24k gold nugget carved into a strange looking kind of creature.

zzyzx7

Sep 6, 2008
I can only explain about what I found at the bottom of Arizona close to Bisbee. I found a "thing" out in the desert sand in a place where there shouldn't be anything at to be found. There is no logical reason for this to be where it was. At first, I thought that I had found a shinny brass object somebody had lost or threw out of their car as trash but I put it into my pocket and returned to Texas. A few days later I decided to have the gold and silver exchange test it for me and they did. They showed me it to be 24k nugget gold. Not just gold, but a nugget that was carved into a figure. This figure has a face that looks like a jackal and a skull both at the same time and a body of a monkey maybe. The length is 3 inches tall and 3/4 inches width. Its arms are at its side and its hands are cupped open together at its waist. Its legs are bowed open but the feet are both touching together, almost as if it were sitting down. There is no place on it for a chain so it could be worn around the neck. It has a tail that curves upwards and attaches to the back and then curves back out a little bit from there. The last people to have walked through there were probally the Spanish... I guess,...I don't know. Again, this "gold monkey" is 24k gold and it wasn't lost by no kid. I actually at first thought it was a toy and worth nothing at all.......... I have wondered if there might have been more there, maybe under the sand for instance but I haven't been back. Thanks for your input.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zzyzx7 said:
I can only explain about what I found at the bottom of Arizona close to Bisbee. I found a "thing" out in the desert sand in a place where there shouldn't be anything at to be found. There is no logical reason for this to be where it was. At first, I thought that I had found a shinny brass object somebody had lost or threw out of their car as trash but I put it into my pocket and returned to Texas. A few days later I decided to have the gold and silver exchange test it for me and they did. They showed me it to be 24k nugget gold. Not just gold, but a nugget that was carved into a figure. This figure has a face that looks like a jackal and a skull both at the same time and a body of a monkey maybe. The length is 3 inches tall and 3/4 inches width. Its arms are at its side and its hands are cupped open together at its waist. Its legs are bowed open but the feet are both touching together, almost as if it were sitting down. There is no place on it for a chain so it could be worn around the neck. It has a tail that curves upwards and attaches to the back and then curves back out a little bit from there. The last people to have walked through there were probally the Spanish... I guess,...I don't know. Again, this "gold monkey" is 24k gold and it wasn't lost by no kid. I actually at first thought it was a toy and worth nothing at all.......... I have wondered if there might have been more there, maybe under the sand for instance but I haven't been back. Thanks for your input.

Welcome from the UK.

Why can you only explain? Can you not get a picture of it?

Lastly why have you called yourself zzyzx7?

Sounds Asian to me, but we need a picture to help more.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah, please leave my mother-in-law out of this! :-[

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
My mother in law is uglier than that, and meaner too ;D

Fast_Dave

Mar 21, 2003
Superior, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer, White's 6000, Fisher Aquanaut
CoolFrayers said:
I really want to see a picture of this thing.........

The statue or his mother in law?

Seriously, this sounds like another Medallion of Vecingetorix.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A 3 inch carved gold nugget? We need a pic here. Stay tune for "Tales of the Gold Monkey."

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe it's bad karma to post pic of monkey?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
:icon_scratch:

Attachments

• aztec monkey.jpg
    aztec monkey.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 3,114

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Y'all found MonkeyBoy's Avatar!...... :icon_sunny:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first & last

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
CRUSADER said:
zzyzx7 said:

Welcome from the UK.

Why can you only explain? Can you not get a picture of it?

Lastly why have you called yourself zzyzx7?

Sounds Asian to me, but we need a picture to help more.

Crusader - I think he's trying to be clever. I believe this is in Arizona or New Mexico :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2,624

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good research DD, to find the road with the same name as our mysterious poster, with even a more mysterious find.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Uh, um, yeah - I own the Brooklyn Bridge and I just found out they used solid gold for the suspension cables. I don't have any pictures but I'd like to know how much they could be worth. Also have some property in Siberia I'd like to sell...

;D

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
need a pic before anyone can even begin to take you serious.
We have very smart folks here
This smell very fishy to say the least
oh ya - and your sign in name?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread