What do you think about Roy Roush?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
No but I bet you did. What is his theory on Jesse's assasination?

On secret societies/fraternities the US was awash with them in the days before mass communication. Some were the forerunners
of the insurance industry, Knights of the Maccabees was one. They provided a death benefit for widows of KOTM members. Some
were useless propogandists who deluded members with visions of empire buiding, none of which came to pass. KGC, KKK were of
the second variety.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NAW... haven't read it yet; WAS gonna get it for my bd, years ago... BUT! Dunno, what his theory is, on Jesse's "death"; YOU haven't even read the book, and are just "speculating", as usual... HOWEVER, you ARE correct that some Secret Societies were "Mutual Aid" INSURANCE societies like KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS. KKK was a REAL source of trauma in the SOUTH; NOT like KGC, and NOT connected with them; it (KKK) was MOSTLY a disgruntled CSA vets (and families) "thing"... and it WAS wrong! MEANWHILE, wanna hear from others who HAVE read Dr. Roush's book on Jesse... :2barsgold::2barsgold::2barsgold::goldcoin::goldcoin::goldcoin:

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Not the ones I have. You have to specialize any craze, not my choice of collectibles.

Treemaster

Nov 8, 2012
LV
Detector(s) used
White prizm III, Garrett 350, Sometimes I use None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have spoken with Roy and yes he knows what the old kgc sites are to hold the best but never never knew of the part two of the kgc which took place 30 years ago to this day.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
STILL waiting for reviews of Dr. Roush's book on Jesse James; found one. OR... you can just "google" Dr. Roy Roush's book on Jesse James - Reviews.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D I got a note from Dr. Roy, in which he stated he was writing a book (or had written a book) on JESSE JAMES; will order it for my BD present. :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: Coffee? ;D
You enjoy harassing and insulting me, then your very close friend banned for 8 days. I will file my complaints against you and I hope that you get banned forever.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
STILL waiting for reviews of Dr. Roush's book on Jesse James; found one. OR... you can just "google" Dr. Roy Roush's book on Jesse James - Reviews.

Have ALL 3 KGC books by Dr. Roy; read that he was a consultant for TV show on Treasure(s) of Jesse James or something... anyone know?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
NU OH LAC

... HOWEVER, you ARE correct that some Secret Societies were "Mutual Aid" INSURANCE societies like KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS. KKK was a REAL source of trauma in the SOUTH; NOT like KGC, and NOT connected with them; it (KKK) was MOSTLY a disgruntled CSA vets (and families) "thing"... and it WAS wrong!...
Was it Roy Roush that connected Albert Pike and the KGC to Nathan Bedford Forest's KUKLOS resistance group as the paramilitary arm of the KGC?
Was Forest also a Freemason?
I have read conflicting versions.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Was it Roy Roush that connected Albert Pike and the KGC to Nathan Bedford Forest's KUKLOS resistance group as the paramilitary arm of the KGC?
Was Forest also a Freemason?
I have read conflicting versions.

Read that NB Forrest was a FreeMason; NOT sure of "paramilitary arm", tho.

Tabitha

Jun 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy is making money writing books about a legend. The definition of legend is a popular historical story but not authenticated.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll 'second' 'franklin's' vouching for Roy. I've known him as a friend for maybe 30 years; even attended the ceremony in which he received his Ph.D in Archaeology. "Tabitha", welcome to Treasure Net; and now that you know who Roy Roush is, feel free to address him as Dr. Roush, or Mr. Roush; and when you get to meet him, he'll tell you that calling him just 'Roy' is perfectly OK.
Don..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread