It was a gorgeous warm & breezy day at this spot, and it turned out to be a pleasurable hunt! Sometimes the unplanned ones are the best, I guess.

So here's the grand total for the past few hunts, minus the wheats and clad:

Finds.jpg

Thanks for checking out my finds and HH! :wink:

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's been a while

Silver is Splendoriffic ... :icon_thumright:

NICE ... ;D

~ Al

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Today was a nice day Neil, glad to here you got out and detected in it and found yourself
some silver.

F

Felinepeachy

Great finds. Thanks for posting :hello:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice job on the silver Neil :thumbsup: Some of those parks you never
know what'll turn up. . . they can be real sleepers for sure :wink:

That caddy badge though is REALLY cool! I like it 8)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Tallying up there Neil! Nope, no Bish Choi medals.

Mayo got a nice mother of Jesus medallion yesterday, after we got wired at his place....

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kimsdad said:
Thanks everyone!

Al Czervik said:
Silver is Splendoriffic ... :icon_thumright:
NICE ... ;D
~ Al
Al, where ya been? :dontknow:

Sorry Guys ... Al's been making sure the bills are paid ... I think all the guys from Illi are righteous, However ... I have been burning the candle at both ends for some time now ...

Stay Cool ~ Al

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

That's what I call a great hunt, I love the variety. That is a nice V-nickel!!! Even though you call it stooooopid. lol

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions