Pounded Area of where a school once stood, still giving up the goodies........
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting
    257 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Pounded Area of where a school once stood, still giving up the goodies........

I got out for hour and a half before I had to go to work.
    I went to where an old school once stood for 60 years.
    I have pounded all 4 corners of this property over the years starting in 1986 thru 1996 then hit it hard
    for the last 5 years too.
    It amazes me that I still get goodies from there.
    Late Last year I pulled a 1919 CLASS RING from there along with several more silver.

TODAY:
    I decided to go there and I was in the mood to listen for the not so good signals in 2 areas that
    I have gone over at least 50 time ( I'm not $h*ting I have pounded these areas, I have many many hour put here ) So has a few other guys too.
    Every spring I go back to see if the frost and winter might have changed things.
    I got this real iffy target at 6 inches 3-38 2-39 5-36 ( etrac ) nothing solid at all.
    Dig down a bit and on the 2nd dig, out popped a 1903 I H.
    10 minutes later I walked to the other corner.
    Dug a clad dime then about 3 feet away I got a single bleep and the numbers were jumping 1-44 3-36 7-32.
    Dug it up and again out popped a 1906 IH. SWEET !!!!
    10 feet away I got a jumpy signal this time it was mostly a null sound and a high tone broken up signal 1-47 10-50 3-48
    in only one direction but it said it was about 7-8 inches
    So dig out a bit and out popped a piece of Iron ( Square Nail I think ) Stick the probe it to double check the hole and she
    let out this high flutety sound solid as can be... next scoop the dirt pile reveals the nice silver reeds of the coin.
    I said come on be an 1800"s Barber since it's on my wish list....After gentle pushing some dirt off it I saw the year 1945. Damn.... I gotta say that this ETRAC is a hell of machine to be able to get the silver with a large piece of iron next to it.
    I was happy that I pulled another piece of silver from the area.. I'm sure there is more... After all this area is one of my top 5 areas for producing many silver and other goodies....There getting harder to find.....though
    Sorry for the long winded story but I was so surprised to find these 3 finds....
    One thing for sure.... " NO PLACE IS EVER HUNTED OUT "

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0302.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	527135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0307.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	527137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0308.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	527138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0309.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	527139  

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Happy Hunting from Des Plaines IL ( D P Bob )

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: Pounded Area of where a school once stood, still giving up the goodies........

Ah grasshopper. Looks like like you're learning well the E-Trac machina. Maybe a little toooooo well (jk) Glad you could hear that rusty iron/silver sound. There are many, and I mean many more like that out there that other machines will not get.

Congrats on a great hunt !
    2012Counts:
    Barber 1/2= ;WLH 1/2= ;FRH= ; SeQ=; SLQ=1 SWQ=5; Barber Q= ; Seated D.= ; Barber Dime=4 ; Merc's=9; Roosies=6; War Nickels=1; Foreign Silver=1
    Silver=27 Gold=4

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    257 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Pounded Area of where a school once stood, still giving up the goodies........

Quote Originally Posted by Lookn4Seated
    Ah grasshopper. Looks like like you're learning well the E-Trac machina. Maybe a little toooooo well (jk) Glad you could hear that rusty iron/silver sound. There are many, and I mean many more like that out there that other machines will not get.

You think the ace 250 would, cause I was thinking of getting one and getting rid of the Etrac.....Then I can cry about not finding anything....

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Happy Hunting from Des Plaines IL ( D P Bob )

us
    Dec 2009
    pisgah forest, n.c.
    minelab e-trac and equinox 800
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

nice finds bob, you thinking about going south of I-80 with silly spoon to "find the good stuff"

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by D P Bob

You think the ace 250 would cause I was thinking of getting one and getting rid of the Etrac.....Then I can cry about not finding anything....
    Only if there's a parking lot there and the snow melts. I'd only hit those areas Bob.
    2012Counts:
    Barber 1/2= ;WLH 1/2= ;FRH= ; SeQ=; SLQ=1 SWQ=5; Barber Q= ; Seated D.= ; Barber Dime=4 ; Merc's=9; Roosies=6; War Nickels=1; Foreign Silver=1
    Silver=27 Gold=4

us
    Let's go diggin!!!

Dec 2009
    G P, Illinois
    DFX
    390 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice work Bob, pounded sites are great for working on
    your detecting skills, north of I-80.

Mar 2008
    Chicago IL
    Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
    88 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Great hunting buddy, yea its gettin thin for solid targets so we have to adapt or leave the hobby (or atleast retreat below I80)
    Come check out my MD'ing videos:
    http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

us
    Apr 2009
    Chicago, Il
    Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II

Boom goes the dynamite!

us
    May 2008
    Illinois
    DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
    32 times

You Da man, Bob!

Mar 2008
    Chicago IL
    Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
    88 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub
    Boom goes the dynamite!
    I got the dynamite covered!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Okinowa Demo Range.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	527189  
    Come check out my MD'ing videos:
    http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    257 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by marinedad
    nice finds bob, you thinking about going south of I-80 with silly spoon to "find the good stuff"
    Quote Originally Posted by TreasureFiend
    Boom goes the dynamite!
    I got the dynamite covered!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by D P Bob

You think the ace 250 would cause I was thinking of getting one and getting rid of the Etrac.....Then I can cry about not finding anything....
    Only if there's a parking lot there and the snow melts. I'd only hit those areas Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinedad
    Boom goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt fishing Wolf
    Nice work Bob, pounded sites are great for working on
    your detecting skills, north of I-80.

Thanks Guys LOL

us
    Oct 2009
    Illinois
    Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
    2 times

great job picking out those goodies, with that many hours put into the place it's gotta be really tough!

us
    Jul 2003
    Elgin
    Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
    57 times

No one finds stuff like that at that old school house anymore. Sounds like an egg saturation.

Nice hunt!

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    257 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbatts
    No one finds stuff like that at that old school house anymore. Sounds like an egg saturation.

Nice hunt!
    LOL The Easter Bunny left them behind....

us
    OUTLAW 007

May 2009
    ILLINIOS
    TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

determination pays off , wtg!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links