Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New guy in Southern Indiana

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Feb 2012
    God's Country
    Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
    360
    192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    New guy in Southern Indiana

    Have been interested in metal detecting for some time, but never pursued it due to lack of time. With being a collector of antiques and interesting old stuff, loving the outdoors, and enjoying the "thrill of the hunt"; it was only a matter of time until I got involved with this hobby.
    Last edited by Jeremy S; Dec 09, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

  2. #2
    us
    Jul 2006
    Shelbyville, Tn.
    1,374
    47 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: New guy in Southern Indiana

    welcome
    Garrett "Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

  3. #3
    us
    Dec 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Fisher F2 & White's XLT Spectrum E-Series
    22
    Metal Detecting

    Re: New guy in Southern Indiana

    Welcome, I'm new also and in the Jeffersonville area. Let me know if you want to hunt!

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

    Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    4,645
    1819 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    No metal detecting allowed in New Albany or Floyd county parks.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

  5. #5
    us
    Feb 2012
    God's Country
    Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
    360
    192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Just read this about Floyd County, bummer http://www.floydcounty.in.gov/ordina...02003-VIII.pdf

    I was detecting in Corydon over the weekend with a friend when I was approached by a groundskeeper. He informed us that they are discussing banning metal detecting as well after some individuals have recently been digging holes and leaving them open, leaving garbage, and generally making a bad mess when they detect. He also said that the last time he approached a guy while detecting, the guy was real mouthy and the police had to be called to get rid of him. I was allowed to detect, but was warned to not leave a mess or any holes. Perhaps showing him the bag of trash that we had picked up and the fact that we did not leave any holes convinced him to let us stay.

    Seems the idiots and jerks are going to ruin the hobby for the rest of us by burning our bridges with these parks.
    Last edited by Jeremy S; May 01, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

  6. #6
    us
    Jarhead

    Feb 2013
    Laconia, IN
    ● Garrett GTI 2500 ● Garrett AT Pro ● Garrett Propointer ● Lesche Digging Tool ● The Piranha - Model 35 ● 18" Mini-Sampson ● Pro-Swing 45 Detecting Harness
    211
    74 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's somewhat typical of Floyd county. Can you guess who drafted that ordinance? New Albany allows adult bookstores across from churches, ugly billboards all over the county, and they worry about detectors in their parks. A better approach would have been to cite anyone found to be damaging the grounds.

    Grew up in Floyd County, but live in Harrison County now.
    JW
    CWO2 USMC Retired
    Laconia IN
    ___________________


  7. #7
    us
    Feb 2013
    SW Indiana
    Garrett GTP 1350
    1,010
    905 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S View Post
    Have been interested in metal detecting for some time, but never pursued it due to lack of time. With being a collector of antiques and interesting old stuff, loving the outdoors, and enjoying the "thrill of the hunt"; it was only a matter of time until I got involved with this hobby.

    My new toys should be arriving this week; A Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer, and Garrett Master Sound headphones.

    I'm located in the Georgetown area, but am originally from Corydon. Am really looking forward to this spring!
    Hey, JS...I am also new from So. Indiana, I'm near New Harmony on the Wabash River, I've been a Garrett user since '84, I just bought a GTP 1350 and love it, I have heard lots of good things about the ace series! Is there anything left from the Civil War action that occurred in Corydon?

  8. #8
    us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT300 D2, 950, 6X10 DD, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    1,582
    179 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Its a national historic site I believe which is off limits for detecting. HH
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkShopFiddler View Post
    Hey, JS...I am also new from So. Indiana, I'm near New Harmony on the Wabash River, I've been a Garrett user since '84, I just bought a GTP 1350 and love it, I have heard lots of good things about the ace series! Is there anything left from the Civil War action that occurred in Corydon?

  9. #9
    us
    Sep 2013
    new salisbury
    whites coinmaster pro and whites dfx spectrum e
    5
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    im from new salisbury maybe we can hook up and go on a hunt

  10. #10
    us
    Jarhead

    Feb 2013
    Laconia, IN
    ● Garrett GTI 2500 ● Garrett AT Pro ● Garrett Propointer ● Lesche Digging Tool ● The Piranha - Model 35 ● 18" Mini-Sampson ● Pro-Swing 45 Detecting Harness
    211
    74 times
    Metal Detecting
    Several of us in southern Indiana! From Laconia here.
    JW
    CWO2 USMC Retired
    Laconia IN
    ___________________


  11. #11
    us
    Hoosier

    Apr 2013
    North Central Indiana
    Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3 Whites 6000/DI Pro SL Garrett AT Pro
    220
    71 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by markkeele View Post
    im from new salisbury maybe we can hook up and go on a hunt
    markkeele,
    Welcome to the forum. It's great you took a few minutes to register. I wish all the guest would take the time. It's been a few months since the other guys posted on this thread so you may want to private message them your request to get together for a hunt.

    I also have a Coinmaster pro detector. Do you like your dfx? How does it compare to the Coinmaster pro? I know someone on the forum here thinking of buying one.

    Now that your a member you have an option to Like any post you find interesting or helpful. Even if you dont post a reply it's nice to let the posters know you appreciate the time they spent posting. Good Hunting...........GRiley

  12. #12
    us
    Sep 2013
    new salisbury
    whites coinmaster pro and whites dfx spectrum e
    5
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    the dfx is far and above a better machine than the pro but that being said i use the pro alot more due to the fact that it more user friendly right out of the box. but the dfx is a little better at finding nickels than the pro is
    today is tomorrow yesterday

  13. #13
    us
    Feb 2012
    God's Country
    Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
    360
    192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hi Mark,

    I find a lot of nickles because I think other people discriminate them out. Nickles are usually a solid 52 on my machine. Can tabs cab be tricky as they are usually a good repeatable signal anywhere in the 49-55 range. I've also found gold rings in that range. My hunting has been down to just a few days a week since its been hot and the ground is like concrete in some places. I mostly hunt across the river in KY though.
    markkeele likes this.

  14. #14
    us
    Hoosier

    Apr 2013
    North Central Indiana
    Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3 Whites 6000/DI Pro SL Garrett AT Pro
    220
    71 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hoosierguy and any others near Harrison County Indiana may find this Link interesting. It would be fantastic to find a piece of this. Also the site has great info on the history of Harrison County and it's townships. You may find some good leads for detecting.

    Harrison County, Indiana Meteorites
    markkeele likes this.

  15. #15
    us
    Hoosier

    Apr 2013
    North Central Indiana
    Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3 Whites 6000/DI Pro SL Garrett AT Pro
    220
    71 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S View Post
    Just read this about Floyd County, bummer http://www.floydcounty.in.gov/ordina...02003-VIII.pdf

    I was detecting in Corydon over the weekend with a friend when I was approached by a groundskeeper. He informed us that they are discussing banning metal detecting as well after some individuals have recently been digging holes and leaving them open, leaving garbage, and generally making a bad mess when they detect. He also said that the last time he approached a guy while detecting, the guy was real mouthy and the police had to be called to get rid of him. I was allowed to detect, but was warned to not leave a mess or any holes. Perhaps showing him the bag of trash that we had picked up and the fact that we did not leave any holes convinced him to let us stay.

    Seems the idiots and jerks are going to ruin the hobby for the rest of us by burning our bridges with these parks.
    anyone using the parks for anything

    I read those rules from the link and it sounds like they have banned anyone using the parks for anything. No using minnows to fish........Geez I would be embarrassed to have my name on that ordinance. They have banned everything.

    One thing about holes in a park. I learned a long time ago from returning to a park a few days apart that many of my holes I filled in were dug out again. What was happening is dug and filled holes were attracting Squirrels.I guess the scent of dug soil attracks them. My guess is they think a nut was buried there. In a local park with a lot of squirrels at least 1/5 of my holes were dug back out two days later. So it's not always a metal detecting slob leaving them open. It could also be raccoons. They do the same thing. If you hunt a park go back in a few days and you will see what I mean.........GRiley
    Helix likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can you metal detect on jeffersonville ind waterfront

,

gold mining southern indiana

,
jeffersonville area free treasure hunt
,
metal detecting in corydon in
,

metal detecting southern indiana

,
metal detectors corydon, indiana
,

metal detectors for sale southern indiana

,
southern indiana gold find
,
treasures not found southern indiana
,
where to metel detect in southern indiana
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3