Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello the following story came out late July 2013.

I am a little skeptical as I have heard all these claims before. I had a good friend who was involved in the story in the 1970s and 1980s called Stan Hall. His Daughter still continues her fathers research as I was saddened to learn he had passed away a few years ago.

In what maybe one of the biggest discoveries ever, a team of explorers is claiming that they have found the legendary golden library and other mysterious treasures in the Tayos Cave system in Ecuador.

The team announced that they accidentally found some hidden tunnels that were obviously dug out artificially sometime in the ancient past while inside one of the main chambers. The team was able to follow one of these tunnels for approximately ½ mile and came upon a large room containing the golden library and various other treasures. Below is a list of what the explorers claim to have found in this chamber:

1. A library with thousands of metal books. The team was unable to specify what metal the books were made of but the look was similar to silver. Each page had symbols and strange writing on them.
2. Individual plates with writing on them and strange symbols that looked to be made of gold.
3. At least several hundred statues of insects, animals and humans spread throughout the large chamber.
4. Lots of metal bars thought to be both gold and/or silver. Also found were various children’s toys and jewelry items made from gold or silver.
5. One large sarcophagus containing one human skeleton decorated with jewels and golden jewelry.
6. The team also found at least three doors that could be more tombs but were sealed completely shut.

As of right now, the team has only announced their findings onto a radio show and no other announcements have been made so the jury is still out as too whether their claims are completely true.
The team did claim to have samples of at least one of the metal books, one golden plate and several small statues that they will be submitting to professional testing so hopefully this will give us answers shortly.

The history of this alleged discovery and legend is haunted by shady characters pursuing their own agendas which some how taints possible one of the most important archeological finds in history. If it is of course real. South America stimulates the census and imaginations where anything can become possible. And it is happy hunting ground for local con artist who prey on dumb gringos caught up in the romance of treasure hunting.

However Like all treasure legends still interesting all the same.

Crow

Last edited:

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crow , sick of bobbing around the Pacific in that old wooden tub :happysmiley: . Seriously IF this Library find pans out to be genuine WOW what a find , we can only hope it is true , imagine what amazing stories can be discovered .. cheers Mick

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Mick my friend some times its good to escape.

Having to share a cabins below decks with 10 young women aged between 18 and 27 one quickly learns diplomacy. Being the only available man on this old tub has made this old fart the subject of attention. So you imagine the frustrating building in them after two months at sea. i swear I am going to be violated.:laughing7: I have a Girl friend already insanely jealous of the girls and Kancka's wife ready to dob me in for any hanky panky Some times its good to flee to the chart room. I know I am going to get in trouble before long so I am not holding my breathe. If poor Don Jose had seen what I have been seeing every day his binoculars would be smoldering.:laughing7:

In regards to this Tayos story I would hold my breathe with this one either.

However I posted this yarn to show how a story can be manipulated all out of proportion from the real story. there is fundamental need to for people to discover some thing big and when they can,t they resort to delusion at all costs regardless of Pseudo History they are believing. Do I think scientist and historians have our history all right? Of Course not. But I do believe that you have carefully go where the evidence takes you and not where the heart wants to go. Sadly a lot of treasure legends end up down this road with everyone adding to the mire for their 5 minutes of fame.

I really had a lot of time for Stan hall as he really was the Mr nice Guy. However Stan hall spent the rest of his life as true believer in this story. He was leader of an expedition to the Tayos cave in 1976. Personally I think he was manipulated by various individuals with their own agendas with the idea of of publishing their own pseudo ideology in contrary to the evidence in front of them to sell books. Just Like Eric Von Danikan had Done in his book Gold of the Gods. Neil Armstrong came along on the 1976 expedition. He was the big ticket item to get press attention for Tayos cave metal library saga. The fact is in 1976 there was was no evidence found in the caves of Tayos that any metal library was ever there. Even by then scammers and con artists, all self seeking delusional conspiracy theorists came onto the scene and Jumped onto the bandwagon.. Neil Armstrong was smart enough to quietly quit the scene realizing his presence added some sort of scientific weight to the absurd claims that was being made at the time.

Here is a Photograph of Neil Armstrong and Stan hall on the right in 1976. This Picture was from Stan's daughter now living in Scotland.

dad & neil.jpg

Some where my friends there is story behind the legends. But Some times South America inspires Gringos to be open to be exploited by those willing to supply that romantic dream.

Crow

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nay h...

And to think Another 4 months of this....:laughing7:

Tahiti French Polynesia. Samoa Pago Pago, Western Samoa Apia, Cook islands Vanuatu, new Caledonia Or some thing like that.

Crow

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow i think you are having way way too much fun . :happysmiley: . Hell i'm jealous . As far as the Tayos cave library only real evidence will prove whether its fact or fiction . Mention Treasure or Gold and it tends to cloud many a man's judgement .. Cheers Mick

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yer covering my ole stomping grounds, but not with a bevy of lovely frustrated gals, but a bunch of hairy, equally frustrated jarheads or swabbies. How ever my trip out only took 3 -4 weeks.

Incidentally, I was fascinated to see the outhouses at the ends of small piers dumping their err wastes directly into the harbor at Pago Pago in those days.

Don 'Frustrated' Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Remember, "Be firm", :icon_scratch: on second thought that doesn't look just right.:dontknow: referring to keeping order.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Jose

I hope those have changed... yet there are some places still like that in Melanesia. I will post more but the sun has done my head in today.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Here is an interesting interview with Eileen Hall,Stan halls daughter about Tayos caves and gives a lot of history behind the story and characters involved.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Here is Film by Stan hall around 1975. You will notice the items shown was some of items in his Von Danikan's book

Crow

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having to share a cabins below decks with 10 young women aged between 18 and 27 one quickly learns diplomacy. Being the only available man on this old tub has made this old fart the subject of attention.

Sounds like you're on board the 2013 version of "The Love Boat" :) Have fun and be safe!

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Cubanfan you be pleased to know some nick names we have for the "Drumbeat"...when get have problems sailing her we call her the "Deadbeat"

Or when we think of her as the Loveboat we call her the "Love Tub." I think Army of 1 would be proud of the last name.

Cheers.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Here is a black and white photograph from Stan Halls 1976 expedition. of the lower chamber while they are lowered down into from a hole in the ceiling.

J.JPG

If you look you can see a person in the bottom of the picture.

Daniken used the following Photographs in his book Gold of the Gods.

La Radio Liberada - La Cueva de los Tayos.jpg

I remember reading avidly hanging off his every word in awe years ago as the truth. later in life I learned how he manipulated his observations. The cave as he described in his book was strait edges machine cut and no chisel markings perhaps cut with precision with a laser. The truth of the matter Tayos was a wonderful marvel of Nature. Not the Strange labyrinthine of some ancient culture. In his first book he raised some valid and ground breaking questions in Chariots of the Gods. However Perhaps under pressure to follow up book of his ground breaking questions he allowed himself to get carried away on the idea of his concept, thus creating controversy that has plagued him to this day. Seriously undermining his credibility.

To be con...

crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
hello All

Even more compelling is in around 1990 there was another expedition to Tayos access was granted through shuir tribe. The cave System is a large cave complex

Here is pictures of the expedition. A memory lane for some of us and enjoyable adventure through pictures for others. The location of caves are in the Eastern range of Andes with river cutting down through jungle clad mountains to Amazon basin.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_03 p.jpg

The easiest form of travel is via canoe.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_04 aa.jpg

The expedition landed a set bend in the river between high hill all around.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_04 p.jpg

The Journey turns off through a tortuous walk over boulder up a fairy dry stream bead that feeds into the river.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_05 aa.jpg

The journey to the site ends a small clearing in the Jungle.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_05 a.jpg

This is where the problem starts as entry is not easy....

To be continued...

Crow

Attachments

• la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_03 p.png
    la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_03 p.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Continuing the yarn

In the last picture of the last post you can see two wooden poles. They are over a very deep sinkhole. Entry to the Tayopa underworld is via ropes and climbing equipment. One is lowered into the deep underground deep below.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_06 a.jpg

The floor of the cave is covered with rubble and debris including guano from bat dropping. In essence a natural cave. not the mysterious machine cut underworld Daniken portrayed in his book.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_09 a.jpg

The Locals still enact tribal customs of pleasing the guardians of the underworld.

Puerta_geometrica_-_Cueva_de_los_Tayos.JPG

As you can see in the picture above. It is identical the one of pictures in Danikens book Gold of the Gods.

la-cueva-de-los-tayos_page_09aa.jpg

And of course this was the locations of Danikan's iconic photograph of machine cut tunnels. In truth they are natural as the rock is breaking up inside the cave in block fashion. Sadly not cut with Alien laser to precession.

imagen-100b.jpg

The tunnel are not underground subways of some mysterious race, just a natural large cavern complex which is indeed a natural treasure in itself.

p1030417.jpg

The question remains was there ant truth behind the legend to start with? How much was true of the original discoverer mentioned by Elieen Hall? And what of the alleged Father Crispi treasures? An astounding discovery to change history or a crude fake no longer able to fraud since the onset of Forensic archeology?

To be continued....

Crow

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow plueeeeeze - I am ever so eagerly waiting for your next post.
Now - if that takes some time in coming, it is quite understandable with all the efforts you have to put in in order to keep your crew happy - just green with envy here :-(

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow plueeeeeze - I am ever so eagerly waiting for your next post.
Now - if that takes some time in coming, it is quite understandable with all the efforts you have to put in in order to keep your crew happy - just green with envy here :-(

Agreed - looking forward to more photos and story...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

It is my pleasure that you enjoyed it.

Today the world changing and getting smaller every day.

Tourists are and have been visiting the caves as late. So there is no big mystery and most chambers have been mapped.

Here is a map of the chambers..

kk500cff19.JPG

There of course still questions to be asked and answers to be answered.

to be continued...

Crow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread