Keeping fresh (How not to go stale)

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been my experience from using an LRL many hours each week that I sometimes get something like a tone deafness when using the same frequency or same piece of equipment. I like to vary things. I don't know, maybe when just learning this isn't considered the best idea--you want to master one device. Anyway if you get stale I suggest you try a different frequency. Some books I've read say say to limit each session to about twenty minutes. I have to admit sometimes it takes me that long just to get warmed up, especially if I haven't practiced for a couple days. But I agree that more, shorter practice sessions are better than fewer long ones.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Since I already know what my device will do I just check to still see if it is working properly..I have already practiced so it is no big deal..But if you are trying to learn practice is what you need..Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Art, it's a funny world we live in. Signal (Mike) keeps telling us how great his stuff is, and is even trying to sell it without saying what the heck it actually is, and when you read his posts the story is always how he couldn't finding anything because of this or that or who knows what or doesn't. It's a great piece of "read the advertisement". Given enough time he can chase down a coin in his back yard, but actually finding something that wasn't planted, .....

Far be it from me to defend your doodlebugging equipment, other than to say that when it comes to dowsing, I've done it under blinded conditions and gotten results sufficiently good that I don't know how to explain them.

HOWEVER-- independently of the question of what role your doodlebugging equipment may play in your quest to find stuff, you actually go out there and look and aren't afraid to do the same kinds of stuff that people who don't doodlebug do in order to find stuff.

BTW, the old owl thing sucked. I like your new visual avatar icon. Reminds me of the vacas flacas of Sonora, Mexico when I was working on a gold mine there back in 1976. A lesson about the temporary nature of life, and how much we are at the mercy or otherwise of forces beyond our control.

--Dave J.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Dave....I don’t read a lot of books to find treasure...I love to locate and recover gold...I will use any and all tools needed to do this...Art

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find my Ipod and its Steely Dan playlist is a lot more accurate at leading me to treasure. I would put it up against any LRL on the market today.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
"The door to Knowledge & Understanding, is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind”
Just trying to educate treasure hunters...I have done the testing and have answered the 17 people who wanted more information

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing I love to do to keep fresh is to go back and reread the material I have on locating. I don't care how many times I read them I learn something new every time I open the book. I just have to say if you don't keep learning you will not be up to your fullest potential.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread