danrclem

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2012
In The Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New guy here. I'm very new to the MD hobby and would like to know about what public lands not to hunt in Jefferson and surrounding counties. I know Jefferson is off limits in parks but what about schools. What about schools and parks in Spencer, Bullitt and Oldham counties. I'm anxious to hunt some spots but don't want to get into trouble.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

Danny

OP
OP
D

danrclem

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2012
In The Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I'd get a response by now but haven't. I'm not asking about info for any personal hunting sites just asking what I can and can't do.

I haven't done any detecting since I made my last post because everything is a muddy mess. Hopefully I'll be able to go again soon.

neills4

Aug 4, 2013
Prospect, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new too. And will be moving to Prospect in the next week. Did you ever get an answer to your question? I would be interested in knowing the answer. Also, what is the penalty in Jefferson County?

New guy here. I'm very new to the MD hobby and would like to know about what public lands not to hunt in Jefferson and surrounding counties. I know Jefferson is off limits in parks but what about schools. What about schools and parks in Spencer, Bullitt and Oldham counties. I'm anxious to hunt some spots but don't want to get into trouble.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

Danny

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new too. And will be moving to Prospect in the next week. Did you ever get an answer to your question? I would be interested in knowing the answer. Also, what is the penalty in Jefferson County?

They can take your vehicle and equipment 1st offense 2nd offense same thing plus up to 15 days in jail on top of a fine! It's not worth it, and you'll make the rest of us look bad! You guys need to knock on some doors and get private property permissions, or hunt schools, I suggest going to the library, a lot of new guys don't understand the research that goes in too making good finds and getting good sites! Hope this helps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread