seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did some unplanned mding down in Wilmington today. While detecting I noticed a vehicle nearby watching us. Soon they drove over to us and I saw the park district label on the door and I thought we were going to get tossed out. Well the young man was very polite, asked if we found anything then asked us to make sure we cover our holes, which I said we always do. As I said earlier , he had watched so he already knew. He proceeded to tell us someone is mding there and leaving all the holes open, also dug up the side of the bank of the river pretty badly and just left it??!!!! Whoever you are clean your act up, their looking for you and I hope they find you. You truly are ruining it for the rest of us. The young man was so polite he actually recommended areas to look where according to him the maintenance people had found coins and other items, he was very nice. Wished us luck and went on his way. If whoever you are, you go back, COVER YOUR DAMN HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know from experience..... I hunted a private picnic grove for many years ( the only only one hunting it ) and I will say that you can cover your holes and make it look like you weren't there and an animal that smells your scent will dig your neat area up.
Yes there are people who don't do good jobs.....but a raccoon or skunk will make you look bad...

OP
OP
S

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi DPBOB I agree with what you say, however when the park district guy said they dug up a LARGE potion of the river bank I think its an mder. Also the park person stated that he had seen the person but apperantly did not know the damage done until later. Or could be a herd of skunks lol. The only ones who truly know are those doing it, as I told the park person I fill all my holes and pick up my trash. Did you ever get out to Glenview to do your street tear up? If not I would be interested to get up that way with an experienced mder , see what I can learn and find. HH

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted that spot a few years ago. It was a complete bust by the way (except my pull tab collection grew exponentially).

I didn't see any signs of MDing back then.

It always ticks me off to see those holes! I've been finding them in my small town lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread