Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Incas's treasures

Hello All

In early 1904 a story leaked our about an alleged discovery of Inca treasure. Was Prodgers part of the group I am not sure.

In 1912 there was an interesting report of a company promoter that went bankrupt who had a share in an expedition to recover treasure there. We know Prodgers made 3 attempts and during his third attempt we was poisoned and for the rest of his life never fully recovered from the effects.

Interest enough Harrison Fawcett the famous explorer who disappeared in 1925 in the Amazon looking for fabled lost city of Z. Visited the site and was recorded as not impressed with the prospects of the site. Interesting enough Fawcett allegedly claims that it was found years earlier by an Bolivian.

The story of that Bolivian is told in Prodgers book. But it seems that whatever he discovered was perhaps not even connected to the alleged Jesuit treasure as told by Corina San Roman Meza.

crow

Attachments

• THE ARGUS MELBOURNE WED 23 MARCH 1904.jpg
    THE ARGUS MELBOURNE WED 23 MARCH 1904.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,245
  • the advertiser mon 19 aug 1912.jpg
    the advertiser mon 19 aug 1912.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,322
  • the mercury hobart mon 19 august 1912.jpg
    the mercury hobart mon 19 august 1912.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,275

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Crow:

Thank you for those newspaper cuttings. And for the source citations - helpful.

PBS has a new documentary out on Col. Percy Fawcett.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/tag/percy-fawcett/

There is also an excellent book published relatively recently (just out in paperback, as I recall - though I prefer hardcovers!) The Lost City of Z that I tought was first-rate.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Hello Old bookaroo

Thank you for the compliment and the link. I have always had a soft spot Col. Percy Fawcett and perhaps he is having the last laugh in light of recent discoveries in the Amazon.

Please forgive me for turning this post from Inca treasures in the Plazulea monastery mystery. The site does have a long history of occupation from Inca times to present day. And there was many rich mines in the region as the whole country side was littered with abandoned mine workings.

To anyone who has traveled in these mountainous regions of Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador, they have that affect on you as if you are traveling through a different world. You can find vestiges of the Inca empire everywhere. Truly an amazing part of the world.

Johnnyi mentioned in his narration of his journey the story of the boulder on the "Road of Death"

Here is some pictures for those who has never seen the Road of death.

Some of the worse sections have been improved but it is still the highway of death. Traveling down is a unique experience. Each truck and bus has its own little shrine in pseudo christian Inca ancestor worship to pray to just to be on the safe side. And you can see why.

Some parts vehicles have to stop and let over vehicles have right of way. Sometimes buses and trucks have to side swipe each over just to pass. It is nothing for the vehicle on the outside to have part of the wheels over the cliff edge.

But the Bolivians not like us impatient westerners take it all in their stride. A lot of the truck drivers are women because they are more patient. The truck driver I traveled with, traveled the road twice a week and before each journey she would pray to a shrine and make an offering to the mountain gods.

As you can see traveling in some parts of Bolivia has its hazards.....

Crow

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 790
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 841
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 829
  • death road 20 529.jpg
    death road 20 529.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,070

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just a thank you for the continuation of these stories - I find them fascinating and can't seem to read enough about Inca history.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Hello Cuban64 and Don Jose

Inca history is amazing when you research deep into their past. I have been fortunate to have traveled all over the Andes researching their past. However It is a little unfair to use the term Inca because it is means ruler. There are the remains of many Andean cultures. The Inca rise was as spectacular as was their downfall to Francisco Pizzaro and his conquistadors.

Sadly there are very few gold Inca artifacts left after 300 odd years of Spanish looting. Most of them was melted down and sent back to Spain as coin or lost at sea or pirated by other European nations all wanting to get on the golden gravy train.

It had a massive impact on the world eventually stimulating the growth of world trade. It dragged Europe out of the middle ages. In fact a lot of the wealth of Europe and eventually the United States can be traced back indirectly to the events of Francisco Pizzaro, the simple pig farmer whose dream of fortune and glory led to tragic destruction of the Inca Empire.

Below are some artifacts that have some how escaped the looting of the Empire.

Crow

Attachments

• AAA10_Inca_Gold_Figurine.jpg
    AAA10_Inca_Gold_Figurine.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,632
  • A8A_-_Visible_Vault,_Pair_of_Inca_Keros,_Gold.jpg
    A8A_-_Visible_Vault,_Pair_of_Inca_Keros,_Gold.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 988
  • ADSC06042.JPG
    ADSC06042.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,956

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WoW! :notworthy:

Great stuff Crow!
Keep it coming please.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Hello all

To really understand the history of Inca empire you really have to travel back to the spiritual Incas birth place of the Inca Empire? The place where legends of treasure and history is entwined with the colour and spectacle of a true Inca city at heart, Cusco Peru.

Ah! Cusco is one of those cities one is lured to with a deep history high in the mountains which is known as the navel of the world in the Inca Empire. It is not a sleek city of glass and steel but a city rich in its past.

No one can fully comprehend the atmosphere that sits over this small Andean bohemian city. For a time it was my home that you can lose yourself among the colorful Indian street hawkers who appear and disappear with almost magical regularity. With its tacky tourist shops, Cross keys pub run by an British bird watcher and "Paddy Flaherty's" Irish pub by a man with no past,one could blend in with the scene.

It is a City where you can find a strange collection of wanderers from all corners of the globe. Butterfly hunters, Backpackers, adventurers, treasure hunters and all manner of humankind wrapped into a 16th century Spanish colonial city. It is a city of mystery with every step you take. As you wander through the city center you are walking in the footsteps of the conquistadors. And in the early morning light with the solemn church bells ringing their toll you could almost imagine yourself back there at another time and place.

In the Plaza De Alma's the main square you feel the past. And if you look hard enough, you will find traces of the Inca past every where. It is a fascinating little city with a myriad of characters among the sounds of Pan pipes and tiny back alleys leading to hidden courtyards of former Colonial mansions. But the one thing that dominates the city centre is the beautiful baroque Churches.

And in one these Beautiful ancient churches lies a secret ...

Awaiting those daring to seek it.

Crow.

Attachments

• Cusco March 1998.jpg
    Cusco March 1998.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 799

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crow said:
And in one these Beautiful ancient churches lies a secret ...

Awaiting those daring to seek it.

Crow.

Oh sure....... leave us hanging darnit!!! C'mon, spill the story :)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Cobfan every treasure hunter worth his salt knows the story. There are miles and miles of tunnels beneath the city where the Inca hid their gold. One known entrance is below the altar of a famous church. Dozens of treasure hunters have gone in there and never returned. The entrance is now sealed but there are other ways to get into the tunnels from outside the city.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

L E T S G O !!! Odd, but those same types of tunnels have popped up here? One under the mt of Alamos ran for some miles. Until recently it had a good flow of cool fresh air. The floor was covered with light colored sand for max visibility . Who built them, how, and for what reason?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Don Jose the authorities will not let you in there. Like I said, too many people have gotten lost and never returned. The only "known" entrance from the church is sealed.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahhh, is this tunnel system an extension of the stories of gold plates associated with Father Crespi or is this another one?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Salvo6,

Your comment "Cobfan every treasure hunter worth his salt knows the story" is not only insulting - but is, at the very best - untrue.

Second of all.......Not all of the information you are "sharing" is true.

You can indeed, go there. You can go there, and to machu picchu and many other places - and, believe it or not, they actually have guides that you can hire to take you. In fact - if you know so much about it, you know that a few years ago, cavers were the ones who discovered 16 or so tunnels under and surrounding Machu Picchu. They found a mass of corridors, many of which suddenly stopped or were blocked by stones, etc.
And cavers STILL go there today.

Either way - let's not ride our "high horse ", when talking to someone you don't even know - who has put many hours and miles on research of the things that interest him. (and, at least, get it right, ok?).

Beth

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Mrs Oroblanco my comment was not meant to be insulting but this subject has been posted numerous times. Also, I am not refering to the tunnels under Machu Piccu but under the church in Cuzco. You mean to tell me that they would allow me to tear up the floor behind the altar to gain access to the caves? I don't think so!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beth - at first I took it as a condescending insult as well, but generally I'm getting to that point in my life where I really don't care too much what other people think of me - especially those folks who don't know me at all :) Thanks for the support though.

Salvor, can you link me to some of the discussions/posts that get more specific about what supposedly lies underground in Cuzco? I've read a few general stories that have no documentation to back them up other than rumors - I enjoy the stories, but find documentation to be much more interesting and was hoping Crow might share some of that which is why I originally posted my comment.

Thanks

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, I don't expect anyone to be allowed to tear anything up, of course.

If it was not meant to be generally insulting, than I apologize - though, I did take it that way.

If we said that about things that had been discussed dozens and dozens of times - then we could probably say that about every single well known treasure story - but, every single year, someone "new" discovers things like the LDM or Victorio Peak, or whatever, and we start the discussion all over again - we don't tell them that they should already know.

Beth

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MRS. O.
I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT, IF FOR ANY REASON YOU AND I ARE IN A CROWD,
AND A BIG FIGHT WAS TO BREAK OUT..... JUST POINT AT WHOMEVER YOU WANT ME TO HIT!
I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE ON THE WRONG END OF WHATEVER YOU ARE SWINGIN'!!!
I'M ON YOUR SIDE. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
:coffee2: :coffee2:
PM

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

WOW! Beth that video was really cool but I don't see any church or buildings nearby. Also this is nowhere near Macho Piccuo is it? Maybe crow can give us some more info.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That video - which of course is on Youtube, is not the complete video that was made.

Have you done any reading on the Wiracocha Project? (also called Viracocha).

If you are interested, there is an association you can join which has some full length videos on what they have found so far, including some really cool pictures (radar imaging).

According to radar images obtained by Pi Rambla, the tunnel links directly to the Temple of the Sun or Korikancha, with the Convent of Santa Catalina or Marcahuasi, with the Cathedral or Temple of Inca Wiracocha, with the palace of Huascar, with the Temple of Manco Capac or Colcampata and with the Huamanmarca.

There is just a whole lot of things going on in Peru. I, personally, find it fascinating. I believe the project started around 2000.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread