Another Seated Quarter In My Lawn [1857]!!

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
just got back from a week long fishing trip to canada yesterday. it was damp this morning but had the day off so wanted to hunt a bit.. out there for maybe 45 minutes had another goofy hit 11-43 but again only got it one way and nulled out the other.. not near as pretty as my last one but a few years older.. 154 years old... i am so pumped!!

small000.png

small001.png

good luck out there ill let ya know if i get anything else!

Neil

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I was thinking about stopping by this weekend with the bobcat, why not go back up north fishing for a few days.....

Nice find!

OP
OP
nhagan

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Re: Another Seated Quarter In My Lawn [1857]!! UPDATED with another whatizit

just pulled this creepy whatizit up within 4 feet of this quarter about 7+ inches down (she was deep below a root). If I had to guess it weighs in around ten ounces. I have no idea what it is but looks like a kid with a smoke in his mouth (which may have been there at one point in time). Weird thing is the threaded bolt sticking out the top of its head. May post this in whatizit forum as well for a positive id..

small003.png

small004.png

Neil

OP
OP
nhagan

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Lowbatts said:
I was thinking about stopping by this weekend with the bobcat, why not go back up north fishing for a few days.....

Nice find!

hahaha funny thing is I have my cousins skid-steer still in the backyard... ::)
wife would love that

Neil

metman

Jul 28, 2010
Metamora, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you should go back on the east side of the yard to get the uncirculated stuff!!

Very cool finds!! Wish I was there.

DAD

OP
OP
nhagan

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
metman said:
I think you should go back on the east side of the yard to get the uncirculated stuff!!

Very cool finds!! Wish I was there.

DAD

Come on by when ya get home with the ace dad! I should be around when your plane gets in!

Neil

OP
OP
nhagan

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Thanks Mark! Thats the second one from my lawn. Nothing much exciting since then other than last night I was goofing around and found a UMC Union Shotgun shell (UMC produced shells from 1867-1911, then merged with remington).

Thanks again for the help with that Ace250 for my project Mark!

Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread