Eliminator e-120 part 3

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Eliminator e-120 mineral filter and stand alone MFD transmitter runs on a nine volt battery. I hooked up a six volt battery to see if I could get a less powerful signal from it. The low battery light comes on but it still puts out a signal. While I haven't tested it in the field this way, not even outdoors for that matter, it pinpoints better with the lower voltage when using it as a stand-alone MFD transmitter. What I've noticed with the nine volt you get two signal lines--one to each edge of the target's field. I don't see any advantage to the six volt when using the mineral filter settings, but I haven't tried it and it's possible it might give a slightly finer tuning, I don't know.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I did take it outside today. Very cold and deep snow. With the six volt battery I was not hitting it any better. I don't know, maybe it was just weak conditions but it definitely was working better indoors at room temperature. Looks like I will have a looooooong wait for that to happen outdoors. Like May or June. Oh, did I really say that? At this point I think I need to add MORE voltage for outdoors and I do not wish to fry the electronics so that ain't gonna happen.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Specifications
Eliminator e-120 is a device that operates simultaneous with distant locators, to cancel false target indications.
Eliminator e-120 is a device that operates simultaneous with distant locators,
to cancel false target indications caused by small objects, minerals, gold nuggets
and electromagnetic fields.
Can also function when a target has been discovered in order to validate it.
Eliminator uses a ground probe to induce it’s signal,
transmits to all VLF frequencies from 1 KHz to 20 KHz,
to ensure rejection of interference regardless of the metal type the user scans for.
Offers selectable rejection speed, that can be set to ignore minerals, coin size,
can size or chest size objects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread