The Tale of two Brothers lost map of Corrigadors treasure.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc it was the Mexican hammock in the forecastle with the rigging and riding a choppy sea of the Drumbeat that did the trick. Other than that Kanacki can keep the creaky old love tub. YA have work too hard in her. The next time I visit SA it will be in a little charter boat in the spa with my better half and a cocktail. With my little pirate in tow.

492brochure1.jpg

492brochure6.jpg

492brochure13.jpg

492brochure16.jpg

492brochure12.jpg

492brochure10.jpg

Cheers....

Crow

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
SA awaits you mi amigo…….

My problem amigio is like the rest of the trio I am totally awash with opportunities. Yet the old body is telling me to slow down.

All business we have interests in is thumping along nicely.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello CC

Possible but hard to prove. For the me there is too many gaps to make conclusive evidence. Perhaps more research in Ecuador with bring some thing to light?

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
CC El

Oro province there are about 10000 independent miners barely scraping an existence. In fact most are living well below the poverty line for a lot of back braking work..

There was some big mining projects lined up for province. While alluvial mining has progress unabated for the last 500 plus years. Returns from Alluvial is getting less and less. Most of the Gold is inside host rock. Where the modern method of mining is mine hundreds of thousands of tones of rock and crushing concentrating base metal and gold is extracted through various processes. This is highly capital intensive. This also requires a lot of land for mining processing and water treatment of such ores. This also puts any big mining directly in conflict with small miners as they effectively become pushed out of Areas.

After drilling on behalf of a Canadian company years ago the results was productive enough providing the price of gold maintained at a high level. However of last year or year before as prices of gold fell, the project failed to go ahead due to various reasons. The Canadains saw to make a profit some one has to lose. The Ecuadorian government courted a Chinese company with plans to go ahead. There will be two losers from the project as the Chinese will have to cut corners. One the environment and employees of mine as the Chinese will exploit the locals to almost slave like working conditions the make the mine work profitable. Out of 10000 independant miners they will most likly only employ maybe a couple of hundred on wages a little better than what they were doing. However this will be at the expense of the others.

Treasure my friend can be gained in various ways. For example in the Australian, Alaskan and Californian gold rushes more fortunes was made by people supplying products and servies to miners. Such is opportunities existing in Ecuador no doubt either in tourism or other farming oportunities through hard work and dedication.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow, as you point out, there are many opportunities to be made here……..Ecuador and SA in general are growing, moving upward, the exact opposite of say, the former America…….like anyplace, to succeed here, you need to understand the markets, players and dangers……..this is not something you pick up on a month visit………
Come and explore, experience this beautiful country…….and once you spend some time here, considering opportunities, then move forward.
Vaya con Dios

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Doc

You know what I found a very disturbing on my visit to the US of late? I saw more people begging and living rough in the US than I did of all of South America? That said most people treated me exceptionally well. I think the future for most people is to re-invent and rewire themselves with their thinking on the fact there is big world of opportunities in the world outside if you know where to look. For life of me I could never under stand why so few Americans have explotied oportunities in Australia or elsewhere? The oportunities is less these days as the mining boom is over. That said Most of Australia is like a certain degree like California.We speak the same language except a little different slang. The one ones that did 10 years or so ago, many have done rather well for themselves.

Don't get wrong either we have just as many problems as any other country but on much smaller scale.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias Senor Crow…….many opportunities are out there……..and yet it seems true that most people fear the unknown, reject change until it is forced upon them…..
Sad to hear about the increased number begging and living rough, and yet it seems this can only get worse for many reasons………
Vaya con Dios, viva Christo Rey

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Kanacki,,

I use Mr. due to the respect I have and was raised with in my youth. And as well of your the ways I have read of your dealings with others.
I am very curious as to a certain place in your back yard by the name of Nan Madol.

The monolithic basalt columns used to build this incredible array of buildings and water-works, breakwaters etc. Have you been to this place? And if so,,, what is your opinion on it?
Honestly I would be in heaven to visit and do some reconnoitering of the site. But this alas is one place I surely won't have a chance to behold. So anything that you could share on this would be great,,, I have found very little on the place and what I do find is all regurgitated information.

Thank you so much,,, I thoroughly enjoy reading your and the other old heads here tales of times past.

Hit/Fred

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr Kanacki,,

I use Mr. due to the respect I have and was raised with in my youth. And as well of your the ways I have read of your dealings with others.
I am very curious as to a certain place in your back yard by the name of Nan Madol.

The monolithic basalt columns used to build this incredible array of buildings and water-works, breakwaters etc. Have you been to this place? And if so,,, what is your opinion on it?
Honestly I would be in heaven to visit and do some reconnoitering of the site. But this alas is one place I surely won't have a chance to behold. So anything that you could share on this would be great,,, I have found very little on the place and what I do find is all regurgitated information.

Thank you so much,,, I thoroughly enjoy reading your and the other old heads here tales of times past.

Hit/Fred

I am sure Kanacki would appreiate your comments. However he is unable to reply at this point in time. As he is at sea in his Brig "Drumbeat" delivering urgently needed supplies to the small outer island to Vanuatu. Kanacki is a weather witch, He is pretty accurate when it comes to weather. He knew well before a super cell was forming before cyclone Pam had formed. before he left my island in the Coral sea where Cyclone Nathan was forming It was sucking the engery to wards the much bigger Cyclone Pam. He timed his Voyage to a T, actually caught the back end of it. It put him right on the sport just after the Cyclone struck. Comes from 30 odd years of sailing those seas. He knows the islands and the people well.

In regards to Nan Madol I know a little but Kanacki is more of an expert on the topic.

Crow

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure Kanacki would appreiate your comments. However he is unable to reply at this point in time. As he is at sea in his Brig "Drumbeat" delivering urgently needed supplies to the small outer island to Vanuatu. Kanacki is a weather witch, He is pretty accurate when it comes to weather. He knew well before a super cell was forming before cyclone Pam had formed. before he left my island in the Coral sea where Cyclone Nathan was forming It was sucking the engery to wards the much bigger Cyclone Pam. He timed his Voyage to a T, actually caught the back end of it. It put him right on the sport just after the Cyclone struck. Comes from 30 odd years of sailing those seas. He knows the islands and the people well.

In regards to Nan Madol I know a little but Kanacki is more of an expert on the topic.

Crow
=========================================
Thanks Crow,,,
The reason I asked about this place is just the oddity of the constructions not to mention the small population that purportedly built it all.
Oh I am pretty sure that there is something there you could classify as "treasure" but everyones definition is different. It is a place I would love to visit and really explore,,I would surely be looking for any carvings, anything that may shed light on the mysterious builders. Oh well,,, back to trying to find more on the place.
Again,, thank you for your reply and I hope all goes well with Kanacki's helping those remote people.
A little kindness goes a very long way

Hit/Fred

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Hitndahed

There has been some research at the site earliest Radio carbon dating discovered was between1180 and 1430. Artifact include peal shell round and retanglar beads made o0f shell, Adzes of Polished tridacna shell needles, pounding stones for breadfruit, Bassalt knifes, and stone fish hooks. Largest stone in complex is five tons. Some walls a 30 foot. The site was contaminated by later occupation by white beach combers, deserter and convicts that escaped Australia and deserters from Whalers some was engaging in Piracy with one of the 5 tribes on the island who themselves was a war with one another. It was because of this many white men in early days was highly prized by the local chiefs especially black smith and carpenters.

Time ran out for them my the mid 1860's 1870 when many were murdered by the then fed up natives. Others sailed of when ships came in. Amazing site if ya get to visit.

Its late and old crow must roost. Good night.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Hitndahed here is map of Nan Madol

nan madol map.jpg

In answer to your question the site developed over time and the population was much higher than it is today. However that said the task of construction was amazing but doable even with a small population.

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Crow

You forget there are other sites in Micronesia that have similar construction.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Kanacki,,

Hit/Fred

Hola Hitdahed

I am flattered. The place you mention I know the place very well. Dived off there on numerous occasions. There is as far as I know, no known carvings associated with this site or either the other site Lelu on Korsae. Pohnpeians generally treat the site more as taboo although the younger generation are losing their cultural ties and traditions as such. The site was according to local legend and lore. There is several versions of legend in regards to this site. The site was associated through oral history dating back to The Saudeleur dynasty was the first organized government uniting the people of Pohnpei island, ruling from around 1100 to around 1628. No clear dating exists other than a crude estimate of dates.

One thing I do know the site was used by various beach combers a little short of being pirates used the ruins for an enclave in 19th century. Several beach de mer ships, and whalers, as well as sandalwood traders came to grief with these men and small army of natives plundering vessels and massacring the crews. This ever coming and going group of pirates moved through several islands of Micronesia until they wore out there welcome and was eventually massacred. There is an island far to the south of Micronesia as Don Jose had a sniff of that treasure, that houses a collective fortune of plunder over several decades between 1820s, to the 1870's.

That treasure is hidden in a cave behind a waterfall. However The local natives of the mystery island in question are not very responsive to outsiders as yet exploring their island. Yet that may change in future.

On this I can guarantee you will if you ever get the chance to visit, revel in the mystery of the site.

Kanacki

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Kanacki-
What is the name of the island that you speak of with the treasure behind the waterfall? For the record, should this happen to be a story/hunt that you are planning on pursuing in the future, I apologize for such a bold question. My intentions aren't to seek it out myself (not that simply saying that means much nowadays, unfortunately). I just enjoy the history behind these stories and love doing my own "armchair research"! Thank you in advance.

Either way, let me say "thank you" for all that you did in helping those who needed it after the typhoon hit the islands. Sitting here in Michigan, none of it directly affected me, however, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and be emotionally affected by seeing people's lives destroyed and others, such as yourself, going out of their way to contribute to the survival & rebuilding of the affected communities. I will most likely never meet you, but if somehow our paths do cross one day, just know that you've got a beer on me coming your way (ok, ok...maybe it'll be closer to a FEW beers)! Cheers to you!

All the best-
J.A.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread