WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A CIPHERED MISSPELLED WORD

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I n my studies I have spent quite a bit of time studying known codes that were used, and methods of coding. We have several misspelled words throughout more than one cipher in this trail. Some of the misspelled words make sense because of a double vowel being used. It was a common technique to misspell them. example BOUK = BOOK. Those words, along with the word "the and to" which were also were misspelled intentionally for deception. There still remains other misspelled words that have a purpose yet to be discovered. Anyone else out there that has ever had to use a misspelled word for information before?

Thanks for your help, L.C. Baker

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I n my studies I have spent quite a bit of time studying known codes that were used, and methods of coding. We have several misspelled words throughout more than one cipher in this trail. Some of the misspelled words make sense because of a double vowel being used. It was a common technique to misspell them. example BOUK = BOOK. Those words, along with the word "the and to" which were also were misspelled intentionally for deception. There still remains other misspelled words that have a purpose yet to be discovered. Anyone else out there that has ever had to use a misspelled word for information before?

Thanks for your help, L.C. Baker

"Dumb Hillbillies", I reckon...

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
L.C. what have you found a ''Y '' to represent? especially when it has a curve in it.
Thanks,
10claw

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
So far, it has represented a fork in a creek. It can also represent a spring as the vessel used to fill with water. That's all we know at this point. It could also represent a tree. and a host of other things.....

L.C. Baker:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The misspelled words have an important message that you have to look for. I know when they have a number "3" it means to go West but when they have the "3" backwards it means to go East. So your misspelled words-----------the letters mean to do something opposite of what it is telling you to do.

seems like a logical thing to give a try.:icon_thumleft:

thanks, L.C.

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
L.C.,

Turns out that the word "COBOLLO" is a misspelling of CABALLO as depicted upon the PSM horse map. The two A's were omitted and replaced with "O's". If one is to position this stone map in the correct orientation to the sun as directed by the first sun symbol (O with a dot in the middle) farthest to the left of the three. The letter "B" now appears as the number "8" (Shadow Writing 101). This infers that the three (3) letter "O's" can now be used as numbers; 000 zeroes.

The decipher methods are very clever and must be solved with the help of every possible science known to man.

Hope this helps,

Ellie B

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
L. C., many thanks for your help on the '' Y ''. anyone else know of any different use, help will be greatly appreciated.
Rebel-KGC, i see you've found the Oddfellows in the mixture too. good work.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
L. C., many thanks for your help on the '' Y ''. anyone else know of any different use, help will be greatly appreciated.
Rebel-KGC, i see you've found the Oddfellows in the mixture too. good work.

YEP! Very BIG involvement...

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
All of the same symbols were used in different areas, the "B" "H" "Y" "T" "S" but they all can mean so many different things. All dependending on where and how and if it was used in conjunction with any other symbol....:icon_scratch::BangHead:

L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The trail we are on is 6 codes deep beginning with a normal looking letter from a fictitious person. It was a code that lead to a code that lead us to a code that lead us to another code. This is not your average cache made by the Knights. This was superior coding done by the top end. It deals with Presidents of the C.S.A. and the U.S.A. believe me when I tell you there was a hierarchy to the organization. They communicated by notes handed to one another, usually about the person that was carrying the note, as an introduction. It was a government level operation and it began in 1849 this would evolve into a scheme that would later involve Jesse James.

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The trail we are on is 6 codes deep beginning with a normal looking letter from a fictitious person. It was a code that lead to a code that lead us to a code that lead us to another code. This is not your average cache made by the Knights. This was superior coding done by the top end. It deals with Presidents of the C.S.A. and the U.S.A. believe me when I tell you there was a hierarchy to the organization. They communicated by notes handed to one another, usually about the person that was carrying the note, as an introduction. It was a government level operation and it began in 1849 this would evolve into a scheme that would later involve Jesse James.

L.C.

Sounds like OAK; Order of American Knights.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Logically it is further code for another reason. It has only one anagram. It has to mean something else. Distance? Heading?:dontknow:L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the answer: To give further direction from the point reckoned to what I was looking for. SOLVED
Thanks for the input and help. I now know what I am suposed to do next.
L.C.

jj12124

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess one needs to see it on rock or where ever it is......out of context is hard to understand what is there.....Of course
you may not want to reveal your Map Rock also....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread