Requirements for LRL Promoters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
The following document is rumored to have been discovered at the home of an LRL Promoter---

----------

Required Mindset for LRL Promoters

1. An LRL Promoter must have a total disregard for Science.
2. An LRL Promoter must be able to constantly gush gibberish pseudoscience.
3. Whenever pressed for proof, an LRL Promoter must use any means possible to change the subject.
4. The best way to change the subject is to demand proof from the challenger.
5. An LRL Promoter must continually claim that LRLs work, yet continually say that they aren't making a claim.
6. When shown to be unable to prove the claim, an LRL Promoter must simply ignore it, and make more claims.
7. If an LRL Promoter cannot change the subject away from "proof," he must insult the challenger, and bait him for an emotional response.
8. If baiting is successful, it's good for diverting from the subject for several posts, and possibly the rest of the thread.
9. An LRL Promoter must use tactic #8 the most, when a thread is about actual, documented, Scientific proof.
10. An LRL Promoter's ultimate goal in baiting, is to provoke the challenger into such an emotional response that he will get banned.
11. If none of the baiting tactics work, the LRL Promoter must state that posting real facts, is a "bad" thing, in an attempt to get the challenger to stop posting.
12. If none of these tactics are working at all, the LRL Promoter must contact the LRL Maker for "top level" instructions, which may include starting new user accounts which appear to be from "total strangers," because they can claim to be "unbiased," and thus more convincing. This is an especially good tactic for fooling the moderators! Ha-ha-ha!

Special Instructions: Who cares what we say! We can always get new usernames if we get banned! Our main intention on forums is to confuse the issues, and then make those who post actual facts, appear to be bullies. Remember, we have nothing to lose, because our stuff doesn't really work at all. But we have everything to gain! $$$$$!

----------

I can't vouch for the authenticity of this document, but it sure sounds right!

EE THr

:laughing7:

Merry Christmas!

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
EE THr said:
The following document is rumored to have been discovered at the home of an LRL Promoter---

----------

3. Whenever pressed for proof, an LRL Promoter must use any means possible to change the subject.
5. An LRL Promoter must continually claim that LRLs work, yet continually say that they aren't making a claim.
6. When shown to be unable to prove the claim, an LRL Promoter must simply ignore it, and make more claims.
7. If an LRL Promoter cannot change the subject away from "proof," he must insult the challenger, and bait him for an emotional response.
8. If baiting is successful, it's good for diverting from the subject for several posts, and possibly the rest of the thread.
9. An LRL Promoter must use tactic #8 the most, when a thread is about actual, documented, Scientific proof.
10. An LRL Promoter's ultimate goal in baiting, is to provoke the challenger into such an emotional response that he will get banned.
11. If none of the baiting tactics work, the LRL Promoter must state that posting real facts, is a "bad" thing, in an attempt to get the challenger to stop posting.
12. If none of these tactics are working at all, the LRL Promoter must contact the LRL Maker for "top level" instructions, which may include starting new user accounts which appear to be from "total strangers," because they can claim to be "unbiased," and thus more convincing. This is an especially good tactic for fooling the moderators! Ha-ha-ha!

Special Instructions: Who cares what we say! We can always get new user names if we get banned! The main intention of an LRL Promoter is to confuse the issue and make those who post facts, appear to be bullies. Remember, we have nothing to lose, because our stuff doesn't really work. But we have everything to gain! $$$!

----------

EE THr

Merry Christmas!

Found in an LRL'ers house? Actually.....

I think that's the one that Randi handed out to his top henchmen. Of course, the word "Pseudo-skeptic" has been replaced with "LRL Promoter".

Interestingly enough, and just on a side note, the term "LRL Promoter" is used extensively by......(drum roll)....EE! It's probably just coincidence though, right? Just a coincidence......

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Actually the original document said, "LRL Shills," but I thought I would tone it down a bit. I certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone.

:hello2:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE THr~
Don't take it too seriously, Art.
Don’t you know by now that no one takes your posts seriously..Heck the other skeptics do not either. You forgot to put a link to where you found this piece of B/S at...Art

Art, it's only a joke... :icon_thumleft: :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Alert! Alert! An updated version of "The Requirements..." was reportedly found, inside a mayonnaise jar, at the curb of an LRL Promoter! It is noted that a 13th Requirement was added!---

----------

13. If #12 doesn't work, then the top dogs themselves must step in and personally make posts, this is not only to stymie the debunkers and stump the moderators, but also to show the promoter flunkies how it's reeeeeeally done! Woo-hoo! These boys know no limits, and can readily use the most outrageous BS, like claiming high power transmitters when there really are no transmitters, claiming radio waves resonate metals when they actually can't and there are no radio waves transmitted in the first place, and the holy grail of LRL and MFD mythology---those grand and glorious Harmonics! Oh!---What a show it will be! He-he-he-he!

Special Instructions: Who cares what we say! We can always get new usernames if we get banned! Our main intention on forums is to confuse the issues, and then make those who post actual facts, appear to be bullies. Remember, we have nothing to lose, because our stuff doesn't really work at all. But we have everything to gain! $$$$$!

----------

EE THr

Merry Christmas!

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
I heard it was a pseudo-skeptic that found it. But it wasn't found by the curb, he found it looking through the trash for aluminum cans...

Maybe it was Randi, hoping to make some extra cash for legal bills! :laughing9:

And of course, with revisions made to the text, it was passed on.... 8)

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..... oh what fun it is to read what EE posts each day....hey!! ;D

Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
EddieR said:
I heard it was a pseudo-skeptic that found it. But it wasn't found by the curb, he found it looking through the trash for aluminum cans...

Maybe it was Randi, hoping to make some extra cash for legal bills! :laughing9:

And of course, with revisions made to the text, it was passed on.... 8)

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..... oh what fun it is to read what EE posts each day....hey!! ;D

Merry Christmas!

Thank you, thank you. I owe it all to the wonderful inspiration I find in this Section of the Forum!

May you have a Happy Holiday Season!

:icon_santa: :occasion16: :occasion18:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
EE's schitt-list that started this post may not be the final gospel that ends all (that's what oncologists are for), but it ain't too shabby as a starting place for understanding the LRL business.

LRL fans want to nitpick it rather than tackle it head-on. That my story and they're sticking to it.

A.R. had more than one career, and as we all know here (by now!) debunking LRL's was a little piece of it. I know virtually nothing of what A.R. said or did in that process, but I know how defenders responded from forum participation. A.R.'s contribution to the realm of knowledge was not so much what he provided, but what he caused the defenders to reveal about their own delusions. A.R.'s personal and religious life may or may not have sucked, I'm not sufficiently of the Pharisee tradition or deeply dumped on to decree that. I do however see him in the role of Zaccheus, the condemned taxman. He has taxed well. On both sides of the aisle. No wonder we hear so many complaints! Including the complaints which are conspicuous by their silence like the L-club of yore.

--Toto

PS: Is "Larry" still around? I miss the guy, he taught me a heckuvalot.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~EE~
"To accomplish this most effectively, we must start new topics, in order to move the incriminating evidence far down the index page, out of sight of any newcomers. That way, we can all support each other's made-up claims, concerning just about anything, and it will seem like others agree with us. This way the newcomers will trust us, and will fall for our scam. Happy "Hunting!" Ha-ha-ha!
And you do that very well..Art

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Additional Information!

It was just recently noticed, that an addendum was penciled-in on the back of the latest sheet of the "Requirements for LRL Promoters."

Here's what it said---

"No matter how much factual evidence anyone provides, which shows for certain that LRLs don't work, we must merely continue posting pseudoscience nonsense. When we are totally proven to be wrong, that is when we must post even more pseudoscience malarkey.

"To accomplish this most effectively, we must start new topics, in order to move the incriminating evidence far down the index page, out of sight of any newcomers. That way, we can all support each other's made-up claims, concerning just about anything, and it will seem like others agree with us. This way the newcomers will trust us, and will fall for our scam. Happy "Hunting!" Ha-ha-ha!

"Remember, it doesn't matter that our devices don't work at all---just keep posting as though they do, and the dollars will come rolling in!"

-----

Since this wasn't signed, there is no way to authenticate it as being real. Other than the fact that it fits the pattern of the LRL promoters to a "T"!

Merry Christmas!

:occasion16: :icon_santa: :occasion18:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread