Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oct 2006

BEST PLACE 2 METAL DETECT IN COOK COUNTY ILLINOIS!!!

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT IS THE BEST PLACE TO METAL DETECT IN ILLINOIS AROUND CHICAGO OR COOK COUNTY? PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFORMATION!!!

Apr 2005

Re: BEST PLACE 2 METAL DETECT IN COOK COUNTY ILLINOIS!!!

You might want to think about joinintg a club. I belong to a club that meets every 4th tuesday of the month in joliet wee go on 2 club hunts a month

us
    May 2006
    Illinois
    Minelab E-trac
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I heard on tv when i was in chicago that washington park is the oldest in chicago. I beleive they said it had a hoarse track at one time...

Nov 2006
    South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
    White's DFX

The park on the South side called Washington Park is probably not a good place to go hunting - gang banger territory. Now, in suburban Homewood there was a horse track called Washington Park, and that might work well. The Joliet club - Will Co. recovery? Thinking about that one. I've had some luck at Site A in the Palos Forest preserve. Was out there yesterday (Wed. 11-29-06) with a friend, and then the skies opened on us. Long walk back to the cars in the rain.

Tourezrick
    Political Correctness - a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

us
    May 2006
    Illinois
    Minelab E-trac
    25 times

Thats the one! The one with the Horse Track!!.......I know what you mean about chicago though. I have been making deliveries there every week for the last 14 years I start west of O'hare Airport and end up in Gary Indiana.I usually put around 200 miles of driving in the city while making my deliveries.It's usually around this time of year (Christmas) on the Southside where I have problems, with people Busting out a window to take my bag.Needlees to say I quit taking a bag after that. A little common sense will go a long way to keep you out of a mess.I live in Illinois, just right across the Mississippi River from Fort Madison Iowa, so I pretty much grew up in a small community of 1000 people.
    Needless to say I appreciate my small town every time I return Home.Friends have asked me of what I thought of Chicago, I have told them that thats not a fair question because all I have seen is the west side and the south side...

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting
    150 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

The older towns along the Chicago and Northwestern R R .
    I look for tear downs and sidewalk tear ups.

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Happy Hunting from Des Plaines IL ( D P Bob )

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    51 times

I am thinking that the best places to look in Illinois would be in these peoples houses...
    DesPlaines_IL_SilverBob
    Shermanville
    Baron Von DeKalb

or at least follow them around
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    8 times

grew up in CC forest preserves
    some crazy cool stuff to be seen and found 8)
    tons of history there and old foundations,bottle dumps in the woods to be found with some exploring
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

Nov 2006
    South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
    White's DFX

Yep, lots of old everything in Lemont and Lockport, two old canal towns. Good eats at La Dolce Vita in Lemont, places in Lockport I can't remember the names of. Wait - Tallgrass! Great food- take the Mrs. there. FWIW, Lemont has great summer Cruise Nights on Wednesdays, almost as good as the ones we have in Frankfort on Thursdays. Almost!

Tourezrick
    Political Correctness - a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    8 times

im refering to the river grove area not exclusive (follow the river north)but close
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

Mar 2006
    Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
    ETRAC BABY
    8 times

I will be up in the Illinois/Indiana area for the first quarter of the year working. Where is the CC forest? I have plenty of free time on the weekends and if the weather is good it would be nice to do some m/ding. Thanks TMAN...

May 2005
    19 times

T from T,

try:

http://www.fpdcc.com/

have a good un...........................
    SHERMANVILLE
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

Mar 2006
    Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
    ETRAC BABY
    8 times

Thanks for the info shermonville. Is there any particular place that would be a good place to go or not go? lol. Is there any requirements or restrictions that the park service requires. Thanks,

us
    Feb 2006
    Hanover Park Illinois
    XLT
    1 times

I have been in many forest preserves myself. It is against the law. Not many police will bother you unless you are leaving a mess. While with my sons, I have 1 of them carry a trash bag for any junk I may dig. The officer will see that you are respecting the property and will most likely leave you alone. I never leave anything laying around and I always fill in the holes and make them look as if i never dug there. Some officers are genuinely curious as well. Currently Cook county is in a budget crisis so there is a possibility of more tickets being issued just to generate revenue. Lets not forget about the weirdos that frequent the preserves also, always hunt with a partner if you can. My preference is the North and West suburban preserves in Elk Grove, Barrington, Hoffman estates areas. They are generally pretty quiet, easy parking and much cleaner.

us
    Jul 2006
    NE Illinois

I also belong to the Joliet club and at least two members have got tickets for the Cook County Preserve. I've been in Texas for the last 3 months so I don't know if the permits have been worked out yet. Rob
    MXT  Mr. Bill IDX  5" excelerator 8" excelerator 6x10 DD  Blue Max 600  Rat Phones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors