TURTLE?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
turtle1.jpg

Is this just another bunch of rocks, or is it a turtle sign?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it is just a bunch of rocks. Just like you can find shapes in clouds the same is often true of rock formations. Even though I would think it is a natural formation, it would be an obvious point of reference for a map or treasure. "We camped at the foot of Turtle Rock" or "the treasure is hidden at the base of Turtle Rock" Just my 2 cents.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes, I DO think the ppl burying Treasures COULD bury 'em near "peculiar" rock/boulder(s) "foundations"; J. Swift Silver Mines has ALL kinds of stuff, like this... "The Light House", the "Bridge" (like Natural Bridge, Va), etc. I DO NOT think the "Foundations" were set by the ppl burying treasure(s)... YET!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking more specific because of the owl and possible turtle and their significance to the K.G.C., but I get what you are saying.
Baker:thumbsup:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possible turtle rock in Brownwood, Texas ?

Here's another large rock that some may interpret as a turtle rock. I found it in my hometown of Brownwood, Texas. I know that there's at least one KGC depository in this several county area of rural central Texas.
~Texas Jay
Yahoo! Groups

Attachments

• simplystuff-other3-06-13 003.JPG
    simplystuff-other3-06-13 003.JPG
    472.5 KB · Views: 378
  • simplystuff-other3-06-13 004.JPG
    simplystuff-other3-06-13 004.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 258
  • simplystuff-other3-06-13 005.JPG
    simplystuff-other3-06-13 005.JPG
    479.7 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone on here said it could also be a turtle symbol....or possibly a combine symbol. Is there a Spanish symbol that is close to it? Could it be an altered symbol that the K.G.C. is using....it's kicking my butt so far.
Thanks for the input L.C. Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I will try to find "Turtle Symbols" from the American South-West (Spanish); Hawk-Eye had some symbols on his Treasure Hunter's University web-site... GO THERE!

Last edited:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Rebel. That was my late best friend Colin's and my thoughts also. I don't know if it is in its original location or whether it was moved there. It sits on a large, mostly-buried sandstone boulder. It looks like I need to go back and check out the precise direction that it's pointing and see if it matches up with any of the possible depository sites that Colin and I discovered in our work. I apologize for my delay in replying but I've been very busy working on a KGC project that we started several years ago.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pics of Brownwood Turtle pointer rock.

Here are a few more pics of the large turtle (pointer) boulder that I took at the same time I took the others that I posted months ago. The first one shows a small section of conglomerate that is in the rock. The second shows a sign that has been scratched into the turtle head or pointer section of the rock. The third is a better view without my shadow. :) The fourth is the back section of the boulder that I believe are marks that were made when the rock was quarried. I always make a point to photograph all of the signs or possible signs that I find while out in the field. Sometimes they don't seem significant at the time but later, after I've had a chance to think about them and learn more about signs and symbols, I realize that they are very important. Then there are times when I photograph a sign at a certain time of day and it doesn't make much sense but when I go back the next time at a different time of day and shoot it from different angles, I can figure out what the sign is telling me. I've learned the hard way NOT to post photographs of signs or sites that I'm working on or to give away the locations where they were taken but since this one is in a very obvious public place, I'm not worried that it will give away any information that will affect the sites that I'm most interested in. I'm still not going to give the exact location of this boulder but I know that any of the stalkers who see it will be able to figure out where it's at but they'll have to do a little research anyway and it does my heart good to see them have to work for something for a change. :laughing7:
~Texas Jay

Attachments

• simplystuff-other3-06-13 006.JPG
    simplystuff-other3-06-13 006.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 288
  • simplystuff-other3-06-13 007.JPG
    simplystuff-other3-06-13 007.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 306
  • simplystuff-other3-06-13 008.JPG
    simplystuff-other3-06-13 008.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 293
  • simplystuff-other3-06-13 009.JPG
    simplystuff-other3-06-13 009.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 390
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
so far we have decoded exact headings and distances from the maps. A blunt directional pointer without the proper starting point would be useless. So far none of the known starting points have turned up anything in that direction....don't know:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread