signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That book is on line for free in pfd format. Just do a google search. My feelings are read it and at least you know where you stand. Obviously a rabidly biased skeptic is not likely to benefit much from it because they are addicted to their ego. The one's who need it the most are too conceited to read it. That's what i call the Natural Selection Process.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
There are three parts to this one. The first is very dry but the second one shows the longitudinal vs transverse waves. I don't believe someone with electronics background could not see this and know the skeptic "logic" is bogus, intentional deception. It's all about money from metal detector sales on one side and money from fake LRL's on the other. I seek the truth.

Tell me if this logic is bogus:

My hypothetical company makes metal detectors. I'm in a fairly limited market with a lot of competition, so market share is important. It comes to my attention that there's another way to detect metal, a way that's quite unconventional and might initially frighten consumers, but my company has a long history in the business and a solid reputation with the consumer trust that comes with it. People will buy it if I sell it, and if it works, I'll likely dominate the market...at least until my competitors start making something similar. I bounce the ideas of my people "with [an] electrics background" because companies that make metal detectors typically employ a few folks like this and because it's so obvious to them, they enthusiastically endorse it. I would be a fool not to jump on this and corner the market, right?

There are too many examples of just this sort of thing happening during my lifetime - everything from the personal computer to the hybrid car - that I'm not going to bother to list them all. Am I to assume that every manufacturer of metal detectors with a good reputation is entirely managed by fools?

The simpler answer is that most of them have already looked into this and didn't like what they saw, including the people with electronics backgrounds. Metal detectors do not represent a significant portion of America's economy. Those companies that make them rely heavily on their reputations to sell them. If they made something that didn't work, they wouldn't be in business for very long in this day and age. My thought is that none of them want to be "that" company that ruins their reputation for short term profits by selling something that simply doesn't work - again, the simpler answer.

As for the fakes, you'll get no argument from me there. We're largely in agreement. A manufacturer without a reputation has no reputation to lose, after all.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compass metal detectors sold them. A successful smear campaign has all but destroyed any interest, or at least drove it underground. The Wikipedia article is a classic example. You have to know most people accept that as truth. Whoever wrote that is either ignorant or intentionally deceptive or all of the above. Maybe you should ask yourself "What is their motive?". Maybe they are disgruntled. The mind can come up with a thousand phony excuses. You tell them to yourself enough times and you start to believe it. The skeptics can't use one and they have no business acting like an authority. That's mental illness.

if that Wikipedia article is written by who I think, he has said anyone can learn to use an L-rod is twenty minutes. That's like saying anyone can learn to golf in twenty minutes, or learn to play a musical instrument. That's a delusional mind. i know people have the gold fever, get rich quick. They want it now and there are people who will sell it to them and tell them what they want to hear. Anything on ebay. These people have no conscience. It takes many weeks to learn the meditation for a pure. clear focus needed to use an L-rod. There are no short-cuts, but everyone wants to believe they are the exception, feel they have entitlement. And when they find out otherwise, blame the equipment, because it can't possibly be that they are the problem. The pusher told them it is easy and you don't need personal instruction and you don't need some form of meditation even simple yoga breathing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You see how far telling the truth gets me. The skeptics are no better than the pushers. I get hit from both sides, never any thanks, just hatred directed towards me. That's why i usually delete my posts after a while. I get tired of being perceived as negative. Locating is my passion. I live it, eat it, breathe it, sleep it.

I know Dell Winders gave free training, and i think Bob Fitzgerald requires you to get training.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the skeptics and the pushers have done their share at destroying the LRL hobby. BTW, if I recall correctly White's did look at marketing an LRL many years ago. Even that guy from Fishers said he was doing marketing research. I admit i don't know what for because he is a big skeptic. In the end whether a company decides to sell or not is a decision they made and it doesn't mean LRL's don't work.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
You see how far telling the truth gets me. The skeptics are no better than the pushers. I get hit from both sides, never any thanks, just hatred directed towards me. That's why i usually delete my posts after a while. I get tired of being perceived as negative. Locating is my passion. I live it, eat it, breathe it, sleep it.

I know Dell Winders gave free training, and i think Bob Fitzgerald requires you to get training.
This is the way I recommend that everyone do. Go to the manufacturer and learn how the device works and do a hands on test. I have done this three times….Art

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long Range Locators LRL Gold Detectors. | eBay

https://i.reddit.com/r/Prospecting/...ggest_scam_in_prospecting_long_range/.compact

If you believe in them, that's great.

It just makes me wonder why you would start a thread like this, trying to prove a point when no one is debating you. Post after post, rambling........fishing for an argument, I guess.

I'll be a LRL skeptic until an electronic schematic is posted showing how they work. If your psyche is key in controlling the device, why would you use a device in the first place? Just look into your crystal ball, and see where all that treasure is hiding.

Don't tell me to study obscure theories, post what you want me to study. I will, just show me something.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Don't tell me to study obscure theories, post what you want me to study. I will, just show me something.
What is obscure about the theory? They have been around a long time. There are thousands of them being used....Art

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a lot of people with metal detectors, but no one with a LRL.

I read a lot of articles in national treasure magazines that show valuables found with metal detectors, but I've never read one story about a LRL find.

The only success stories I see, are from people selling them.

I never see anything about metal detectors being a scam, or that they don't work, but negative LRL reports are everywhere.

if you could just explain how they work, it would help me believe. thank you.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I don’t make them. I just use them. All I need to know is how to use them. If you only search parks and houses don’t expect to see any of them. ...Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't post this to start an argument. I posted it to put the truth out there, and that wikipedia article is not the truth.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that wikipedia article should have been directed at the few people selling phony devices, but instead he groups all LRL's as fraudulent. And just because a jury agrees does not make it true. They always side against banks or anyone with money. That's the phony skeptic "logic" designed to deceive. And a lot of people beilieve it's the truth because it's on wikipedia. Say what you want but that is betrayal of trust. Look, I don't like to see people selling the phony devices like the calculator. And i say any control box on a swivel handle is unreliable and unlikely to work much at all. But grouping everything together is totally wrong and a sick mind. He doesn't know. You can't just read some article and make judgement like you are an authority. That's as phony as it gets. You do that to a class of people and and it's called bigotry or prejudice. Somehow it's okay to bash LRL's and that one guy I think wrote this said he enjoyed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course the skeptics claim anything that uses as L-rod is dowsing. Again, this is the phony skeptic "logic" known as inductive reasoning and that is bogus and they know it. The devices I rely on have a transmitter that is placed on the ground and a "signal line" to the target develops. The original frequency discriminators used an electronic receiver to detect this line. It was bulky and expensive at the time (1980's) and Dell Winders discovered that L-rods could be used to detect the line. Of course this has the stigma of dowsing but it is nothing mental or psychic like most dowsing devices. That's the whole thing about the control box on a swivel handle--they rely on dowsing because they don't develop a discriminated line to the target. That signal line is the discrimination by harmonics. As I said this is similar to WiTricity and a number of other systems i described earlier in this thread.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I think that wikipedia article should have been directed at the few people selling phony devices, but instead he groups all LRL's as fraudulent. And just because a jury agrees does not make it true.
Only one dealer has a conviction. That flies in the face of the many Solders who say that the devices saved their lives.
I don't like to see people selling the phony devices like the calculator. And i say any control box on a swivel handle is unreliable and unlikely to work much at all.
Gee Mike...The many people who use them say you are wrong. Just because they sell more units than anyone else does not make them evil or a fraud. We don't tell you that the type of device you use does not work just that it is 35 year old technology.
That's the whole thing about the control box on a swivel handle--they rely on dowsing because they don't develop a discriminated line to the target. That signal line is the discrimination by harmonics. As I said this is similar to WiTricity and a number of other systems i described earlier in this thread.
Gee Mike...I don’t have any trouble finding the signal line to the target. I don’t have any trouble getting more information like depth, distance and what the target is from my device. The only information I get from dowsing is that there is a target somewhere out there...Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I'm not saying those type devices cannot work. I have an Electroscope Fieldscope. i can hit a gold test target with it most the time, but it's a little crude for pinpointing. I've had it for four years or so and I gave up on it a time or two. Whatever device you get, it's going to take huge amounts of practice that most people don't have that much patience. If you can get personal instruction you will be years ahead. My motto is "Nothing is as easy as it first appears." You gotta want it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you didn't catch my drift, the frequency discriminators are much easier to earn than anything that relies on dowsing. They don't always work, and no locator is perfect. But the discrimination is there when they are working and figure about ten times more recoveries than with a dowsing device. I've mentioned the Eliminator e-120 as a low cost device. They work a lot better when there's moisture in the ground. Dryer ground takes longer for the signal line to develop. imagelocators sells them. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
In case you didn't catch my drift, the frequency discriminators are much easier to earn than anything that relies on dowsing. They don't always work, and no locator is perfect. But the discrimination is there when they are working and figure about ten times more recoveries than with a dowsing device
Wow...Can you tell the difference between a Dowsing signal and a man made signal?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread