Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo.Hunter

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2012
amman
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 Deepseeker metal detector with TreasureVision TreasureTalk and Graphic target analyzer (TreasureHound™ EagleEye™ Depth Multiplier)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first thread...!!! :hello2:
Ineed of help with my (Garret GTI 2500 Deepseeker metal detector with treasureVision treasureTalk and graphic target analyzer ).

I would like to know if someone has extensive knowledge about this device and whats its depth range..??

I think it can pick up to three and half meters (approximately 10 feet) i dont know if its right or wrong...???

What i look for is Gold coins and relics at depths of 3 - 6 meters so is this device sutaible for the findings that i am looking for...??

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Jo.Hunter...I don’t know much about Conventional Metal Detectors....I have a storm drain in front of my house that looks to be about 8 feet deep. I would drop a few coins in and see if I could detect them...or..you could go to a construction site and ask if you good put some coins in one of the trenches and go back when they are done with the project..Art

OP
OP
J

Jo.Hunter

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2012
amman
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 Deepseeker metal detector with TreasureVision TreasureTalk and Graphic target analyzer (TreasureHound™ EagleEye™ Depth Multiplier)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANX aarthrj3811

hopefully ill know the extent of this machine cuz i kinda know it gets up to 10 feet but can i get more depth if i change some sort of settings...???

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunter, this is the "LRL" forum, which is primarily about dowsing rods that have bogus electronics added. Since your question pertains to metal detectors (specifically Garrett), you'll be better off posting in the Garrett forum.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Woof~
Hunter, this is the "LRL" forum, which is primarily about dowsing rods that have bogus electronics added
No woof...This forum is where Treasure Hunters can discuss LRL’s...Dowsing Rods are discussed on the dowsing Forum...Art

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Jo Hunter,

I use a GTI 2500 and have never heard of it detecting to THAT depth. I routinely dig coins at 12" and recently a lock from 16". I'd email Garrett and ask them directly about its depth capability. I have the video on it and I don't remember anything about deep seeking capability. I would expect you'd need a two-box detector for that.

OP
OP
J

Jo.Hunter

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2012
amman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot to say that i work with TreasureHound™ EagleEye™ Depth Multiplier coil.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
I also have a treasure hound. My Soveriegn will out shoot it unless it is a huge target My Gemini lll will by far out shoot it. Now I am trying a Pulse- matic and it will out shoot it. My advice is to put a good coil back on the Garrett and find something else to shoot deep. Unless missing good targets is accectable.

Aug 28, 2012
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could get 10 feet, with the treasure hound if its a large object.... you will not get single coins, etc at that depth... the treasure hound is meant for caches....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GTI 2500 will NOT find coins at 10 feet. There is NO multiplier that can be added to get that kind of depth on any detector meant for coins.Some two-box models MAY get targets that are 10 feet deep but they must be HUGE targets! As Woof states, go to metal detecting forums to get answers to this question. TTC

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TerryC~
GTI 2500 will NOT find coins at 10 feet. There is NO multiplier that can be added to get that kind of depth on any detector meant for coins.Some two-box models MAY get targets that are 10 feet deep but they must be HUGE targets! As Woof states, go to metal detecting forums to get answers to this question. TTC
Thanks for the information about conventional Metal Detectors....If you read all the Metal Detector posts you will find that they are not perfect,. The only one I owned I threw in the river...After digging two hundred pull tabs when in the gold mode I decided I had been ripped off...No..it could not swim...Art

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
~TerryC~

Thanks for the information about conventional Metal Detectors....If you read all the Metal Detector posts you will find that they are not perfect,. The only one I owned I threw in the river...After digging two hundred pull tabs when in the gold mode I decided I had been ripped off...No..it could not swim...Art
Your'e welcome, Art.... but somehow I am sure you already knew that info. You're not a newbie. The thing that makes a detector a GREAT detector is the BRAIN HOUSING GROUP between the ears. TTC

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you had a very expensive metal detector that only found pull tabs. It couldn't swim either. Hey I got one of those too. I am beginning to think a lot of the tv shows and videos on you tube are seeded with finds. But I do ok every now and then I get it right. I would not have tried the water torture on my detector though lol.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Casca~
So you had a very expensive metal detector that only found pull tabs. It couldn't swim either. Hey I got one of those too. I am beginning to think a lot of the tv shows and videos on you tube are seeded with finds. But I do ok every now and then I get it right. I would not have tried the water torture on my detector though lol.
Gee Casca...After the disaster with the detector I made a few phone calls...I found a dealer in Nevada that said his unit would not locate pull tabs only gold...I took a ride up there and took a hands on demonstration. I went back to the location and recovered over an ounce of placer gold...Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread