Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    us
    Oct 2007
    Somewhere in Michiana
    XP Deus for now Tesoro Tiger Shark
    763
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Post your winter research tools and tips

    So now that the cold weather has finally set in, what do you do through the winter months to prepare for next year?

    I pillage Ebay for local postcards and other areas where we hunt to get a better idea of how the buildings were situated 50 to 100 years ago.

    I also go to the local privately owned museum to findout out more as far as the lay of the land.

    Post your winter tools and tips

    Merry Christmas to all as well

  2. #2
    us
    Apr 2009
    Elkhart, IN.
    Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
    137
    1 times

    Re: Post your winter tools and tips

    Which museum are you talking about?
    Don

  3. #3
    us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
    2,133
    506 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Post your winter tools and tips

    Here in Austin it was 80 degrees today,winter postpone till next year.

  4. #4

    Mar 2006
    Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
    ETRAC BABY
    755
    24 times

    Re: Post your winter tools and tips

    DJH, When I was up there I hunted all most year round. Hunting in the woods is an option as they usually dont freeze deep due to the leaf cover. I also spent time at the casino when the snow was too deep or it was just too damn cold. I usually wouldnt hunt if it was below 20 or so. BTW got to do some hunting in Louisiana recently and got a wheatie and a silver rosie. Hunted closer to home and only got some clad but it was nice to get out. TMAN...

  5. #5
    us
    Oct 2007
    Somewhere in Michiana
    XP Deus for now Tesoro Tiger Shark
    763
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Post your winter tools and tips

    [quote=smasher ]
    Which museum are you talking about?
    [/quoteThe Elkhart Time Was Museum. Run privately by Paul Thomas on Main Street across from the McD's. If you go you need to call ahead and make sure he is going to be there, as he is a busy man and his hours at the museum are very limited.

    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Guy
    Here in Austin it was 80 degrees today,winter postpone till next year.
    PG,
    You're just mean throwing that 80 degree word around in this frozen topic

    Quote Originally Posted by tmanfromtexas
    DJH, When I was up there I hunted all most year round. Hunting in the woods is an option as they usually dont freeze deep due to the leaf cover. I also spent time at the casino when the snow was too deep or it was just too damn cold. I usually wouldnt hunt if it was below 20 or so. BTW got to do some hunting in Louisiana recently and got a wheatie and a silver rosie. Hunted closer to home and only got some clad but it was nice to get out. TMAN...
    Tman,
    Gald to see you pop up here. How you doing?
    Man it's just to cold to get these bones outside. I'm talking about 20 degree weather here in Michiana Land.

    I should rephrase my topic title to post your winter research tips and tools.

    Hope everyone has a enjoyable holiday season and hope to see you all soon.
    DJH

  6. #6
    us
    Mar 2008
    Indiana
    Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
    335
    5 times

    Re: Post your winter research tools and tips

    I dig out the flame thrower and hunt spots I id'd during the summer,y'know old corn field sites and such!...of course Im kidding but its my b-day and Ive been drinking!

  7. #7
    us
    Oct 2007
    Somewhere in Michiana
    XP Deus for now Tesoro Tiger Shark
    763
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Post your winter research tools and tips

    Quote Originally Posted by jersey devl
    I dig out the flame thrower and hunt spots I id'd during the summer,y'know old corn field sites and such!...of course Im kidding but its my b-day and Ive been drinking!

    What a funny man.

    Happy B-Day Jersey Devl

    No more drinking and typing for you

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0