gold in kentucky!

caveman2

Jun 12, 2010
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
well my brother in-law's family says that a doctor from new york had a journal from a guy in the civil war. in the journal the guy wrights about a cache of gold coins. and my brother in-law said that it also had a conettion with the KGC. I can't find any information on KGC in kentucky. my cousin and i went detecting in the area once but didn't know the exact places. its like a needle in a hay stack

K

Kentucky Kache

Nice video guys. But a word to the wise. When you have a good cache lead (one you really believe in), never put it out to the public. You can share it with me, but don't put it on here. ;D

I would be talking to the brother-in-law's family to find out about the guy in NY. I would REALLY want to talk to him, if he's still alive.

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
caver;
Reviewed the video and between the bridges, houses around an old farm area, and a few other details, anyone familiar with the area would know exactly where to go and begin searching. The horseshoe, knife, and the long piece of metal may have been directional indicators.

If you are unfamiliar with the use of a compass and topo map, you really need to learn how. There are a number of people here on TN forum, including myself, that would be willing to help you in this endeavor. I said the "metal may have been directional indicators",
if they were, the line they indicated is most likely lost...forever.

Should you dig another piece, don't move it, see if it has a shape, usually pointed, showing the direction you should go to the next mark. Use a compass to get the line, and record the info on your topo map. Take a lot of photos, but try to limit the amount of background as much as possible.

There's a lot of info on this forum about how to do and go about doing it the right way. Please take advantage of it, you won't regret it.

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
caver;
I forgot to mention that history is replete with people who have nothing to do with the site or area someone is working, and these people put two and two together and get there first. There are people on this forum who have first hand knowledge of this, and they're not happy.
They may be wiser, but cetainly not richer.

By the way, it doesn't have to be gold or silver, it can be anything that has value.

Research, search, sift, shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

OP
OP
caveman2

caveman2

Jun 12, 2010
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
it is private property, I don't hnow if the doctor frm NY is still around or not, im gonna talk to the people that he talked to. that own the property. do u thin\k i should take the video off?

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
You probably should...I know a lot of poorer folk living in Kentucky who would kill for less....

K

Kentucky Kache

tomjiggy said:
You probably should...I know a lot of poorer folk living in Kentucky who would kill for less....

Not only in Kentucky, but everywhere, brother.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Intriguing thread--thanks.

All the best,

Lanny

twoauers

Jul 7, 2013
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you need to ask to read the journal, get pertinant info- if allowed- and go from there, that is if they will allow you to see it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions