Last couple hunts

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Hey guys, I still haven't been getting out that much lately, been too busy. I know of a few spots I want to get to before it's too late for the year but I don't know if I'll make it. Anyway, here are some of my finds from the last couple hunts. I got a no-date standing liberty, '34 merc, three V's (1892, 1899, 1910), two rosies ('56-D and a '53-D), some wheaties, and some relics. I also found a sterling ring which has Native American images all over it, including the Swastika (which was largely disused by Native Americans in art when the Nazis began using it) and a junk copper ring. During one woods hunt, I decided to dig all signals. I found the tiniest little ice skate in the absolute middle of nowhere, odd. It rang up very low, lower than a nickel, and looks to have been a pin once. It says "Westor Johnson" along the bottom of the skate. That was an early manufactuer of skates from Chicago. I also found a tiny peice of silver in the form of one of those little clips that go on a pen so that you can clip it to a pocket. The brand name is Everfeed. I had no idea it was silver until I got home, I thought it was junk. I also found a sterling pin. It is very small and oval-shaped and features a beautiful wooded and mountainous scene painted under what seems like a layer of clear porcelain or something. It rang up like a zinc cent. I tried scanning the back to show the hallmark but it didn't work out too well. Lastly, a most interesting little pin of a boy in period clothing running. I didn't find much else the day I found him, but finding him made my day. It was fun seeing all your posts, hopefully I'll see some of you guys soon.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 183

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Great finds, Joe!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The coinage is really nice, and the relics are swell, too!

I really like the ice skate, and the kid looks like Dutch Boy paint advertising (just a WAG) :)

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
scrounger d detector collector said:
excellent finds. that skate is great.

arty pin.

how come no pic on the swastika ring ?

I'll get one taken soon, I'll have to get the camera from...whereever it is!

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Thems the goods Joe! Hope you get some time and weather to finish big, as if those weren't already awesome digs!

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top notch ... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Bravo my good man ...

~ Al

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
Gotta love the silver and the Vs! Awesome finds, and good luck on getting to the rest of your sites!

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
scrounger d detector collector said:
excellent finds. that skate is great.

arty pin.

how come no pic on the swastika ring ?

Here you go Scrounger:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 139

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of great finds buddy!!! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You pulled some nice stuff Joe!!

Hmmm. . . could that skate be a . . . CrackerJack prize? ;D (sweet)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread