KGC Castles in Texas

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two others were located at Marshall and Canton, Texas. There was also one at Brownwood but it didn't become really active until many years after the War ended.
~Texas Jay
http://knightsofthegoldencircle.webs.com

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
List compiled from Newspapers and letters. Not a complete list plus its 3:30am. May be ommissions and duplicates.
Pleasanton
New Braunfels
Galveston
3 in San Antonio
Booneville
Independence
Caldwell
Owensville
Castroville
Sequin
Corpus Christi
Huntsville
Chappell Hill
Navasota
2 in La Grange
Sulphur Springs
near Belton
Houston
Rusk? Cherokee Grays
Dallas
Alleyton
Gonzales
Austin
Mckinney
St. Marys
Navarro Co
Brenham
2 in Fayette Co.
Helena
Bastrop
Marshall
possibly Gabriel Mills

and just a side note: most of the leadership of these castles are known and very few are found in the membership returns of the Grand Lodge of Texas.

The Slider

Greenie
Oct 3, 2005
Castroville, Texas
List compiled from Newspapers and letters. Not a complete list plus its 3:30am. May be ommissions and duplicates.
Pleasanton
New Braunfels
Galveston
3 in San Antonio
Booneville
Independence
Caldwell
Owensville
Castroville
Sequin
Corpus Christi
Huntsville
Chappell Hill
Navasota
2 in La Grange
Sulphur Springs
near Belton
Houston
Rusk? Cherokee Grays
Dallas
Alleyton
Gonzales
Austin
Mckinney
St. Marys
Navarro Co
Brenham
2 in Fayette Co.
Helena
Bastrop
Marshall
possibly Gabriel Mills

and just a side note: most of the leadership of these castles are known and very few are found in the membership returns of the Grand Lodge of Texas.

I Live in Castroville, TX... What are Castles???

The Slider

Greenie
Oct 3, 2005
Castroville, Texas

There is a Cross on a hill here in town and I've heard stories that gold was buried beneath it.. I always thought it was BS.. but... now?? But still not sure what "Castles" mean.. only OLD "Castle" looking thing we have here is the old Catholic Church in the square...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Meeting places of KNIGHTS! They had a "standing Army" in Texas, ready to invade MEXICO; the CONFEDERATE WAR halted/delayed 'em... they then, became REBELS of TEXAS; Bonnie Blue Flag, that bears a SINGLE Star! Think of the Yellow Rose of Texas... GOLD!

Last edited:

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meeting places of KNIGHTS! They had a "standing Army" in Texas, ready to invade MEXICO; the CONFEDERATE WAR halted/delayed 'em... they then, became REBELS of TEXAS; Bonnie Blue Flag, that carries a SINGLE Star! Think of the Yellow Rose of Texas... GOLD!

I had to laugh, I get some funny looks at times when I fly my Bonnie Blue!

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If I was going to search in Texas for the K.G.C.. I would start in and around Houston. That is the only town with direct ties to the knights we have exposed. although the whole state was crawling with K.G.C., Houston was affiliated with the big boys.

L.C. Baker

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Rebel & Hillbilly, -- got a good laugh on the '' Bonnie Blue Flag '' never heard of it in that manner before. I had my flag at half mast for a while because i have no prez and no congress and told folks so, BUT, someone sneaked in one nite and ran it back up,SSSOOOo not to offend anyone i leave it up there. I have been wondering what would happen if i hang a North Korean flag out there? I won't but i doubt if anyone would recognize it or say anything. not much schooling in U.S.of A anymore. have a great day.

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel & Hillbilly, -- got a good laugh on the '' Bonnie Blue Flag '' never heard of it in that manner before. I had my flag at half mast for a while because i have no prez and no congress and told folks so, BUT, someone sneaked in one nite and ran it back up,SSSOOOo not to offend anyone i leave it up there. I have been wondering what would happen if i hang a North Korean flag out there? I won't but i doubt if anyone would recognize it or say anything. not much schooling in U.S.of A anymore. have a great day.
I figure some one would figure it out and burn the North Korean one. I fly my battle flag, I fly the Bonnie Blue, and several others. It is always a good converstation starter for sure. Pretty sure if anyone ventured into my yard to play with one of my flags, for any reason, the would meet with a big welcome from the pack of dogs I live with lol!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I figure some one would figure it out and burn the North Korean one. I fly my battle flag, I fly the Bonnie Blue, and several others. It is always a good converstation starter for sure. Pretty sure if anyone ventured into my yard to play with one of my flags, for any reason, the would meet with a big welcome from the pack of dogs I live with lol!

Are they REBEL DAWGS...?

The Slider

Greenie
Oct 3, 2005
Castroville, Texas
I found this site... Kinda interesting and I googled the names and these people DID live here in Castroville or REALLY close to here.. One of the names I googled said they are buried in the St. Louis Catholic Cemetery, So this weekend im going to goto the cemetery and look for the graves. It's just down the street.
http://digital.library.schreiner.edu/sldl/hcc/bylaws.html

Ill post Pictures If anyone wants.. IF I get a chance to go.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions