Fun Saturday Hunt 4 indians stole Rosie in a milky field of wheat lit by a torch

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
I got out on Saturday 10/15 for a fun hunt with PocketSpill, Etrac 007, and Dennis at a Chicago Park. Thanks guys for the hunt. My first find was a surface milk bottle which was pushed to the surface where construction had been done in the park. It was sort of half surfaced on the edge of bulldozed dirt. It is intact. Just a couple weeks ago, I found my first intact milk bottle (1/2 pint Bordens). Both are pictured. Took awhile to get in my grove. I started finding a lot of wheat (12 in all). It wasn't really till near the end that I started hitting on Indian heads (4). A button which took a while to ID (ended up being a WWI era ROTC collar disc). and a Rosie. Plus $10.75 in clad. 3 IH's and the silver Rosie came in the last hour right after 007 left--I wonder if he was a bad luck charm for me that day. Enjoy!
Bottles.jpg
IH\'s and Rosie.jpg
ButtonFront.jpg ButtonBack.jpg
Rest.jpg

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew it was an ROTC collar pin when Mike was telling me about it. I found an identical one at the same park :tongue3:

Congrats on a good hunt and cool bottles

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on all your finds. the milk bottles are great! glad you found silver after i left!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Good hunt Jon! Was this at the park where the new playing field was getting put in?

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Lowbatts said:
Good hunt Jon! Was this at the park where the new playing field was getting put in?

No it was not. I think it was just some work being done for drainage, sewer, or something below the Earth purposes.

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sound like fun Jon,those old milk bottles are cool to see,I work at a dairy so they have special meaning for me.....Lots o collectors out there for them.....

Soup

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Great hunting with you again! Alot of good coins were found but I think that milk bottle was the find of the day. Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread