$hare alleged KGC/Outlaw signs/symbols with/out absolute proof/ none required

tomccue

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2004
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I am interested in any rock carvings , petroglyps, etc...found in Oklahoma. I have been researching the meanings to signs and symbols found in this manner. Please email me any pics and gps or general local area of where image was taken. If you feel that coordinates would be giving away to much I would still like to get any images of rock carvings from Oklahoma. I am compiling these in to a rock carving topographical map of the Oklahoma area. Also interested in anything you may think is related to the James Younger gang or KGC. Please email images to [email protected].

Thanks
Tom McCue

tomccue

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2004
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Just want to let everyone know I have seen the images posted all over the internet and on the forums. I am looking for images from people who have these in their private collections.

Hi all I am looking for any pics or images of rock carvings or petroglyphs in Oklahoma as well as the general location or GPS coordinates of these. If you do not feel comfortable giving out the locations that is fine I would still like to have the images. I am currently working on a project regarding Jesse James and the KGC and would like to add these images to a topographical map and research references so the locations would be helpful in that regard.

Thanks
Tom McCue

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
You're welcome! I have run across these peep hole type windows several times.
This one is Spanish and not outlaw but I thought I would post it anyway.

Attachments

• arrow window.jpg
    arrow window.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,943

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
alec said:
You're welcome! I have run across these peep hole type windows several times.
This one is Spanish and not outlaw but I thought I would post it anyway.

Peephole sounds kinky. Key hole!

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Thought I would post this in honor of the up coming deer seasons. Happy Hunting All.

Oddrock

Attachments

• tb, ks, deer 006 (640x480).jpg
    tb, ks, deer 006 (640x480).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,958

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of pics
Knife pic shows knife ONLY. I lined up with North and it is 60degrees off North, that is why you see "6"

Attachments

• Markings-On-Tower-Survey-Ma.jpg
    Markings-On-Tower-Survey-Ma.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Knife-E-of-Jesses-House.jpg
    Knife-E-of-Jesses-House.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,615
  • Cut-rock-E-of-Hill.jpg
    Cut-rock-E-of-Hill.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,638

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
alec said:
It doesn't look like too many people want to share.
Well Alec,

I can certainly live with that. I will post this one (items found near hoot owl trees ...not in an old dump) then we can piss on the fire and call the dogs. :laughing9:

Oddrock, a metal detector user recently found an old bucket nearly identical to the one shown on the right side of your photo at one of our most promising KGC depository sites in central Texas. The one he found was crushed flat.
Texas Jay
http://knightsofthegoldencircle.webs.com

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Wouldn't a crushed bucket just be a piece of trash?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Well, you know me Hoss, I doubt the KGC left it behind unless it was trash. :laughing7:

But, for the sake of a discussion, wouldn't the crushed bucket have to have something etched on it or be shaped into a specific shape or be shown on a map to actually mean something? And, logically, I think it would be safe to assume that a buried bucket that was still completely in tact hadn't been buried long enough for the KGC to have put it in the ground. :dontknow:

There are a lot of variables here that will make a big difference but erring on the cautious side, it would be logical to assume the crushed bucket is just a crushed bucket until something tells you otherwise. Based on Texas Jay's posts in the past I don't think his track record is good enough for everyone to assume "WOW, a crushed bucket, he must be on to something."

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
alec said:
Well, you know me Hoss, I doubt the KGC left it behind unless it was trash. :laughing7:

But, for the sake of a discussion, wouldn't the crushed bucket have to have something etched on it or be shaped into a specific shape or be shown on a map to actually mean something? And, logically, I think it would be safe to assume that a buried bucket that was still completely in tact hadn't been buried long enough for the KGC to have put it in the ground. :dontknow:

Obviously we can't say whether the bucket is a KGC marker or not because we don't know the situation or circumstances. But I will say that I have found things that you would probably tend to think weren't KGC clues that I know are. Several are depicted in the carvings. Some are not altered and some have been bent, cut, ground, or notched. I have many, many markers that have no directions being pointed or etchings on them. They do give you a bearing but I'm afraid I don't want to tell how that is being indicated. What I have found is that markers tend to be fine when I locate them. It's when they are removed from the ground that they begin to deteriorate. I don't remove markers, I leave them in place.
Good luck,
Hoss

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Well i thought the fire was out. hmmmm if anyone cares.. the junk pic...if u look close u might see... a mason jar with a can in it. If u look closer..maybe a bullet hole that busted the jar.. and left a hole in the can. The front of the jar might say...self-sealing Wide-Mouth Mason...the bottom if u could see it mite say...Sand Springs, Okla....
Just coincedinces

Oddrock

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Oddrock. All of those details are very interesting. The one that caught my attention the most is your mention of Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Over 30 years ago, in Brownwood, I was metal detecting a lot underneath where a very old house had just recently been torn down. I found an old saloon token marked "Sand Springs, Oklahoma" on that lot. It may or may not mean anything but this lot was only one block from where Brownwood's Henry Ford had his first home in town and even closer to where an old school had been which carried his name - Ford School. It was in this school, where the KGC held some of their meetings. It's something interesting to think about anyway. I wish I still had that old token but that was in my wilder days and I think I sold it.
~Texas Jay

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Jay,

Some say Frank James spent some of his later days around Sand Springs, Okla.....Just something I read somewhere, no actual proof.

Oddrock

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what I found about treasure allegedly hidden by the James Gang southeast of Sand Springs and another account of treasure of Cole Younger's downstream from the Sand Springs Bridge. Scroll down on this page to "State of Oklahoma" for these two accounts.

http://knightsofthegoldencircle-kgc.com/JessesHideout.htm

~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery - our group has documented several visits to Brownwood and Brown County by Frank James, Jesse James, and Cole Younger.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
I'm not sure I would be quoting "Randy Jesse James Sumpter" but the other treasures listed (well some of them anyway) have come from sources than Floyd Mann. He seems to throw everything connected to Jesse and Frank into the KGC myths which, in my opinion, is wrong, especially when he brings up the black book.

Some of the treasures listed may actually exist but I don't think they have anything to do with the KGC.

slipscomb

May 18, 2010
West Point, Virginia
Here is a pic of a rock that I posted a thread on in the "What Is It?" Forum. I don't claim to know for sure but upon researching the area I found that Rober Dalton of the famed Dalton Gang had robbed a train in Adair, Oklahoma about 30 miles east of where the rock was found with other names and lettering on an undercut shelf in a creek bed overlooking the Arkansas River just west of Tulsa. It was "near" what is known to be "Lost City" which is where noted KGC Outlaw Jesse James and his Gang of Outlaws had a hideout. In fact, the State bulldozed over one Jesse James Hideout that previously was a marked Historical Marker and local tourist attraction in favor of a four lane hiway and bridge spanning the Arkansas River into Sand Springs, Oklahoma. The Daltons were rumoured to have a hideout approximately 2 miles southeast of downtown Sand Springs, up a creek on the south side of the River. I read this in archival data for the State of Oklahoma. I have searched for 10 years while living in the area and dont doubt the search attempts of the many locals in that area so I truly doubt the presence of any treasure left in the area but I might suspect that this particular rock may have been used by someone to mark the location or general diretion to the location of hidden treasure long ago.

Daltonrock.jpg

What I do kow is that the lettering and symbol were both carved long ago by the condition of the rock and its location corresponds to historical data of the area being a favored hideout location to two prominent Outlaw Gangs, one being a reported member of the KGC, Jesse James. I now live in Virginia but hope to return to the area someday soon. Als I recently purchased an original first edition print of "When the Daltons Rode" printed in 1937 and written by Emmit Dalton, Robert Daltons brother and the only surviving member of the gang after the botched Coffeeville, Kansas Bank robbery in 1892. I look forward to recieving this book and reading it in its entirety as it has a whole chapter on the Adair Train Robbery and hopefully will shed some light on the ensuing aftermath of that event. I will report on this soon. Enjoy!

Daltonhideout.jpg

Daltonhideout2.jpg

Daltonhideout3.jpg

Daltonhideout4.jpg

Daltonhideout5.jpg

Daltonhideout6.jpg

Sean

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first Rock pic Looks Like a "R" but could represent the area of your other pics( ledge) if you take off the left straight line off the R. The other sign on 1st rock at first appears to be the Pie sign. But it may be telling you "Fence Post".
Go to http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/search/default.aspx#searchTabIndex=1

If you know the Township and Range of that area, you can search for Plat map that may show farm land with fencing around it near this ledge. Could be a Corner Post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread