John Murrell treasure in Madison County, TN
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By vettebabe5
  • 1 Post By Kentucky Kache
  • 1 Post By 21stTNCav
  • 1 Post By vettebabe5
  • 1 Post By 21stTNCav
  • 1 Post By bill Matteson
  • 1 Post By 21stTNCav
  • 1 Post By Gabedubois

Thread: John Murrell treasure in Madison County, TN

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2007
    Jackson, TN
    3 times

John Murrell treasure in Madison County, TN

I live in Jackson, TN in Madison County. There is a small town named Denmark also in Madison County. I have always heard rumors that John Murrell has a cache buried in or around Denmark. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Southern4shur and Rebel - KGC like this.

Kentucky Kache
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    10 times

Re: John Murrell treasure in Madison County, TN

Hi. I am originaly from Mcnairy (Milledgeville) but have moved to Texas in 99. I have a copy of the treasure atlas for Tennesseee and it has the Murrell legend for Denmark in it. It says that a cabin in Denmark was Murrells HQ for some time and that he cached some ill gotten gains near it. Any way if you can obtain a copy of the Atlas it will have a little blurb to say on it. I am sorry I can't remember it in better detail. Good luck and I hope you hit the motherlode.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

us
    Apr 2007
    Jackson, TN
    3 times

Thanks fomocofords. I will try to get a copy of the treasure atlas. I don't knwo many peoplearound Denmark who have heard about John Murell, and those who have don't know anything about a treasure near Denmark.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    10 times

Sorry but I forgot to look in the Atlas last night. I did take a look on ebay and found United States treasure atlas #9 Tennessee. Texas, and Utah for 14.00 in the ebay store. None on auction right now. Bud I saw a buy it now for the entire set of 10 for 34.00 and someone with 9 of the 10 books for auction for 14.00 with no bids. After I bought my first one for 9.00 I liked it so much I bought the entire set a year ago on ebay for 55.00. With Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, and Alabama so close to Jackson, buying the entire set at these prices might be the way to go. Hey the nine books cost almost the same as the one in the store. Just a suggestion to a fellow Tennessean and MD'er. The Vol's are breakin my heart this year, but the Titans shore ain't!!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

us
    Nov 2008
    1 times

John Murrell lived and robbed along the Natchez trace which started in Tenn.and ended in Natchez Miss. Murrell built a few underground "vaults to hide his loot in. one in Tenn, one in Miss.one in Missouri
    and one in Illinois..
    When Mark Twain wrote Tom Sawyer and Tom and Becky thatcher were missing in a cave, Tom
    found the treasure of the Pirate Murrell.
    Twain spent considerable time looking for lost treasure in and around the Illinois and Missouri areas
    John Murrell, in addition to robbing the Natchez trace also worked up and down the Mississippi river
    when one area got to hot he simply moved to another one.
    I have looked for and I am still lookin for his Illinois vault..
    can't wait till spring
    prof bill
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    10 times

Hey Bill: I hope for your good luck in the spring. I am going to check out a area during the Holidays back in Tennessee, but not the one in Denmark. I hope I find the golden ring, and I hope you find your too. CAB
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

Jun 2019
    2 times
    Hey all,
    I'm a producer at a production company and I'm currently looking for people who are actively searching for John Murrel's treasure, or have searched for it in the past. If so, let me know, I'd love to talk to you more about the subject for a project I'm working on.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jul 2019
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabedubois View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm a producer at a production company and I'm currently looking for people who are actively searching for John Murrel's treasure, or have searched for it in the past. If so, let me know, I'd love to talk to you more about the subject for a project I'm working on.
    I've been internet reading off and on for a couple of years and just getting back into it. I'm hopefully going to do some physical archival research ASAP in TN.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links