Tree Help Please! I posted this in a different forum but thought I should try here.

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of trees I have questions about this is only a few of them, I don't want to post more until I know for sure someone can help me. I also found some interesting carvings I would like some help with, but first if you would check out the trees I have at this link, I would appreciate it. Click the link here for those photos: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-
marks-signs/405969-tree-help-please.html

Here are some other trees that really intrigue me and would love to get feedback on! I don't know the difference between Native American trail markers, Hoot Owl, Treasure Trees! It is all VERY confusing and it is not metal which is what I bought my detector for!

All Trees1.jpg All Trees4.jpg All Trees2.jpg All Trees3.jpg

Here are 3 more: All Trees.jpg

I have more trees too, but i will wait to see what kind of response I get. I have lots of photos and single photos, I just did it this way to get a good start. Thanks for your time and help!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I see "Message Trees", "Pointer Trees"; you are in WI; do you have TRAIL TREES OF WI...?
"Google" Trail Trees of MI... INTERESTING stuff!

Last edited:
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for replying, I am actually in East Texas right now and that is where the photos of the trees are from. I know there are trail trees in Wisconsin, but I never really saw or looked for any there. Are message and Pointer trees the same, if not could you please tell me the differences and which are which; if you know.

I see "Message Trees", "Pointer Trees"; you are in WI; do you have TRAIL TREES OF WI...? "Google" Trail Trees of MI... INTERESTING stuff!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK, "google" Trail Trees of Texas; 20,900,000 "hits". The Great Texas Tree Trail Guide is GREAT!

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting thought:

"The Indians believe the trees are sacred, and one reason it was hard to find a lot of information about them is because Indians didn’t want the white folks to know about them. Because, like everything else we’ve touched, we destroyed. When Indians are standing near these trees, they believe their ancestors are there or nearby. Particularly the Ute Indians, who call their trees prayer trees. They think these trees are very sacred, so we treat them that way.
Read more at A Group?s Quest to Find and Save Indian Trail Trees - ICTMN.com

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for that link, I read it, it is very interesting. I wonder if they ever got there DVD done?

Interesting thought:

"The Indians believe the trees are sacred, and one reason it was hard to find a lot of information about them is because Indians didn’t want the white folks to know about them. Because, like everything else we’ve touched, we destroyed. When Indians are standing near these trees, they believe their ancestors are there or nearby. Particularly the Ute Indians, who call their trees prayer trees. They think these trees are very sacred, so we treat them that way.
Read more at A Group?s Quest to Find and Save Indian Trail Trees - ICTMN.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread