Three Generals

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While on another board there was a question about the Spanish American War. Three Generals that fought for the Confederate States also were called into service during that war. Gen. Joseph Wheeler, Gen. Fitz Hugh Lee, Gen. Thomas L. Rosser all served as Calvary officers, and General officers at that during the Spanish American War. Makes one think that there were still plans afoot to create The Golden Circle.

Please have another cup of coffee on me. It might be a long night so mine is double espresso.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have did no reading on the Spanish American War nor can I remember much about it from history books. What was this war over and where was it fought? All I can remember was something about San Juan Hill and Teddy Roosevelt.

Also wasn't the KGC disbanded about 20 years after the Spanish American War?
REMEMBER THE MAINE!

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no big historian or expert. The Spanish American War was a war to drive Spain out of Cuba and the Philippines. It was started when the battleship Maine was blown up. The United States sent troops to Cuba to aid the people in driving out the Spanish. This was a army of regular army and volunteers. The Rough Riders of Teddy Roosevelt fame were a volunteer Calvary unit lead by Col. Leonard Wood and Teddy Roosevelt. They fought the battles of San Juan heights and Kettle Hill. There were other battles those two were the ones most remember. It lasted from 1898 to 1902. It would bring fame to Roosevelt, Woods, and John J. "Blackjack" Pershing.

It was the last of the colonization of the 1800's. I am reading more about it as there may be more of a K.G.C. connection than we realize.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teddy also viewed Lincoln's funeral procession thru the streets of New York from a second story window. He was one of the Big Bugs born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I don't think that he forgot the poor people of the streets and was a man who tried to make the country better. He is remembered as one of the first in the progressive movement.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Teddy also viewed Lincoln's funeral procession thru the streets of New York from a second story window. He was one of the Big Bugs born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I don't think that he forgot the poor people of the streets and was a man who tried to make the country better. He is remembered as one of the first in the progressive movement.

Senior Deacon

"THE TRUST BUSTER" LOL!!!! The only trusts that Teddy busted were the O.A.K.'s competition!

L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread