Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I talked to Sales director Gene, they are swamped with orders right now, probably due to the digger shows. Sales currently surpassed Christmas numbers right now and having trouble keeping up. I know for a fact when I go in phones are ringing off the wall, as soon as you hang up they have another call and they have a lot of people taking orders.

Garrett has back ordered hundreds of detectors so Garrett is swamped trying to keep up with the orders from dealers.

It is not that Kellyco doesn't care they are swamped....Blame it on the digger shows where people watch and think "oh that is easy and I can make a lot of money"... There will be a lot of detectors for sale or sitting in closets in 6 months.

Gene advised he will get someone to come on the forum and address the posts.....

just look at what 'diggers' has done! got the economy rolling all by itself!

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gerryk,

we have been a little pre-occupied lately with sales activities, but here now, so how can I help?

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How to contact Kellyco

Even tho I am new here I must let you know that I have experienced problems with kellyco, I tried calling and I have sent e-mails. And after I gave up and going away disapointed they contact me. This is over a 2 week period. I am newly retired and new to metal detecting. Being discouraged is not good but I am stubborn and overcoming the diappointment. I am bound and determined to have good experiences at metal detecting. I also know that doing business is to satisfy the customer and at times bad experiences happen and its how these are handled that determines if you will do business. My eyes are open but I am cautious as to where I do business now.

Hi rwalling2000,
Where did you send the emails too? I'll track it down and see why you did not get a response.
We monitor multiple channels, but when we get really busy, it takes time to adjust to the new level of activity. We are going through this type of phase right now.
Here are the channels:
Phone: 1-888-535-5926 also (1-407-699-8700)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kellycodetectors
PM on this forum to: Kellyco Joe
Let me know which email addresses you sent too.
We naturally divert attention towards the phone as a priority, and then some of the other channels suffer from extended reply times. We are working to hire additional folks to address these opportunities.
If there is anything specific you need right now, PM me.
if you post a question in the morning, its unlikely you'll get a response within 12 hours at the moment, but we are working had to get the response times down. You may not believe this, but we get some folks shouting after 30 minutes at 2:am in the morning after not getting a reply, so we know we are not going to satisfy everybody.
Cheerz

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
I really prefer to be able to talk to a company without an intermediary, regardless of how helpful that person is being.

Jason all I would do is see a company rep called the person that sent me their contact info, I do not work for KellyCo...

I have done the same with Minelab on repair work as I have inside contacts with management in Chicago....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi rwalling2000, Where did you send the emails too?...

metal_detector.gif
I don't know where rwalling2000 sent his e-mail but I sent you an e-mail using your own form on Contact Kellyco Metal Detectors.

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called them today...
I ordered the Garrett pro pinpointer / digger combo last week....
Got billed.. But it has not shipped...
When I called I was told their on back order... and they have no eta from Garrett.
Ya know... that would have been great to know BEFORE I placed the order and not almost a week later...
I'll call first from now on... :-/

Hi Heathgeo,
Sorry for the delays. We have a large order and a smaller order in transit since 12th, so as soon as this arrives we'll get the orders out of here. There are a large qty of propointers on the truck.
Thanks

Sailorman

Nov 25, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, for what it's worth Kellyco is my local shop. I have always got pretty good service from them. One time a few years ago I had one minor bump that was quickly solved. One suggestion I have is get the name of the sales person you contact and always deal with them. I have a regular person now that always takes good care of me. She knows me by name and on sight. Knows what I own, what I hunt and where. They can be pretty flexible, at least in my experience. If you're in the area you really should check them out.

Motorhead

Banned
Aug 1, 2012
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I waited almost 4 weeks from the time I ordered from Kellyco until I finally cancelled my order and bought from a vendor in California. Same price as Kellyco but he gave me the waterproof headphones that cost $80 with the AT Pro and I had my detector in 3 days! The rep at Kellyco was belligerent when I cancelled my order. I was a long time customer; not anymore! Kellyco seems to be running around now doing damage control for their lousy service and attitude. All of the old people that were so good at Kellyco are now gone. New generation of managers that aren't even treasure hunters. Their internet guy was a seed salesman! LOL What's he going to tell me when I ask him about the configuration of the eddy current on the AT Pro? or signal response to bronze artifacts? They brought this calamity on themselves!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread