Detector(s) used
AT-Pro, AT-Gold, Ace 250, Sea Hunter Mark 2, Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which is the knight symbol you see

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
1830 Liberty Silver Dollar; BEFORE the Confederate War; "figure" with "pointing arm/sword" looks like NOT wearing a helmet; rags or head-band... PIRATES!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You MAY have Two "sites of interest" (SOI); a Confederate War CAMP-SITE, & an OLDER cache site of PIRATES... WHERE...? (Just a state will do).

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which one is the night symbol in my pics

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if some guy dropped a dime while he was pulling out his pocket knife to carve a heart on the tree to show his girlfriend how much he loved her? I know, crazy right?

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your help, i found out what i need to know. There was a treasure buried near the area but i plan on stopping my search as i have gone as far as I can in my search. from the advice of a friend of mine who is a mason i will be destroying all markers and signs in the area. I can't search unless I understand what I am looking at.. But I want to thank everyone for their help.. i figure if I can't find it no one will..

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks everyone for your help, i found out what i need to know. There was a treasure buried near the area but i plan on stopping my search as i have gone as far as I can in my search. from the advice of a friend of mine who is a mason i will be destroying all markers and signs in the area. I can't search unless I understand what I am looking at.. But I want to thank everyone for their help.. i figure if I can't find it no one will..

That's unfortunate. You will be destroying a part of our country's history.

Most of us who give advice on this forum, do so because we have a deep interest in history. If you do not intend to continue your search, could you please share the story with us. You don't have to give a location but a story would be interesting to those of us who tried to help you.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i figure if I can't find it no one will..

You sound like a spoiled kid stomping his feet as he takes his ball home because he wasn't winning. The Karma you get in return for such an action will be reflected in your treasure hunting future.

Bad Luck
Icewing

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog, I know its unfortunate but i don't know what else to do. I'm not even sure what story I could give you.. I have told all I know and shared all I have. I don't want to destroy anything but seems like I am not getting the help I need. people have said they recognize the symbols but when I ask what symbol they are referring to so I know what to look for they never answer back. An example is the Knight Symbol, I have know idea what a knight symbol looks like so I have know idea which symbol in my pics they are referencing to.. If i could get more help I would be grateful.

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Icewing, I am not a spoiled kid. the land owner has plans to bull doze the area and build on it next year anyway.. I have the land owners full permission to do what I want since hes going to bull doze it anyway.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That's unfortunate. You will be destroying a part of our country's history.

Most of us who give advice on this forum, do so because we have a deep interest in history. If you do not intend to continue your search, could you please share the story with us. You don't have to give a location but a story would be interesting to those of us who tried to help you.
AGREE!

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
How big of an area is the carvings in? An acre, 10 acres, etc? I think that would also determine alot. Every treasure buried by kgc I have ever read about, the clues are spread out, and it takes plotting the symbols out to see if they formed a pattern or the lines intersect. There may by exceptions, I am just not aware of though.

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the area of woods is 625 acres, the carvings are spread out over about 25 acres of that.

S

stefen

thanks, i wish i knew more so i could find the treasure. think i might give up and destroy to tree with the heart and up root the stump so no one else finds it. would be different if i had help to locate it. but thanks

The key to the mystery is to date the tree itself.

Any other discussion is pure speculation regardless of other potential clues fitting the puzzle.

As an example if the tree dates to the early 1900's then the premise of a treasure is up in smoke.

A 150 years ago the tree would have been a sapling.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Icewing, I am not a spoiled kid. the land owner has plans to bull doze the area and build on it next year anyway.. I have the land owners full permission to do what I want since hes going to bull doze it anyway.

Not to be argumentative, but that's not at all what you implied before. You said you were going to destroy it so nobody else could find it because some mason said so. As stated by the previous posters you need to determine the type then age of the trees. Trees have a life span just like anything else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions