THE SIMPLE DOT ON A KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE MAP

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Would anyone care to share their experience decoding a stand alone dot or perhaps a big dot with a little dot beside it? These dots are inches apart on the O.A.K. map but in reality they are miles apart in some cases, and yards apart in others. Some we have identified as springs, but others still may have another meaning we have not accounted for. Any ideas thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, L.C.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Some dots or bowl looking dots have been '' water marks '' or '' mirror image '' meaning reverse.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Some dots or bowl looking dots have been '' water marks '' or '' mirror image '' meaning reverse.

Aka CUP-MARKS in Virginia; saw plenty of 'em "down" from Shenandoah National Park, top of a waterfall, years ago...

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen what you are talking about too, however these marks are no bigger than a dot on an "i" on a three inch map. Any ideas what they could mean?

Thanks, L.C.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
L.C., it could help I suppose if you can post the arrangement. but if it would give too much away then don't..
It seems that most of what you post is a very special trail with signs not ordinarily used, and that is a treat plus harder to
figure out. how many nights sleep have you lost so far?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C., it could help I suppose if you can post the arrangement. but if it would give too much away then don't..
It seems that most of what you post is a very special trail with signs not ordinarily used, and that is a treat plus harder to
figure out. how many nights sleep have you lost so far?

HAHAHA! LMAO! I hunt this trail in my sleep! I find it next to impossible to ever quit trying to figure it out.:laughing7: Every little gain only leads to the next hurdle....

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as the arrangement goes, they all stand alone in different areas on the maps. No rhyme or reason in the placement to the naked eye.

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Exactly Rebel more dots than people. Some Indian Territory also may be involved and all it is on old maps is the outline of the perimeter of the specified Indian Territory. There is a match for two springs with two of the dots, but nothing further. Some properties have the same perimeters today as 150 years ago with the original locations of dwellings still used, but they don't match the dots. From what we have seen used for markers nothing as Temporary as dwellings have yet to be used. Hope this helps describe the situation better.

thanks for the help, L.C.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread