detecting in ft. wayne In

diggerdog1

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2013
Well I don't live in the area near the Civil War battlefield or a well-known revolutionary battlefield not really all that much history happening in Fort Wayne I do research historical sites and I go out metal detecting when I can I have yet to find anything valuable well worth mentioning but I'm going to stay at it and one day I will find something good . I have been shooting the covered bridges in this area. Well I have found a silver ring but mostly silver clad coins modern I need to do a bit more research I'll keep in touch

wwdw

Oct 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are the one I have been following around. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

diggerdog1

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2013
Yeah I've been shooting the Johnny Appleseed Park , and what used to be Robinson Park off North Clinton. And I've been hitting the tot lots the finding the silver clad modern coins most of the places I have been going to have not been touched by metal detectors until mine I'll keep plugging away at it it's great exercise and it saves my wife the trouble of killing me.

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remnants of the Wabash-Erie Canal around Fort Wayne may be worth researching. Some very old coins and relics from the early to mid 1800's around the canal and stops along the way. It was in business for a long time. Many houses were built along it. I have heard of great relic finds in some of the dry canal channels. Mostly glass and pottery. The canal cut through indiana. Here is one link with some info.

The Wabash and Erie Canal: The Great Waterway

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You been finding sliver coins? or you saying the clad are silver coins? I'm happy finding silver coins any day and my oldest coin so far is a 1835 large cent so there is old stuff to be found here, just need to look in the right places. HH

OP
OP
D

diggerdog1

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2013
Mostly I've been finding the silver clad . I have not been doing much of the river hunting the rivers around Allen County are so muddy visibility is zero . I am researching an abandoned Church it looks to be a Catholic Church around 18 80's .

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clad isn't silver the silver color is nickel and after its been in the ground a while all the nickel is gone and it will look rusty, while the actual silver could be in the ground over a hundred years and still be nice bright silver. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread