Jan 11, 2005
Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Lahoop..The best advice I can give you is to contact the manufacture and ask him your questions...then travel to a site where you can do a hands on demonstration.. One of the questions you may want to know if it is legal under the USA FCC regulations...
Then you can decide if you want to purchase it...Art

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there is any restrictions. It's not radio frequencies. Just like metal detectors no license required. I saw a couple posts on Carl's forum about the Spectra. Ask them about it. Don't listen to anyone who hasn't used one. All you'll get is B.S.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
2200 Euros. If you buy it, you'll quickly discover that whether or not it's FCC legal doesn't matter one whit. If that sounds like expensive education, you can do a "read the advertisement" maneuver and come to the same conclusion for free.

--Dave J.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen gold finders using this before on TV shows and YouTube, it does look to be very helpful... :occasion14:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a seller in Texas. Look at their website for distributors.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you think that if these things really worked there would be no treasure left to find already?? My opinion is that you might as well use a forked stick or a couple of pieces of brazing wire.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~gunsil~
Don't you think that if these things really worked there would be no treasure left to find already??
That may be true someday but right now there is still a lot of treasure to be recovered.
My opinion is that you might as well use a forked stick or a couple of pieces of brazing wire.
Yes...That method will work but the newer technology will give you much more information so you can decide to dig or not...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof
2200 Euros. If you buy it, you'll quickly discover that whether or not it's FCC legal doesn't matter one whit. If that sounds like expensive education, you can do a "read the advertisement" maneuver and come to the same conclusion for free.
Gee..I read the ad...One of questions I have is this part
Power for large distance: Rayfinder gold locator features a 24 volts peak-to-peak transmitter, permits to select detection range levels from 300 meters and up to 2100+ meters.
I have one that’s runs with 72 volts....I know it will interfere with other signals...I know it is illegal to sell in the USA...It is good to know when you are breaking the law.
"As seen on TV", how much more proof could a person possibly want?
Not enough proof that you would be happy with the device....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Art~

1. ~woof

Gee..I read the ad...One of questions I have is this part

Power for large distance: Rayfinder gold locator features a 24 volts peak-to-peak transmitter, permits to select detection range levels from 300 meters and up to 2100+ meters.
I have one that’s runs with 72 volts....I know it will interfere with other signals...I know it is illegal to sell in the USA...It is good to know when you are breaking the law.

"As seen on TV", how much more proof could a person possibly want?

Not enough proof that you would be happy with the device....Art
~Signal Line~
More B.S.

Which Part is B.S....Art

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful people !

it is OK to give your opinions on the device.

It is not ok to accuse members of anything :evil5:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't be surprised if that whole calculator thing wasn't an elaborate skeptic hoax.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lahoop,

How much money do you have to lose, err, I mean, spend? I can sell you an LRL that I guarantee will locate buried gold 10 times farther away than the Rayfinder. Heck, a written guarantee at that, worth every bit of the paper it's written on. And I can guarantee that without even knowing how far Rayfinder claims to go.

- Carl

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much all of the MFD type locators can go up to one mile under optimum conditions. Most give a conservative number of a quarter mile and that's a big area There's an old one from Nevada that claimed eight miles. That's getting into dowsing territory. Some people get confused between the two (dowsing vs. MFD locator). Dell Winders has been doing the MFD longer than anyone. He is the person who discovered using L-rods was easier than the electronic receivers that he and Vernon Rose used back in the 1970's. If you want information, he is THE go-to guy.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are dead set on the Rayfinder, the outift in Laredo, Texas is called El Dorado Metal Detectors. If you have no L-rod experience I suggest you get a low priced unit to learn on. It takes lots of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread