Awaiting response from Kellyco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaveth

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Southern California
Hello everyone! I'm new to metal detecting (or as you guys call it MDing). Recently, LiveLeak placed a video online that showed someone using his Garrett AT Pro to find a bunch of old silver coins in a creek. A lot of people who saw the video thought it was blatant advertising by Garrett, although I'm sure that's not true. I'm sure there were also a few in that group of people who figured that someone is going to buy an AT Pro just because of this internet video. Well, I'm that guy who bought one. :headbang: Or at least I'm hoping to be...

I wish I'd discovered this forum before I placed my order with Kellyco yesterday. Now to their credit, I like the bundle that they are offering since I have absolutely no digging/mine detecting equipment, nor their accessories. Admittedly, some of the things in the bundle I know I will not need (e.g. replica gold samples), but most of them I could see myself putting to good use. The bundled accessory that I'm most looking forward to using is their pin pointing device. Yes, I understand it's not as good as the Garrett Pin Pointer and if it turns out to be a dud I'm hoping to just eBay it and buy the Garrett.

But what I'm most nervous about is that since ordering from them online (yesterday), I have yet to hear back from them. My PayPal account shows that the transaction is still pending and seeing that today was a business day I would've expected some sort of update by now. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But as of today, I'm hopeful and will keep you posted. Happy hunting!

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude!!!...Call and CANCEL that order...Order from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies...You will get a great deal, better tools, and better service...I have called this man when he himself was out detecting, and he will stop what he is doing to answer your call and help you...KellyCo is my LAST resort for buying metal detecting gear.

HH,

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Basically the same here- I placed my order at like 3am Monday morning (I work nights) and was hoping to see some sort of activity from them. It was a big order, 4 detectors, a pin pointer, and all the stuff they throw in..... I understand it may take some time to get all that together, but I think they could of at least ran my card in a full business day.

Ya know, we're probably just over anxious because we are new to this!

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going with Tom Miller from MillerMDZ. So far, he has given me the best deal for the money out of everyone I have spoke with. At any rate I hope it all works out for you xaveth!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
You might want to jump over to Has anyone from Kellyco been on here - Jan 29, 2013, 02:40 PM - at the end of the thread one of the KellyCo staff responds...

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the end KELLYCO got it done for me, but could have been better. I'll skip the long, convoluted story but don't order the AT Pro or garrett pinpointer, unless your have time to kill! I called 3 times (ie 3 days) to change my order. It didn't happen until I started kicking and screaming! Left a bad taste in my mouth.

OP
OP
X

xaveth

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Southern California
Thank you everyone for their replies! It didn't fall on deaf ears and I really appreciate that! :icon_thumright: On that note, I also received an email from Kellyco this morning saying that they are "Out of Stock" and would be receiving more in soon. Thank you Kellyco for the response! I don't mind waiting a bit longer if I can get their extra included items, but the thing is I'm not sure when that would be (days, weeks). What makes Kellyco's offer so appealing is that they provide that free pinpointer and for that I'm willing to wait. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind buying the Garrett version as it's better but only if I could get a break on the price; otherwise, it looks like I'll just be waiting for Kellyco. In the meantime, I will be taking GoGoGopher's and frogginfish's advice and asking their recommended sellers if they can offer something comparable.

Again, thank you so much for everyone's help and advice! I don't feel so alone anymore. :hello2:

OP
OP
X

xaveth

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Southern California
Just an update on what GoGoGopher and frogginfish said... they're absolutely correct. Within an hour or so of my message to them, Bart at Big Boy Hobbies and Tom at MillerMDZ replied right back to me! They are on the ball and ready to work with their customers. I'm not sure what I'll be deciding to do, but knowing that there is such great customer service with MillerMDZ and Big Boy Hobbies is a great comfort and may change the way I'm doing business here. Thank you.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go with the people who want your business I say

OP
OP
X

xaveth

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Southern California
go with the people who want your business I say

That's good advice. Service is absolutely important, but so is price and what's included at that price. I think that's what makes this decision so difficult. If I don't hear that Kellyco has shipped sometime soon, I'll be cancelling and moving on to another seller.

OP
OP
X

xaveth

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Southern California
UPDATE:
Wow, I'm so happy I found this forum!

I just cancelled my order with Kellyco and will be making my purchase with Big Boy Hobbies.
Bart (at Big Boy Hobbies) is AMAZING!!! He responded immediately to all of my private messages and is setting me up with an even BETTER DEAL than what I would have gotten with Kellyco! I can't tell you how happy I am. And thank you to GoGoGopher for recommending that I contact him.

I called Kellyco about 5 min. ago and placed my cancellation. I was a little bit disappointed because they never even bothered to ask me why I was canceling, nor did they attempt to persuade me to stick with them. I run a business, and when one of my customers calls me and says they want to cancel, I want to know why! "What did we do wrong or how can I make them happy and perhaps even keep their business?" Those are the first thoughts that run through my head. But jeff-gordon said it best (see above), "go with the people who want your business"... so I did! I'm going with Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies, because he has been on the ball, upfront about everything, and I couldn't be happier. I feel absolutely confident now with my purchase and who I'm purchasing from.

I now have excellent customer service, quick response time, better equipment included (not a lot of useless filler as in the Kellyco package), and at a better price! Thank you to everyone who has helped me with my purchasing decision. You've made this a whole lot easier.

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I'm new to metal detecting (or as you guys call it MDing). Recently, LiveLeak placed a video online that showed someone using his Garrett AT Pro to find a bunch of old silver coins in a creek. A lot of people who saw the video thought it was blatant advertising by Garrett, although I'm sure that's not true. I'm sure there were also a few in that group of people who figured that someone is going to buy an AT Pro just because of this internet video. Well, I'm that guy who bought one. :headbang: Or at least I'm hoping to be...

I wish I'd discovered this forum before I placed my order with Kellyco yesterday. Now to their credit, I like the bundle that they are offering since I have absolutely no digging/mine detecting equipment, nor their accessories. Admittedly, some of the things in the bundle I know I will not need (e.g. replica gold samples), but most of them I could see myself putting to good use. The bundled accessory that I'm most looking forward to using is their pin pointing device. Yes, I understand it's not as good as the Garrett Pin Pointer and if it turns out to be a dud I'm hoping to just eBay it and buy the Garrett.

But what I'm most nervous about is that since ordering from them online (yesterday), I have yet to hear back from them. My PayPal account shows that the transaction is still pending and seeing that today was a business day I would've expected some sort of update by now. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But as of today, I'm hopeful and will keep you posted. Happy hunting!

PM me your order details and I'll check the status of your order.
Cheerz

OP
OP
X

xaveth

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Southern California
UPDATE:

Well, I finally placed my order and will be going with Kellyco. They were able to place the order for what I'm looking for, at the price I was seeking. Kellyco Joe has restored my faith in Kellyco when he posted on this thread, communicated with me via PM, and placed me in touch with his Director of Sales, Gene Knight. Both of them heard what I wanted, made exceptions, and tied up all the loose ends that I was complaining about earlier on this thread. When I spoke with Gene, I could tell he is a really nice guy, very personable yet professional, and smoothed out everything. I'm very thankful that both Kellyco Joe and Gene Knight took the initiative to take care of me and rectified the situation beyond my expectations. :)

The lessons I've learned (all in just one week!):
1) Don't buy a metal detector, until you've started an account here at Treasurenet.com, because there are people here to help.
2) Do your research and ask questions. You may discover something better than what you originally wanted.
3) PM the vendors and ask them nicely if there's anything they can do for you.
3) Let others know who made exceptions for you and who was willing to work with you.

With that said, I sincerely thank Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and Tom at MillerMDZ. These two vendors were willing to work with me, but since they did not have what I was looking for in stock, I am passing up their generous offers and excellent communication.

txswing

Mar 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I was as lucky with Kellyco. My wife ordered me a metal detector for my birthday a few weeks ago, hoping it would arrive in time. First she ordered the Teknetiks 4000. Several days later, she receives an email saying it was out of stock. She called back and requested they send a Fisher F2, only if it was in stock and would arrive by my birthday (approx a week later). They confirmed it was in stock, would ship the next day, and should arrive by last Wednesday. Last Wednesday, my wife gets an email saying the item just now shipped. Needless to say, the two days I took off work to play with my new detector were wasted since it did not arrive as promised. My wife was actually going to order it for me last year, but I was away on active duty, discharged due to injury, and had to spend my previous birthday in bed for 4 months. To add insult, I emailed Kellyco my concerns. Never heard back. Several days later, I found them on FB and started a private message with them. They advised me they have no idea what is on the trucks and when it will get there and I should value this quality time with my family! After several PMs later, they finally agreed to cancel the shipment. Guess what? It arrived today after they said they recalled the shipment. Responded again to the PM and have yet to hear back.

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I've found the service from kellyco to be rather... well ****..... I placed an order, was assured they had them in stock... paid.. and now i find out i get to wait until F!@#$%^ MAY... before its shipped

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread