Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the years I've read some really interesting books related to Inca treasures in Ecuador/Peru. I thought it might be nice to start a thread where those interested can post books/journals/articles, etc... that are relavent to the subject.

I'll start out with 4 books that I really enjoyed reading...

1) Sweat of the Sun, Tears of the Moon: A Chronicle of an Incan Treasure - author Peter Lourie

2) Valverde's Gold: In Search of the Last Great Incan Treasure - author Mark Honigsbaum

3) Fever, famine, and gold;: The dramatic story of the adventures and discoveries of the Andes-Amazon expedition in the uncharted fastnesses of a lost world in the Llanganatis mountains - author Erik Erskine Loch

4) Buried Gold and Anacondas - author Rolf Blomberg

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5) Inca Gold: A book of multiple real life Inca treasure stories, mainly in Peru and Ecuador.
Author-Jane Dolinger
6) The Treasure Hunter: My favorite treasure hunting book of all time and the reason I got interested in treasure hunting in Ecuador. Several stories of Howard Jennings expeditions.
Authors: Robin Moore and Howard Jennings
7) The Rivers Ran East: The story of a famous explorer and his search for the 7 cities of gold.
Author: Leonard Clark
8: Beyond The Andes: The story of an archaeologist searching for the evolution of man. Lots of awesome info in this book.
Author: Pino Turolla
9) A Claim In The Hills: This book is about a man living with Indians and prospecting for diamonds in Venezuela.
Author: James Wickendon
10) Lost City of Z: A book about the British explorer Percy Faucet and his disappearance searching for the Lost City of gold in Brazil
Author: David Grann

All exceptional books.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: Leonard Clark is an enigma, Is he still alive? He was / is a true explorer. He is the first white man to pass through that country. It is filled with fantastic data, including the 7 ciudades of Cibola..

However occasionally a question on his judgement does come up. he he he,

When he only had 2 clips of ammo for his .45, he shoots several rounds to call the attention of the rain god while in the midst of extremely hostile country..

Hmm are you as tough as Inez was?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HI: Leonard Clark is an enigma, Is he still alive? He was / is a true explorer. He is the first white man to pass through that country. It is filled with fantastic data, including the 7 ciudades of Cibola..

However occasionally a question on his judgement does come up. he he he,

When he only had 2 clips of ammo for his .45, he shoots several rounds to call the attention of the rain god while in the midst of extremely hostile country..

Hmm are you as tough as Inez was?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Hey Don, considering i was punched in the right eye about 30-40 times, strangled, kicked and then dragged over to the nearby cliff and thrown off, survived the fall and then climbed back up the vertical cliff up about 100 feet...i feel i am up there in the toughness department.

And all that, and not only am I still here...but i am heading back lol. The gold in the area is THAT good. I just love the feeling of being free that I have here in Ecuador.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread