Funeral of KGC Leader Henry Ford

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Henry Ford (not the famous automaker) was probably the most mysterious city and county leader that Brownwood and Brown County ever had. Many old-timers believed that he was Jesse Woodson James. While quite a bit has been written about Ford in our local history, the "historians" have always left out two of the most important things about him - he was a leader in the secret order the Knights of the Golden Circle and he was a trusted friend and confidant of Brown County's William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson.

~Texas Jay HenryFord1.jpg KGCinBrownwood,Texas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
Just curious why post a picture of Masonic KT? What do they have to do with the KGC? You are not claiming that they are KGC are you? If they are KGC why would they wear Templar chapeau, Templar baldrics, Templar insignia and sword belts? The High Priest is wearing a Templar Mitre and one of the guys in the back is holding his chapeau on his shoulder like Templars do when they pray.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious why post a picture of Masonic KT? What do they have to do with the KGC? You are not claiming that they are KGC are you? If they are KGC why would they wear Templar chapeau, Templar baldrics, Templar insignia and sword belts? The High Priest is wearing a Templar Mitre and one of the guys in the back is holding his chapeau on his shoulder like Templars do when they pray.

You should know that the KGC was outlawed during the War. After the War was over, they continued their operations under various "legitimate" fraternal organizations, including the Masonic Knights Templar, Knights of Pythias, I.O.O.F. (Odd Fellows), Woodmen of the World, and others. I know from 12 years of research that Henry Ford was KGC. I was given the copy of the KT photograph by a mutual friend of the late Henry Ford II who was Henry Ford's great grandson. HF II had been in one of the KGC tunnels underneath downtown Brownwood when he was a boy. I was the first to ever publish this photograph online. If you'll look above the head of Henry Ford (the only one with his hat off in the photo), you'll notice that "Ford" was written on the photograph long before it was digitized.
~Texas Jay

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
You should know that the KGC was outlawed during the War. After the War was over, they continued their operations under various "legitimate" fraternal organizations, including the Masonic Knights Templar, Knights of Pythias, I.O.O.F. (Odd Fellows), Woodmen of the World, and others. I know from 12 years of research that Henry Ford was KGC. I was given the copy of the KT photograph by a mutual friend of the late Henry Ford II who was Henry Ford's great grandson. HF II had been in one of the KGC tunnels underneath downtown Brownwood when he was a boy. I was the first to ever publish this photograph online. If you'll look above the head of Henry Ford (the only one with his hat off in the photo), you'll notice that "Ford" was written on the photograph long before it was digitized.
~Texas Jay

What is the primary source you are using to make the claim that the KGC continued their operations using these various fraternities as a cover?
Did you find Ford's signed KGC oath or a newspaper or diary, etc. claiming his membership? Or is the claim made by the friend of his great grandson which would be meaningless unless they had some primary source. There are a lot of claims about the KGC on the internet with no primary source evidence to back it up. Sadly that is the majority of what people find and since they have no training in the historical method they believe it and replicate it.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't waste time revealing my sources to you, Walker, as you've already had plenty of time to review them when I posted them the first time.
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions