Newbie seeks an answer to question...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Heh... "on the OTHER hand"; it begs an explanation; WHY would O.H. provide "fake" news/map(s)…? Was he "using" Dalton as the "real" JJ...? The BLACK BOOK was on TN, years ago, FREE! I DID get "excited"... YET! It WAS unbelievable... WOW!

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe if there is anything there it would have to be a small cache left for the sentinels that guarded what was eventually moved from that state before the end of the Civil War.
"Kentucky was a border state of key importance in the American Civil War that officially declared its neutrality at the beginning of the war, but after a failed attempt by Confederate General Leonidas Polk to take the state of Kentucky for the Confederacy, the legislature petitioned the Union Army for assistance."

Just my 2 cents

L.C.

Although the politicians did claim they were neutral in 1861, not ALL of the people felt that way. The underlying sentiments of John Q. Public very in the state much like Kansas and Nebraska did. My point was to say I believe no large vaults are waiting to be found in Kentucky....besides the one at Fort Knox! LOL!
The words of the Kentucky battle song sing a different story than neutrality....

Timewave

Apr 4, 2013
View attachment 1622782 View attachment 1622783

These are not very good copies, maybe someone has a better copy?

Not knowing much about this cache, I studied the area using the provided treasure map (if a more detailed treasure map is available, it would be extremely helpful). I also studied the City of Brentwood online map (available here).

A few things to notice:
1. In the treasure map, the word Road is written 3 times in descending order - like a staircase. If you study the Williamson County map from 1878, you will notice a road immediately beneath the number 15 that drops in descending order - just like a staircase.
2. There is a picture of a church - lettering is too blurry to make out.
3. There are several buildings at the bottom, along with the words "tool shed" and what appears to be the word "barn lot".

Based upon the clues given in the treasure map, I would give an educated guess that it's pointing to Boiling Springs Academy. Or perhaps, Boiling Springs Academy is one of the markers on the map.

Reasons to believe this site to be important:

1. The word "Rail fort". Again, the word is blurry, but the word "fort" is pretty clear. What's interesting about Boiling Springs Academy is the statement regarding a fort-like fence that surrounds it.

"One of the towns where the Priest-Chief, his family and other important leaders lived was in Primm Park which was surrounded by a fort-like fence called a palisade."

Boiling Spring Academy | City of Brentwood

2. Boiling Springs Academy also use to be a church.

3. Immediately across the street is an historic landmark known as the Owen-Primm House. This may have no significance at all, but the land appears to have a barn and shed.

Unfortunately, if there was a cache at that site, it's now probably gone. It appears that the Smithsonian performed an excavation of the Indian mounds (called the Fewkes Site) during the 1920's, which may have been a cover for excavating the cache. But who knows?

FYI - if someone uses these clues to discover the cache, please contact me for the 10% finder's fee. :-)

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Not knowing much about this cache, I studied the area using the provided treasure map (if a more detailed treasure map is available, it would be extremely helpful). I also studied the City of Brentwood online map (available here).

A few things to notice:
1. In the treasure map, the word Road is written 3 times in descending order - like a staircase. If you study the Williamson County map from 1878, you will notice a road immediately beneath the number 15 that drops in descending order - just like a staircase.
2. There is a picture of a church - lettering is too blurry to make out.
3. There are several buildings at the bottom, along with the words "tool shed" and what appears to be the word "barn lot".

Based upon the clues given in the treasure map, I would give an educated guess that it's pointing to Boiling Springs Academy. Or perhaps, Boiling Springs Academy is one of the markers on the map.

Reasons to believe this site to be important:

1. The word "Rail fort". Again, the word is blurry, but the word "fort" is pretty clear. What's interesting about Boiling Springs Academy is the statement regarding a fort-like fence that surrounds it.

"One of the towns where the Priest-Chief, his family and other important leaders lived was in Primm Park which was surrounded by a fort-like fence called a palisade."

Boiling Spring Academy | City of Brentwood

2. Boiling Springs Academy also use to be a church.

3. Immediately across the street is an historic landmark known as the Owen-Primm House. This may have no significance at all, but the land appears to have a barn and shed.

Unfortunately, if there was a cache at that site, it's now probably gone. It appears that the Smithsonian performed an excavation of the Indian mounds (called the Fewkes Site) during the 1920's, which may have been a cover for excavating the cache. But who knows?

FYI - if someone uses these clues to discover the cache, please contact me for the 10% finder's fee. :-)

Wave, I like the way you think. Good Job on coming up with an exellent way to start out on this trail. I hope someone makes use of it and pays you your finders fee!

L.C.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread