The new pup

Labman

Greenie
Sep 18, 2015
LaSalle County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Manny and live in LaSalle county. I am 40 yrs old, married and have 3 dogs. A chocolate lab named Bosco, a Labradoodle named Mumford and a Weimer named River( female). I work in Bolingbrook Mon-Fri and will be trying to prospect on the weekends. Once ice forms, you can find me walking on ice somewhere.

I started panning and fossil hunting this year. So far, I am just trying to learn how to set up gear and understand my area's geology.

Here is the first ever try at setting up a sluice. I found plenty of black sand, pyrite, quartz and plenty of Indian beads. I did also find a fossil that was cone shaped.

IMG_1440.JPG

Anyone else from the area that would like to teach a newbie?

Good luck to those going out and be safe!

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking creek - nice sluice spot .... Looks like you Know the How to of it.. Are you finding any lead pieces? Could you show some pics of your finds (Beads)..I am a little north of you near 290 and 45, I get out a few times a year - I enjoy the company anytime - not sure if I have much to teach.....Thanks for sharing....BILLT.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum ..Ive wanted to try this near my area..good luck..

OP
OP
L

Labman

Greenie
Sep 18, 2015
LaSalle County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have wanted to do this for many years. I am glad I had a surplus of Cabela's and Bass Pro gift cards. I bought what I needed and found the rest at the hardware store.

Here are a few pics of my finds. No Gold but all kinds of fun stuff.

IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1523.JPG

This spot is a little upstream where I was the first time out. I found plenty of worthwhile spots with drops in the creek. Looks like I should find the bottom pretty easily.

IMG_1507.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread