Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

Re: A Good Possible, Montezuma Treasure Location

To those who are still interested!
    IE:
    AzExplorer/ChellyP...& ??
    I am, right now, in the process of getting commitments for this site!
    It is along, actually, a few miles due north, of the Az/Mex. Border!
    But!
    The canyon that's just behind camp, 1/2 mile, is a Major No./So. Trail for the Illegals and Drugs Smugglers!
    A few miles from this area, Two U.S. Border Patrolman were shot and killed!
    AND!
    As I have mentioned,? the area is considered? dangerous !
    If you are interested,? be prepared, at ALL! times,? to have & carry a? ?? ? FIREARM!? ? ?
    If you don't have one, I'll have more than enough, along with me!
    But!
    More importantly, YOU MUST BE PREPARED, Mentally & Physically, if necessary, To use! your weapon!
    ? ? ?WHEN will this happen?? ?
    I am going for 5-6 members !
    A couple to? "Camp Sit" and a couple to help dig out the entrance, which is a covered (wooden door) mine tunnel
    I hope that this will come about, early This Spring !
    NOW! ? ??
    The GOOD NEWS!? ?
    ? There'll be more than enough to make all of the participants very,very rich!? ? :P
    & Yes! I have a buyer ?
    PS
    Send me an email !
    CptBil & Bugs

Feb 2005

A few miles from this area, Two U.S. Border Patrolman were shot and killed!
    CptBil,

FWIW.......... we have not lost a Patrol Agent to gunfire in Az since 1998 and that was just one. We DID have 2 P.A.s ambushed while cutting sign on a dope load a few months ago. They have since recovered.

Regardless, this area can be very dangerous, going anywhere armed is a good idea, down there it is a must.

Depending on time frame I would be willing to help with you with site security and whatever else is needed.

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    Modded SD2000 / XTerra70 / Fisher Gemini /
    779 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hey Bill. I would be interested in going. The attached pic should should more than prove my qualifications in both remote camping, and weapons handling. If that's not enough, I'm open to answer any questions you may have. Let me know when and where, and I'll try to schedule it with my real job.
    -Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    779 times

OOOOOPS! Sorry. Forgot to attach pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Nov 2005
    Wyoming

US agents shot at, tension mounts on Mexico border
    Thu Jan 5, 2006 1:32 PM ET

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - U.S. Border Patrol agents have come under fire twice along the Rio Grande in Texas in recent days amid rising tension on the frontier with Mexico, although no one was reported wounded, U.S. authorities said on Thursday.

A Border Patrol spokesman said unknown gunmen fired on agents on patrol in Brownsville, Texas, late on Wednesday. It was not immediately clear if the shots came from Mexico or from within the United States.

"Shots were fired, no one was injured and the FBI have taken the case over," Jose Rodriguez, a spokesman for the Border Patrol in McAllen, Texas, said by telephone.

Rodriguez said the shooting was the second along the same stretch of the Rio Grande in the past week, after agents patrolling the area in a launch on Friday came under a volley of gunfire from Mexico.

"On that occasion the shooters were hiding in brush on the Mexican side of the river ... The launch was struck by five bullets, although there were no injuries," he said.

That incident came on the same day a Border Patrol agent fatally shot a teenage Mexican immigrant as he crossed the border near San Diego on December 30, triggering widespread anger in Mexico and calls for a full investigation.

Speaking to Mexican diplomats late on Wednesday, President Vicente Fox reiterated calls by the Mexican government for clarification of the killing, and pledged to "ensure that total justice is done in the case."

The 2,000-mile (3,200-km) U.S.-Mexico border has always been dangerous, although violent attacks on Border Patrol agents have risen in recent months, especially in Arizona, where around half the 1.2 million undocumented immigrants nabbed crossing from Mexico were detained last year.

The Tucson sector Border Patrol said attacks on agents havroe almost doubled in recent months, and included cases in which officers have been shot at, rammed with cars and pelted with rocks by immigrants and smugglers.

us
    TEA...taxed enough already

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    7 times

I got permission from the boss, so I'm ready to go. Do we have a date yet?

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

Ok!
    I am going back thru this Forum and take down the names of youse guys who have said that you'd like to go!
    I'll give you my email address and a little more info.
    If you are still interested in going, you can let me know!
    If Mr. Gollum doesn't get stuck in his hole, he'll either be there or perhaps want a little help on his site?
    It's fairly close by!
    Think it over,
    I am planning about March sometime?
    But!
    Nothing's in stone!
    So!
    If you need a different date/time bring it up !
    We can get pretty close in, by 4x4 or a tuff truck!!
    I'll get a couple of topo maps and check!
    You/we'll need to have plenty of water !
    CptBil & Bugs

Treasure is all around you, just stop and L@@k ;)

Jan 2005
    1 times

Guys/Gals let us know how it went when you get back. I'd love to hear each one of your takes on the hunt.

Keep us posted! And stay safe 8)

HH
    Diamond Spike
    "Today is the day" Mel Fisher

us
    Feb 2006

Cool, this expedition sounds interesting for sure.

Is it all filled up or is there room for one more? I would love to go.

What is the criteria? And what would be required? Other than good hand eye coordination and the ability to withstand the heat?

I am very interested.

Thanks

us

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    7 times

BILL, (or any other knowledgable THer)

I have just finished reading Bernal Diaz' ( one of the Conquistadores) "The Discovery and Conquest of Mexico." and there was no mention of a vast treasure being carted off, although the take by Cortez was relatively small. What references are there that discuss the relocated treasure of Montezuma. Based on the story, he would not have had much time to gather it up and ship it out. Is there a written history?

What is the source of the rumor of "Montezumas' Gold"?

BobinSD

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1079 times

BobinSD,
    There is no documentation of this 'legend'. There are any number of 'knowledable' sources who place the hoard all over the map - NM, UT, AZ, CA, TX, CO, MX, etc. A search of the 'literature' will give you lots of exciting options, but the 'Montezuma's Treasure' premise has its life only in TH books, magazines, pulp fiction and internet websites and forums. This 'legend' is supported by a variety of wishful thinkers, dreamers and attention seekers, yes, but no one yet has provided any pre-20th century 'documentation'. While I personally believe there is a direct link between the Aztecs and some intriguing North American sites (some maybe very gold-rich), I am yet to be convinced that the 'Montezuma's Treasure' story as we know it has any validity. Show me something other than TH magazine articles.
    "The gods were smiling when you were born. Now they're laughing."​ Chinese fortune cookie

Karmageddon
    : It's like, when everybody is sending off all those bad vibes, right? And then, like, the earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.

us

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    7 times

I agree. The fact that the Aztecs had no pack animals with which to carry heavy items makes it difficult to believe that a bunch of poor indians would backpack across 1000 miles of hostile terrain with scarce water to hide gold (which had minimal value to them). I don't think they had even invented the wheel yet.
    Especially questionable since Montezuma had already been killed. If there was anything left over, I think the Jesuits would have eventually found it through their indian "converts". Religion at its finest.

us
    Jun 2003
    arizona

Quote Originally Posted by cptbil
    Ok!
    I am going back thru this Forum and take down the names of youse guys who have said that you'd like to go!
    I'll give you my email address and a little more info.
    If you are still interested in going, you can let me know!
    If Mr. Gollum doesn't get stuck in his hole, he'll either be there or perhaps want a little help on his site?
    It's fairly close by!
    Think it over,
    I am planning about March sometime?
    But!
    Nothing's in stone!
    So!
    If you need a different date/time bring it up !
    We can get pretty close in, by 4x4 or a tuff truck!!
    I'll get a couple of topo maps and check!
    You/we'll need to have plenty of water !
    Hey Bill almost the end of march what happed to this trip and the other ones that you said that you had planed I got a few things in the fire can't afford to waste my time SOOOOOOOOOOO Buck
    Anxiety in the heart of man causes deppression.But a good word makes it glad.  IN GOD WE TRUST.......

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    779 times

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I thought the Aztecs supposedly hid a massive amount of treasure in the area of "The Seven Caves"? Near their homeland "Azatlan", in an area where they first farmed with "chinampas". (where there were shallow wetlands) hmm, wait until I reveal what I know!

If your area doesn't include these features, I guess you are in the wrong area - but I would still be interested in where you are looking!

Marc

p.s. This winter a recovery will be made! (YES!)
    An area that might be worth looking at is from the North of the Salton Sea down to the Gulf of California. Every so often, the Colorado River would jump it's tracks and flood this whole area, turning it into a shallow sea with a lot of wetlands surrounding it. This is also the basis for the Spanish Pearl Galleon Story.
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

Gollum:
    AHH! :P
    AHH!
    That's where my location is!
    You're giving away the location, to anyone whose a good researcher!
    [b]GOOD RESEARCHer![/b]
    OH! Wow!
    I guess we're safe! :P
    No One Likes To Read any more!
    PS:
    Change that date (March!)that I was supposed to be out there until sometime in MAY!?
    CptBil & Bugs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors