Best Calc for Examiner

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Art, I lost the count on how many times I had to fix myself those digits in the old HP6S calculator. It's about dead now.
I never liked the new calcs that are currently featured with the Examiner. They are big, heavy and also double displays that suck in which you have to press new equations.
A couple days ago I found the perfect solution to substitute the flimsy and light HP6S. It's a cheap chinese Moure Jar MJ-1110 model.
So this is your best bet when the time arrives for retiring yours.
It's great for our purposes. It's lighter and considerably smaller than the HP6S. The only drawback is that it is not solar and does not stay on all the time. But that's ok.
The examiner looks much sharp now and the calc makes it look as it belonged to the circuit box itselff.
Take a look.

Attachments

• moure1.jpg
    moure1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,202
  • moure2.jpg
    moure2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 783

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey hung….I had some trouble with the 6S solar also….I took the battery out and it still had good voltage…I put the new one in that I bought and no more problems. I have a hard case that I use when I am traveling..After 3 days in the dark it will loss the feet vs metric settings. I have two new spares for mine…Art

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not use an iphone? You can have cell phone frequencies, calculators, apps for creating tones, you can even just bring up a picture of the stuff you want to find?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Why not use an iphone? You can have cell phone frequencies, calculators, apps for creating tones, you can even just bring up a picture of the stuff you want to find?
Hey Jimbog…I have not tried an iphone but I think it would find gold using a set of rods. I am not very good at “eyeballing” electronic to see if they would work with a iphone. I would hate to screw up a good tool just to test a theory
I would hate it if the iphon would not except the entire Mathematical formulas that I use with the Ranger Tell. I enjoy the freedom to search the depth that I am willing to dig that day. Also the distance that I am willing to walk. When I reach the target I also like the feature that tell me if there are coins or gold bars down there. I am very happy with the calculator right now…Art

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any update on using an iphone or other PDA in place of a calculator?

goranspeed

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
Serbia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Fisher 1270, Puls star ll pro, Atlantis imperator, White's spectrum eagle, Garrett ace 350, Minelab SE pro, Minelab musketeer advantage, Rangertell, XP Goldmaxx Power, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jimbog, do you ever use Rangertell, or purely as comment on about this phone? Otherwise, I tried the mobile phone, and of course it will not work. These devices only work a calculator. And with each. With some better, some worse, most do. Cheers.
Goran

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goranspeed said:
Hello Jimbog, do you ever use Rangertell, or purely as comment on about this phone? Otherwise, I tried the mobile phone, and of course it will not work. These devices only work a calculator. And with each. With some better, some worse, most do. Cheers.
Goran

I suggested an iphone since they have calculator apps, frequency generator apps, etc. Other than that no I do not use one.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~SWR~
I've got the dowsing app. Very lame, I don't recommend it.
I like the Granny Smith and the Fuji app. I can't dowse with them but they are delicious…That may be why you can not dowse...Art

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
aarthrj3811 said:
~SWR~
I've got the dowsing app. Very lame, I don't recommend it.
I like the Granny Smith and the Fuji app. I can't dowse with them but they are delicious…That may be why you can not dowse...Art

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WARF: We should, unless it is broad band tuning. the old spark gap transmitter was an example of broad band transmission / tunning . You could pick it up almost any where in the rf frequency, and obviously for beyond each way, through the harmonics and sub harmonics. Why it was quickly banned.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist".

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
woof! said:
And that's why slide rules were banned on RangerTells...........

--Toto

Oh, and if you are left-handed, you have to mount the slide rule upside down, else it will not work right. Apparently (according to Vincent Blanes) if you are left-handed, LRLs in general will not work as advertised.

:dontknow:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Teddy~
Oh, and if you are left-handed, you have to mount the slide rule upside down, else it will not work right. Apparently (according to Vincent Blanes) if you are left-handed, LRLs in general will not work as advertised.

Due to poor Reading Comprehension Teddy is a badly informed person. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,317513.0.html
Just another failed attempt to discredit these great tools…Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread