KGC INTERESTED MIGHT WANT TO SEE THIS

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
Texas Jay said:
Hi Walker Colt. I don't know when I or DiLorenzo ever said that Lincoln was "pro-slavery" but the record is clear that Lincoln was against what is called "racial equality". Those are two different positions and are not synonymous. One point that the Lincoln cultists and traditionalists refuse to acknowledge is that the Civil War had many causes. Slavery was only one of them.
~Texas Jay

If you read the Declarations of Causes you will see slavery is numero uno my friend. That doesn't mean the Confederate rank and file were fighting to keep the institution but the state governments certainly were. In fact by the end of the war Lee and others wanted to free the slaves and arm them. You've got to listen to what they said before the war not after. After they lost the war they came up with all kinds of reasons for secession. Don't buy into revisionist history, read the secession convention details in the newspapers and the Confederate Constitution debates.

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
SWR said:
Texas Jay said:
"Confronting the Lincoln Cult"

{Ever since starting the most extensive investigation ever conducted into the controversial life and death of Bloody Bill Anderson of Quantrill's Raiders in early 2006 and extending the research into the Knights of the Golden Circle, I and members of our group have faced the same kind of traditionalist opposition and dirty tactics that DiLorenzo faced when he wrote and published "The Real Lincoln". - Texas Jay} http://mises.org/article.aspx?Id=973&FS=Confronting+the+Lincoln+Cult
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery - this is the forum I chose to create in order to bring researchers, genealogists, historians, and other interested people together for this important historical project.
Good grief. Soliciting Yahoo groups again. Old, old, old. DiLorenzo, another conspiracy theorist who tries to rewrite history. There is a reason these publications do not get a glowing review from peers, nor are they interpreted as Real History by mainstream scholars

Yes, and if you think history is mistreated then one should read what was written about George Washington by the English during the war. What a rebel! I think they call you a "colonist" to this day SWR but you don't know it according to mainstream scholars. Too funny.

Gary

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KGC4Dixie said:
SWR said:
Texas Jay said:
"Confronting the Lincoln Cult"

{Ever since starting the most extensive investigation ever conducted into the controversial life and death of Bloody Bill Anderson of Quantrill's Raiders in early 2006 and extending the research into the Knights of the Golden Circle, I and members of our group have faced the same kind of traditionalist opposition and dirty tactics that DiLorenzo faced when he wrote and published "The Real Lincoln". - Texas Jay} http://mises.org/article.aspx?Id=973&FS=Confronting+the+Lincoln+Cult
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery - this is the forum I chose to create in order to bring researchers, genealogists, historians, and other interested people together for this important historical project.
Good grief. Soliciting Yahoo groups again. Old, old, old. DiLorenzo, another conspiracy theorist who tries to rewrite history. There is a reason these publications do not get a glowing review from peers, nor are they interpreted as Real History by mainstream scholars

Yes, and if you think history is mistreated then one should read what was written about George Washington by the English during the war. What a rebel! I think they call you a "colonist" to this day SWR but you don't know it according to mainstream scholars. Too funny.

Gary

SWR is regularly called worse that that, and not by the English.................well, MAYBE them, too. :sign10:

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
SWR,

I'm still around but digging into a whole lot of genealogy. Still not through with the searches which are very time consuming.

Gary

Nice to see I still own you. thumbsup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread