Has anyone from Kellyco been on here

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pm me your contact info, i will see they get it,he was in hospital but I think he is out now.

rwalling2000

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Coshocton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even tho I am new here I must let you know that I have experienced problems with kellyco, I tried calling and I have sent e-mails. And after I gave up and going away disapointed they contact me. This is over a 2 week period. I am newly retired and new to metal detecting. Being discouraged is not good but I am stubborn and overcoming the diappointment. I am bound and determined to have good experiences at metal detecting. I also know that doing business is to satisfy the customer and at times bad experiences happen and its how these are handled that determines if you will do business. My eyes are open but I am cautious as to where I do business now.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I have bought a bunch of stuff (metal detector, etc.) from KellyCo without any problems. I am ready to "pull the trigger" on a new Garrett AT Pro but had a quick question. I sent them an e-mail and also a message via their site yesterday. In the past - I had a response within hours. I will let you know when I hear back from them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rwalling2000 said:
Even tho I am new here I must let you know that I have experienced problems with kellyco, I tried calling and I have sent e-mails. And after I gave up and going away disapointed they contact me. This is over a 2 week period. I am newly retired and new to metal detecting. Being discouraged is not good but I am stubborn and overcoming the diappointment. I am bound and determined to have good experiences at metal detecting. I also know that doing business is to satisfy the customer and at times bad experiences happen and its how these are handled that determines if you will do business. My eyes are open but I am cautious as to where I do business now.

I go to kellyco often , if you want pm me your contact info and I will have the sales director contact you...

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
I called them today...
I ordered the Garrett pro pinpointer / digger combo last week....
Got billed.. But it has not shipped...
When I called I was told their on back order... and they have no eta from Garrett.
Ya know... that would have been great to know BEFORE I placed the order and not almost a week later...
I'll call first from now on... :-/

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to love the Diggers show. Cant even find a lot of used machines lately. Give it a few months, it will get better.

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
I called them today...
I ordered the Garrett pro pinpointer / digger combo last week....
Got billed.. But it has not shipped...
When I called I was told their on back order... and they have no eta from Garrett.
Ya know... that would have been great to know BEFORE I placed the order and not almost a week later...
I'll call first from now on... :-/

Sounds like Garrett cannot keep up with the At pro orders mine was back ordered from Kelly co in a came in about 3 days

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
Got to love the Diggers show. Cant even find a lot of used machines lately. Give it a few months, it will get better.

Yep when all the diggers fanboys get bored or fed up there will be a lot of good used equipment on Craigslist :-)

Motorhead

Banned
Aug 1, 2012
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be a little shake up going on I think at KellyCo. Dan Gerrell who was in charge of their social networking is no longer with them. They have since been missing in action in all forums and their website hasn't even been updated either. I tried to use their live chat many times over the last 2 months and nobody responds to it or to email. If you really need to speak with someone call them directly.....that's what I finally did. It's a shame they aren't more responsive to their customers needs. Maybe they just got too big?

rwalling2000

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Coshocton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I think they got too big. I called them today even tho it was against my best judgement. I was transferred to a female customer rep. Sounds good so far, right. Well I asked my question and was put on hold while she talked to someone I thought for my answer. Well 25 min later and 4 games of solitair, I gave up again and hung up. Seems like my money isnt any good with this company.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Got billed.. But it has not shipped...When I called I was told their on back order...

metal_detector.gif
It really is a shame. I still haven't heard back from them (sent e-mail and PM). So, I jumped over the Supporting Vendors board and PM'd one of the Forum's vendors that advertise here (not sure if I can mention them by name here) and they had them (Garrett AT Pro) in stock, less money and should have it (UPS) by Friday. I have dealt with Kellyco since 2008 but when I am spending hundred's and hundred's of dollars - I like responsiveness. Anyway, just thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy a lot of things from KellyCo. but they have been unresponsive to my email and live chat for some time now. I always have to call them. It took nearly 4 weeks to get my new Fisher detector bag from them. Motorhead is correct Dan Gerrell is gone from KellyCo and so is "KellyCo Chick" the gal who would post in the forums. Stu Auerbach the founder is in his 80's and I think maybe transferring the reins of power to a new generation who are just out of touch with treasure hunters. It seems the new management just wants the money as they have churned through a lot of employees in the last year or two. Their new social media guy is a guy who was a seed salesman and started his own freelance social marketing company....:sign10: not a treasure hunter, so he can't speak knowledgeably in the forums. I guess Kellyco is in for some growing pains as the apron strings are cut but they better plug these holes fast because I already know a lot of guys who switched vendors for their gear.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to Sales director Gene, they are swamped with orders right now, probably due to the digger shows. Sales currently surpassed Christmas numbers right now and having trouble keeping up. I know for a fact when I go in phones are ringing off the wall, as soon as you hang up they have another call and they have a lot of people taking orders.

Garrett has back ordered hundreds of detectors so Garrett is swamped trying to keep up with the orders from dealers.

It is not that Kellyco doesn't care they are swamped....Blame it on the digger shows where people watch and think "oh that is easy and I can make a lot of money"... There will be a lot of detectors for sale or sitting in closets in 6 months.

Gene advised he will get someone to come on the forum and address the posts.....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Thanks for the update Treasure_Hunter. Hopefully, KellyCo can get their IT person to setup an auto-reply to both e-mail and PM's explaining their problem. I have watched places go out of business by simply not keeping their return (and new customers) in the loop. Anyway, thanks for the update.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem...

rwalling2000

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Coshocton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found out that I am going to florida in a week for a family problem. Its in orlando, Before I had all my issues with kellyco, I would have taken the time to go to the factory. But since they dont care to help me after numerous attempts and phone calls, Im not going to go. I am ready to purchase approximately $200 for a coil, lower shaft, parts and 2 coil covers and possible a garrett pointer. There loss, now to figure out where to get these items.:dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found out that I am going to florida in a week for a family problem. Its in orlando, Before I had all my issues with kellyco, I would have taken the time to go to the factory. But since they dont care to help me after numerous attempts and phone calls, Im not going to go. I am ready to purchase approximately $200 for a coil, lower shaft, parts and 2 coil covers and possible a garrett pointer. There loss, now to figure out where to get these items.:dontknow:

If you dont go into their shop when your here you will be missing something even if you don't buy...... It is well worth the trip to go to there store........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone is having an issue reaching KellyCo or has an issue pm me your contact info and I will see that someone gets back to you..... I do not work for KellyCo but I do go into KellyCo's shop several times a month, I talk to the sales director on the phone several more times a month as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread