Any Privy Diggers here in Kentucky

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Hey Nova, good to see a post from you in the Ky forum! I have dug several privies and water wells and they are exciting to say the least. You're gonna have fun! Let us know what you come up with. I have that How To Locate Privy "book" if you need some reference material. Be safe at it for sure.

Jamie

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Hey Nova, any chance that you can find a Sanborn or DeBeers map of your home? Some Sanborn maps show the actual privy location.....but you live out in the boonies don't you? Those maps may not have extended out into rural areas, not 100% sure on that though.....best of luck.

Jamie

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1320 said:
Hey Nova, any chance that you can find a Sanborn or DeBeers map of your home? Some Sanborn maps show the actual privy location.....but you live out in the boonies don't you? Those maps may not have extended out into rural areas, not 100% sure on that though.....best of luck.

Jamie

Hello Jamie, i need to get the password for sanborn again, they seem to change it often. I actually sold my Home in the Country and Now live in the historic district of Bardstown. There was alot of activity right in my area including CW soldiers that were camped right here on my property. So it might be really interesting what's in the old privy hole.

Bill

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
The rain has to let up for us to get in the hole ole Nova.
Maybe here real soon we can get on it, I have my probe and I'm ready. :thumbsup:

Hill

my2hands

Mar 2, 2009
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not ever dug one but would love to. Have never had the chance yet.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and my cousin have been trying to get into this. We have a buddy in west point who is older and wants to get our feet wet but he feels bad alot I think and puts it off every time we set a date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread