Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
The trail continues my friends.

Father Carlos Crespi was a Silesian-monk who lived in Ecuador. He did missionary work among the Indian population in remote valleys during his lifetime. Crespi received or bought many artifacts from the indigenous people in Ecuador.
When questioned, they told him they had found them in subterranean cave systems in the jungles. The age and origin of these items is still unknown today. Father Crespi never tried to classify them. The picture motifs are strange, their meaning not understood. These objects show the pictures of an unknown culture.As time progressed, many of these relics were brought together and kept in the courtyard of the church Maria Auxiliadora. Stan hall interviewed and filmed the priest and treasure posted in a earlier post. Was this real treasure from a lost civilization or a crude attempt of psudo history by person or persons unknown?

Unfortunately, many of the artifacts were destroyed in a fire in 1962 or later when the church was restored. Also, many were lost or wound up with treasure hunters. After Father Crespi passed away in 1982, the remaining artifacts of the original collection were removed and made inaccessible to the public. Some may still be stored in the cellar archive of the church Maria Auxiliadora. There are rumors the collection disappeared overseas. And all manner of conspiracy theories exist. The poor old Vatican nabbed them. Even Fr Crispi was an enigma. There are claims he was Adolf Hitler?

Such as the twisted stories that float around the Tayos legend.

Several questions spring to mind.

Why have the academic set showed very little interest in such a discovery?

Was the collection a fake?

Where they ever actually connected to the Tayos story?

Are they real items from another cave system?

One thing I found years a later... A Swiss researcher took 2 items to Switzerland and tested the metal in a Forensic lab. The items was was made from metal with exact consistency of old Mercedes Benz radiator parts.

Although in fairness that was only two of the items was tested. However For Me sadly there was too many read flags.

The Following item tested in in the picture below.

metal_library_8.jpg

For me I think South America has been seen through eyes of Ego centric Europeans with the belief that the local indigenous population was not capable of developing their own technology with out the aid of ancient Mesopotamian cultures. Such is the desire for that link some will resort to anything to make it happen.

And thus The Tayos legend is one big cloudy Mess of conspiracy theories and where research was don By the Heart and not the head.

Even today the legend will not die..

As of the claims of the radio interview of late 2012 claimed...

To be continued...

Crow

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The items was was made from metal with exact consistency of old Mercedes Benz radiator parts.
I have come across this (almost) exact statement somewhere else - probably around the Superstitions, but I may be wrong.
If I could only remember where and when *sigh* - it's hell getting old ...

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Crow

Thanks for the story .. I hope to see you posting in a weeks or so.

I will post that story I promised you.

Corp

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Corp

Thanks for the post. I hope you have some diamonds for me?:laughing7:

now continuing the story of Tayos, getting back to the last groups discovery? Is it just another false claim for public attention or is there another cave which the gold library was story in? In the region of Tayos there are a number of caves..

The following group may that made these latest claims may be linked to the discovery of the following below?

un50ffe7a7.JPG

DSCN0376.jpg

One thing is for certain the story will attract fortune seekers and all manner of con artists as all legends do. The truth remains to be seen? However perhaps there is great golden library of mankind hidden in the jungles of South America just waiting for those who seek to rediscover her hidden secrets?

Time will tell all, when he is good and ready.

Crow

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From conversations with the unholy trio. One thing you can be assured on is always fascinating yarns on the table. Don Jose is right they should get off the ass and write a book. Spending time with them is an absolute gold mine of information, especially on treasures and lost mines from around the world. They seem to reveal in finding stories hardly anyone has heard of From Timbuktu to where ever.

Thanks once again Crow

Corp

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hollo Crow

The pictures in your post ( #25 ) show about the war between Atlanteans and Athenians . In the first picture , we can see the owl head which is the symbol of Athens above the Atlantian and this means how the Athenians had won .
In the second picture is Atlas who keep in his hands the celestial vault .
The history say how Atlantians were coming from the west of Atlantic Ocean and they had conquered many countries/towns in Mediteranean sea and Mesopotamia . The only country /town which they hadn't conquered was the Athens , which won them .
I post a picture of Atlas from Afganistan which looks like the carving in your picture

atlas_Hadda,%20Afghanistan.jpg

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Markmar coffee:coffee2:

Very enviously while I do hard work researching on my part... While Crow is on a yacht living the life of the rich and shameless some where in the South Pacific grinning from ear to ear :occasion14: And there is no guarantee when he will post next, to type especially when he has a ship full of 20 something hula girls running around him. The old wolf even said he had a spare place in his bunk for me.:laughing7: The cheek of him indeed.

It is an interesting comment you make about the possibility of a connection with the old world. Indeed it may be so but without more deeper clinical research into these locations, the verdict is still open for conjecture.

Sadly this question has been manipulated by scammers who hijacked a very serious question. Stan hall, Crow once told me was in some respects a true believer in the story based on good faith in the stories of others. And paid a large personal price with his credibility. However one thing Crow agreed with Stan was that the subject in question has never had serious professional research into it.

Crow told me one about being a gringo in south America the locals will tell ya anything you want to hear providing there is buck in it for them.

The following article by John Smith of (Pensacola,Fl)

A series of letters was published, to Stan Grist. To which he gives to his credit gives a fair assessment of the story.

Stan Grist, I know you have been busy but you promised to put an end to the mystery back in 2007 with revelations in your words "heads will roll and facts will be revealed". Well, will this info ever be disclosed or did I simply miss it. I have written several times in the last couple of years and have yet to elicit a response. Please Help. Yours In Quest >:^) John Smith

Stan's response: Unfortunately, I don't yet have the time to do this subject justice. However, you deserve some sort of response as your patience with me has been outstanding :-)

It was largely Gold of the Gods that brought me to Ecuador so many years ago. Obviously, I have discovered some sort of treasure in Ecuador as I have now been here for nearly 25 years.

A fair share of time during those years has been spent in an in-depth investigation of the Metallic Library and the Tayos Cave. Nobody wanted this story to be true more than I. Unfortunately, by the time I got right down to the final root of the entire story, I discovered that it was a total lie that was promoted by various people over the years, each with their own agenda.

The whole story started with Petronio Jaramillo. He originally created the story as a fictional novel. His former wife was the scribe for his dictations. I interviewed her on video a few years ago and she recounted the entire "made-up", fictional, experience.

But at some point, Jaramillo discovered he might turn a financial profit by converting the story into fact. In the process, he tried to fool Pino Turolla (Beyond the Andes) into believing the story and buying it. Pino was not fooled. Read about it in his wonderful book.

Juan Moricz then stole the story from Jaramillo and promoted it as his own unique discovery. Juan continued to make even more fantastic claims about contacts with intra-terrestrials and more. Juan conducted several expeditions within the cave, however none of the expedition participants ever saw anything special. I interviewed most of them on video too.

Juan used his notorious discovery as a way to promote his gold mining ventures all around southern Ecuador. While Juan was a true scholar and amazing investigator, he completely lied about the Metallic Library.

Then Eric von Daniken got his piece of the pie with his book, Gold of the Gods. Eric profited more than anyone from the story. However, there was basically not one shred of truth in the entire book. I challenge him to prove me wrong. I still possess all of the evidence and all of the details of my entire investigation.

The late Stan Hall showed up in 1976 and organized a multi-million dollar British/Ecuadorian expedition into the cave for many weeks. He even convinced Neil Armstrong to participate! My thorough investigations produced no evidence at all that anything was discovered connected to an ancient advanced civilization.

Stan Hall couldn't seem to let go of the subject after his failed expedition. Jaramillo had completely sucked him in too. Hall went on to write a ridiculous book, Tayos Gold, that basically makes no sense. In the book, he claimed that the "real" Tayos Cave is actually on the Pastaza River. The cave is real; I fully explored the whole thing. It contained absolutely nothing.

A professional Japanese expedition penetrated the Tayos Cave further than anyone else in history. They reached a point nearly 20 kilometers from the entrance. I have some of their video footage in my collection. Once again, no evidence of an ancient advanced civilization.

Next, you have wannabe explorers, reporters and copy cat authors who have written and retold what they have heard or read, never having done the slightest original investigation of their own. Philip Coppens comes to mind as a perfect example of this. There are many more.

There is so much more to this story. I hope to reveal it all one of these days. I apologize for only giving you the short version John.

Once again, thanks for your patience!

Food for thought. If even Stan Grist could not squeeze any financial benefit from the story then the story of Tayos? then is what it is...be a scam from day one.

And the latest alleged discoveries claimed we should view the claims with a grain of salt. The balls in their court to provide the latest proof.

Sadly this as the late Stan Hall later said later in life the events of Tayos affair reflects away from the original serious question which remains unanswered.

Corp.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Corp

Ok , coffee for beginning . :wink:

IMO , I believe how the pictures have relation with two ancient civilizations . We can call them advanced civilizations from theirs skills but not from something supernatural . In that era anything grand did Mother Nature , they believed how did it the Gods . Their skills were advanced in comparison with other folks and nothing more . Of course , together with the Greeks and the Atlanteans , the Egyptians and the Mesopotamians were very skilled folks .
From the history we know how the story of the war of the Atlanteans in the Mediteranean countries and Mesopotamia , was written in papyruses which were kept in Egyipt by chaplains .
Now , my opinion about the Metal Library in Tayos or elsewhere is . For the descriptions of those who claimed how have found a tomb with many metalic tablets written maybe in ancient hieroglyphic and some precious metals and jewels , I believe is a Egyptian tomb . If this tablets , were his personal objects , I believe how the buried person was one of the Egyptian chaplains who had in his possesion the Atlantean story and he had copy the story in metal for better conservation .
I don't know if all these will be proved one day . My opinion was realised from what I saw and what I have read in this thread . Your opinions will be respected too .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose

I believe how the Atlantis was closer to Gulf of Mexico if not in Mexico . One version of the story says how the Atlanteans were Greeks too , and the war was like a civil war . Only hypotheses we can do , but why did they have a Poseidon temple ? Poseidon is an ancient Greek God of sea . His symbol is the trident .
Maybe the truth is written on the Egyptian papyruses or on the Metal Library . Who knows ?
Now about the chronology of the Atlantis , in that era the Egyptians added one Zero ( 0 ) more at the end of a date .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose

I believe how the Atlantis was closer to Gulf of Mexico if not in Mexico . One version of the story says how the Atlanteans were Greeks too , and the war was like a civil war . Only hypotheses we can do , but why did they have a Poseidon temple ? Poseidon is an ancient Greek God of sea . His symbol is the trident .
Maybe the truth is written on the Egyptian papyruses or on the Metal Library . Who knows ?
Now about the chronology of the Atlantis , in that era the Egyptians added one Zero ( 0 ) more at the end of a date .

Marius,

There is said to be close mixture of Greek and Egyptian gods. The Egyptians gave different names to the Greek gods and adopted them as there own, or melded them with their own gods.

Look up the Ugaritic god Yamm or Yam.

Good luck,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Marius We have already found Atlantis. Go to http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-legends/78764-atlantis-3.html

Post no, 52.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Have to respectfully disagree with the site you have chosen amigo, and am not willing to say the location of Atlantis at the time being. Agree with you in part however.

Also agree with Cactusjumper, the Greeks and Egyptians (and Phoenicians, Romans, Etruscans) had many of the same gods/goddesses, except that the Egyptians had hundreds of them while the others usually had a dozen or so. It was common practice in the ancient world among the civilized peoples to attempt to co-identify with the religious beliefs/gods of other civilized peoples, and it is also a distinct possibility that some of the 'gods' were based on early Bronze Age heros/princes whom were deified after their deaths.

Please do continue,
Oroblanco

:coffee2::coffee: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanca de Tayopa: And just why not? Fits every basic description, location, form, distance, reason for demise. etc.
Want some coffee?
the Azores are the southern extension of this Island nation, no continent..
Cream ?
What do you actually find to disagree with??
Sugar??
Simple glacier and Ice cap depletion did add to the finish, but lt couldn't explain it's complete destruction in a matter of some 48 hrs. This location explains it perfectly.

Don Jose de La Mancha

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe and Roy

I don't know if the temple in Atlantis was dedicated to Poseidon , Neptun , Yam or Chalchiuhtlicue . For sure Atlas was Atlantean and the owl symbol of the ancient Athens . Maybe the author of the carvings wanted to mark the place where exist /existed the Library of the Atlantis story . This story is something like Iliad . Don't forget how in the beginning the Iliad was only a myth but after have discovered the Troy and the tomb of king Agamemnon .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe and Roy

I don't know if the temple in Atlantis was dedicated to Poseidon , Neptun , Yam or Chalchiuhtlicue . For sure Atlas was Atlantean and the owl symbol of the ancient Athens . Maybe the author of the carvings wanted to mark the place where exist /existed the Library of the Atlantis story . This story is something like Iliad . Don't forget how in the beginning the Iliad was only a myth but after have discovered the Troy and the tomb of king Agamemnon .

Marius,

Big difference between the story of Troy and Atlantis. IMHO, the story of Troy was, for the most part, feasible for its era. The legend of Atlantis is not.

As for the "metal library", I believe I would hold off for awhile before taking that story to the bank.:dontknow:

Just one man's "informed" opinion.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread