OP
M
Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for a roundabout area we'll say Roanoke, VA. Is there any known evidence of Swift finding or keeping silver around this area? Again, I don't know very much about Swift, just the gist of his story so I'll probably have to do some reading to figure that out. Never heard any of my older relatives talking about any silver mines around here either. There are lots of salt peter mines around to the north and east. I heard somethng on the History Channel (maybe another channel) about the Confederacy using those caves in other locations to hide men and arms, ammunition, etc. from the Union, sometimes with the Union Troops right above the cave. I'm gonna double check that "elephant/eagle" to see about the snout. I'm confident that the lines went down like that instead of to a point like the beak. I've got a deepseeker coil for a Garret ADS 3 so I may run that around the tree with this sign. and I've got copper rods so I could dowse. Just gotta wait for all the snow to melt to do any serious field work. Should I measure the trees to get a rough estimate of age and then map out the oldest (150 years or more) and then get distances from each of those trees to see if there's a shape or any correlation to the symbols? This is all new to me and if there's ways I can refine the process I'm all about it. However, I don't wanna be one of those guys who annoys everyone by saying "how's this done, what's this mean, do it for me."

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not in Roanoke, Va. Citizens of Roanoke DID bury their own family caches, when Yanks came from burnings in the Shenandoah Valley (NORTH). Silver Mines were WEST & South West in the Appalachians; there IS a Jonathan Swift Silver Mines "thread" on T-Net... GREAT STUFF! Check it OUT!

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not in Roanoke, Va. Citizens of Roanoke DID bury their own family caches, when Yanks came from burnings in the Shenandoah Valley (NORTH). Silver Mines were WEST & South West in the Appalachians; there IS a Jonathan Swift Silver Mines "thread" on T-Net... GREAT STUFF! Check it OUT!

A lot of people in the old days also used to bury all there precious metals along side the foundation in there house.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every mder should have a jeep. So they can explore those hard to reach places and have fun!

OP
OP
M
Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN3255.JPG Looking at some of the pictures that I had and came across this one and it really stuck out to me this time. I interpretted it to say either "R.74" or "R.94" and that it could've meant Revelation 7:4 or Revelation 9:4. After reading those I go very intrigued because Revelation 7:4 talks about a particular number of children of Israel being sealed and I remembered SwiftSearcher mentioning the exact same thing at one point in his thread about a KGC vault. Even if it is Revelation 9:4 then that passage reads "And it was commanded to them that they should not hurt the grass of the Earth, neither any green, neither any tree. Only the men who don't do this have the Seal of God on their foreheads (Kind of ironic considering they had to "harm" the tree to carve it). Either one is intriguing because one speaks of Israelites being sealed (maybe a vault being sealed!) and Swift Searcher mentioned this exact same passage (I will have to go back and find it to remember what exactly it pertained to). And the other talks about a Seal of God on the forhead (It could be the next sign I need to look for). Thoughts?

Last edited:

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people in the old days also used to bury all there precious metals along side the foundation in there house.

Being from the South, one thing I learned in to cache, and I will tell you that after you move as far North as I am, you learn the ground is awful hard covered in snow and 60 below! But, I also think that a ton of caches are yet to be found here.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being from the South, one thing I learned in to cache, and I will tell you that after you move as far North as I am, you learn the ground is awful hard covered in snow and 60 below! But, I also think that a ton of caches are yet to be found here.

I used to live in Minnesota I know what you're talking about the ground is basically cement in the winter. Moved to ks 5 minutes from the OK boarder. I'm about to buy a MD and start looking for old homes on the roads that cars can't travel. Only in a jeep.

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live in Minnesota I know what you're talking about the ground is basically cement in the winter. Moved to ks 5 minutes from the OK boarder. I'm about to buy a MD and start looking for old homes on the roads that cars can't travel. Only in a jeep.

Hey, shoot me a PM, depending on where you are, may be able to open up some ground for ya!

OP
OP
M
Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some pieces of metal last weekend. Finished reading shadow of the sentinel. Lots of great information, especially for a newbie like myself. Discovered a new spot I really want to check out

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Here's what ya need to know, then... you may find pieces of metal, horseshoes, nails, etc and think... "ONLY JUNK!" BUT! Keep digging, the BIG stuff may be below that junk... DO NOT GIVE UP! "JUNK" will "throw off" MD... ALL THE TIME!

OP
OP
M
Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had reconstructive surgery a couple months ago and I'm just now starting to walk again, if you can call my shuffling around walking. Been reading a lot, talking to a lot of the old timers around here. Got some decent leads, a couple of places I'd like to at least put eyes on. Started all my work when it was still cold and now that it's warm I should be able to get a lot done. How's everyone else doing?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
View attachment 948571 Looking at some of the pictures that I had and came across this one and it really stuck out to me this time. I interpretted it to say either "R.74" or "R.94" and that it could've meant Revelation 7:4 or Revelation 9:4. After reading those I go very intrigued because Revelation 7:4 talks about a particular number of children of Israel being sealed and I remembered SwiftSearcher mentioning the exact same thing at one point in his thread about a KGC vault. Even if it is Revelation 9:4 then that passage reads "And it was commanded to them that they should not hurt the grass of the Earth, neither any green, neither any tree. Only the men who don't do this have the Seal of God on their foreheads (Kind of ironic considering they had to "harm" the tree to carve it). Either one is intriguing because one speaks of Israelites being sealed (maybe a vault being sealed!) and Swift Searcher mentioned this exact same passage (I will have to go back and find it to remember what exactly it pertained to). And the other talks about a Seal of God on the forhead (It could be the next sign I need to look for). Thoughts?

Well, I "see" a "pointer sign" where you "see" "R"). I think it is a "bean-shaped" lake, POSSIBLY... WEST of that location... dunno.

OP
OP
M
Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10clawz had said he thought the "R" was a spade. I think there's an opening in the middle of the "R" which is what lead me to believe that it was a letter. But I think now I'm going to go have another look at it in person and feel it. I can't lie, I burned myself out for a bit since I went at it so hard in the begining. But I've since learned a few things from some older folks and have a second wind. Got some old maps of the area and have pinpointed a couple of locations of interest. I know I should focus on what I have in front of me and decipher what I already have but these new leads seem too promising to not check them out. Thanks Rebel.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Would it be possible that one of the next signs would be 40 miles away?

Hi MusicMaker. Good to see you still shaking those trees. That is some good stuff.

With the KGC anything is possible. In my experience they will often send you off to another site a fair distance away while a cache or vault is within 200 yards of the carving. When you get to the other site they often send you back to the one you came from while there is a vault or cache within 200 yards of that panel as well. I hope it helps

Pinwheel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread